Are you struggling while accessing the company file due to QuickBooks Error 6000 80? Also, do you want to know the exact reason that might lead to this error? If that’s so, then you have reached the right spot. In this comprehensive guide, we have discussed all the root causes that might evoke the error and solutions to fix it.
Whenever the error pops up, it enhances the risk of damaging the company file data. Therefore, to reduce the risk of losing important company data, it is crucial to get it fixed asap with the correct resolution methods.
Looking for professional help to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80? Ring us at @+1-844-508-2335 and talk to our professionals to get immediate assistance for your query.
Reasons That Might Lead to QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80
Below, we have mentioned some possible reasons that might give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80.
- It may occur when the user tries to launch the corrupt company file.
- Sometimes, it may occur when QuickBooks cannot access the data file placed on the host or server computer.
- In other instances, it may happen due to some issues with the company file size.
- When multiple systems in the network are hosting the data file might result in QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80.
Also Read – Rectify QuickBooks Error 12157 Easily
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80
The user will notice an unusual behaviour on your computer screen; you are about to receive QuickBooks Error 6000 80, which is listed below.
- The users might face problems accessing the company file when encountering QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80.
- Your current Windows on which you are working starts responding sluggishly.
- The PC crashes and throws an error message on your computer screen.
- There might be the possibility that you see that your QuickBooks Desktop stops responding.
Quick Fixes For QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80
In this part, we have explained the best working solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6000 80 instantly. Look at all the troubleshooting methods and apply as per the cause of the error.
First Procedure: Shift or Copy the Company File to Local Drive
Sometimes, changing the data file’s location might help resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80. To do the same, perform the stepwise instructions illustrated below.
- Initially, locate and copy the backup company file (.qbb) you had taken a day before when the error occurred in the local C: Drive.
- After this, you must restore the backup to the local Drive within the folder.
- Next, open and check the data file that you wish to update.
- Following this, transfer the file back to its original location and overwrite it with the present one before proceeding further.
- Finally, try to launch the QuickBooks company file again and check whether you are still receiving the error.
Also Read – Eliminate QuickBooks Error H505 Seamlessly
Second Procedure: Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
As mentioned above, damage in the data file is one of the reasons that emerges QuickBooks error code 6000 80. So, to repair the damage in the data file, use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool by following the process below.
- In the initial phase, download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Reach the Download’s section and run the Tool Hub program installer file.
- Now, initiate the installation process by agreeing to the License Agreement and following the directions on-screen.
- Go to the Desktop, and double-tap on the icon of Tool Hub to open it.
- Navigate to the Company File Issues tab, then hit the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Furthermore, pick the option to configure the data damage in the company file.
- If you are struggling with the same error while fixing the data damage, restore the most recent backup of your data file.
Third Procedure:- Clear the Unnecessary Space from the company file extension
At times, the unnecessary space between the company file extension might give rise to Error Code 6000 80. Follow the instructions below to check for extra spaces in company file extension.
- In the beginning, sign out from QuickBooks Desktop from all the devices that are attached to multi-user mode.
- Navigate and launch the company file folder that comprises your company file.
- Afterwards, right-click on the company file folder and choose “Rename”.
- Now, choose the file name and verify whether any extra spaces are included in the extension.
- Moreover, you must also check for unnecessary spaces in the file name.
- If you find any extra spaces, remove them and save the file name and extension.
- Finally, access the data file and see if the error persists.
Also Read – Recover QuickBooks Admin Password
Fourth Procedure: Examine the Hosting For Accessing QuickBooks Files
Sometimes, issues with the host settings might give rise to company file error 6000 80. Check the hosting of the data file using the instructions below to sort out the issue instantly.
- Firstly, access the company folder that contains your data file.
- If you find that the server installs on your host computer, you have to change the location of your data file.
- Then, launch the QuickBooks application along with the company file receiving the error message.
- If you can easily launch the data file, you must check it.
- If you can’t access the file, go ahead to the option “Copy file to another location”.
- Now, you must move further and try to rebuild your data file.
We hope this explanatory guide will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 80 permanently. However, if you are still struggling while accessing your data file, we suggest you consult our professionals via the live chat facility. The experts will listen to your query patiently and devise simple solutions to fix it.