Facing issues while trying to switch from QuickBooks single-user mode to multi-user mode? Well, the reason behind this hindrance is QuickBooks error H202. Many users also face this error when QuickBooks is unable to open a company data file saved on another system. By this, an error Window pops up on the user’s screen, indicating the blocked multi-user connection to the server.
At the time of this error, users notice a message on their screen stating, “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)” and “QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202).” Multiple factors are responsible for this issue, which we will talk about further in this blog.
Do you need professional help while dealing with this QuickBooks multi-user error code H202? We got you! Dial +1-844-508-2335. Our QuickBooks professionals are just a call away.
Primary Factors Responsible For QuickBooks Error Code H202
Users may encounter the error H202 due to the communication glitch between your QuickBooks Desktop and the server. Along with this, we have jotted down a few more common factors that are responsible for QuickBooks error code H202.
- Misconfigured or incorrect QuickBooks hosting settings can cause users to face the error code H202.
- Improper DNS configuration settings can also contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks error message H202.
- You may receive the QuickBooks error message H202 due to the damaged or corrupted .ND network file.
- The missing IP address of the QuickBooks server and or the Host can also bring the error code H202 to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Issues with your QuickBooks Database Server Manager are another factor responsible for H202 error QuickBooks.
- Users with Inactive or disabled QuickBooks services may face issues while switching from single-user mode to the QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- If QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are facing issues while running in the background, it may lead to the H202 error in QuickBooks.
- Any damage or corruption in your QuickBooks company data files (QBW files) can surely cause users to face different types of QuickBooks errors, including error code H202 in QuickBooks.
What Signs Can Help You Identify QuickBooks Error H202?
The following are the clues that will help you prominently identify the QuickBooks error H202. Also, when you know about such signs of error, you can be better prepared in advance to fix the issue.
- When your QuickBooks application frequently stops responding or turns black, it’s due to the presence of the error.
- As discussed above, the most obvious sign of the error code H202 is when you are unable to switch from the QuickBooks single-user mode to the multi-user mode.
- If you notice that your Windows automatically shuts down due to damage to the computer device, it’s also an indication of the QuickBooks H202 error.
- The blurred screen is also one of the major signs of QB error H202.
- Unresponsiveness of your keyboard tabs and mouse clicks can also alert you about the error presence.
Methods to Perform and Troubleshoot QuickBooks H202 Error
Carefully read this section to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code H202. We have listed five easy methods to perform and get rid of this stubborn error that is hampering your productivity.
But, before this, make sure to create a backup of your company data file. During the troubleshooting procedures, your company data becomes vulnerable to loss and failure.
- First, move to the File menu and click the Backup data option.
- Select the location for your backup data. Either choose a Default location for default data backup or choose an Alternate location for external data backup.
- Click the Backup option and end the process by clicking the Finish button.
Troubleshooting Technique 1 – Verify the QuickBooks Services on your Host Computer
To work on QuickBooks without any interruption, your QuickBooks services must be free of any issues. You can verify this by performing the following steps:
- First of all, access your host computer by launching the Run Window. (Press Windows + R keys for this). In the Run Window, type “services.msc,” and enter the OK button.
- Now, you will get a Services window on your screen. Here, you are required to locate and select the version of your QuickBooks Desktop with the QuickBooksDBXX option.
- After this, ensure that your QuickBooks version’s Startup Type reflects the Automatic tab. Along with this, you need to check Service Status.
- Now, if the status is not displayed as Started or Running, you need to click the Start button and continue.
- In this step, click the Recovery button and select “Restart the Service” for the categories given below:
- First Failure
- Second Failure
- Subsequent Failure
- Continue to save all these changes by first clicking the Apply button, followed by hitting the OK button.
- After this, repeat the entire procedure for QBCFMonitorService. Continue to this and access all your QuickBooks workstations to turn ON the multi-user mode.
Troubleshooting Technique 2 – Repair the Network Problems with your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This troubleshooting technique will fix the errors related to your QuickBooks multi-user mode. Thus, you can avoid facing H202 error QuickBooks.
- Initiate this procedure by first downloading and installing the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from the official Intuit website.
- In the next step, you need to double-click the downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub file and begin with its installation.
- Now, the tool is ready to open. Open it and hit the Network Issues button, and continue to choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Here, you will get the Start Scan option. Click this option and browse the company file having issues by clicking the Browse tab.
- After this, let the tool scan your file for issues but make sure you don’t close the Window till the scanning is done successfully.
- Now, you are required to close and open your QuickBooks application. After this, try to switch to the multi-user mode. If the error is still disturbing, move to the next method.
Troubleshooting Technique 3 – Create a New QuickBooks Company File Folder
You can easily rectify the QuickBooks error code H202 by moving your QuickBooks company files to the new folder.
- To begin with this, you need first to make a new file folder on your server computer and place this folder in a location that is easy to access.
- In the next step, provide the required permissions to the new file folder to transfer the QuickBooks files.
- Now, press the CTRL + C keys to copy the company files, followed by pressing the CTRL + V keys to paste them into the new file folder.
- After this, try to open your QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
Still, the error is creating problems while switching to the multi-user mode. Try the next method.
Troubleshooting Technique 4 – By Adding Server IP Address to your Windows Host File
The missing server on your Windows Host file is also responsible for the QuickBooks H202 error. So, let’s continue fixing this root cause by performing the steps mentioned below:
- First, make sure to close all the opened QuickBooks Windows and then navigate to the path C:\ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ Etc or C:\ Windows \ Syswow64 \ Drivers \ Etc on the QuickBooks server.
- In the next step, double-click the host file after being prompted for a program and open Notepad.
- In the Notepad, manually type the IP address along with your Computer’s name for the server. Make sure to use the Tab key on your keyboard rather than using the Spacebar to separate the IP address and the name of your Computer.
- After this, try to launch your QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode to verify whether the QuickBooks error H202 has been rectified or not.
Troubleshooting Technique 5 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Eliminate Error H202
The effective and free QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is enough to resolve issues with your company files. When these internal issues get resolved, you can avoid facing error H202 in your QuickBooks software.
- Initiate fixing the issue with File Doctor Tool by first opening it and choosing the Company File Issues option from the File menu.
- Now, click the Company file having issues, and if you can’t find it, click the Browse button to find it.
- Choose the file from the list of files and hit the Continue button.
- Finally, enter the necessary admin credentials, including Username and password, in the given space.
- Hit the Next option, and you’re done with the procedure.
Hopefully, after performing the solutions mentioned above, you have rectified QuickBooks error H202. But, if nothing helps and you are unable to resolve this issue, call our professional QuickBooks team at +1-844-508-2335 or reach out to us via Live Chat Support. Our technicians will help you professionally and assist you with instant resolution strategies. Connect with us, resolve this error successfully, and return to your work with QuickBooks multi-user mode.