Have you ever been stuck in such a situation when Quicken Has stopped working? Are you unable to proceed with your ongoing business operations? Most often, the users might reported this error while trying to open the Quicken application. Consequently, this error might put the entire work at a halt and thus disrupts overall productivity.
However, it is crucial to fix the Quicken not responding error asap using the correct troubleshooting methods. So, don’t waste much time and get your issue resolved by thoroughly reading this post.
Struggling with the Quicken has stopped working issue and unable to fix it? Call us at @ +1-844-508-2335 and get useful tips from our highly-experienced experts to overcome the issue.
Prominent Factors That Triggers Quicken Not Responding Error
Often, the users might get frustrated when they come across Quicken Not Responding errors while performing the accounting task. So, it is essential for the users to know why does this error continuously flashing on the screen. Therefore, to make you aware of all the factors, we have listed some of them below.
- The problem with the installation of Quicken software is the major cause behind the occurrence of the error.
- There might be a possibility that the data file name contains the characters that actually required.
- Sometimes, it may trigger due to the damaged Windows operating system.
- In other instances, it may evoke because of the damaged or corrupt sectors present on the hard drive.
- Another cause may be the poor internet connection which might stop the users from accessing Quicken software.
Pre-Requisites You Must Know Before Implementing Troubleshooting Methods
Here, we have listed some of the important tips you must consider to resolve the Quicken has stopped working error seamlessly.
- The very first thing you must know is to generate the backup company file to safeguard the data from any unauthorized access.
- Also, verify that the Quicken software is compatible with your Windows operating system.
- Confirm that you are getting a smooth and uninterrupted internet access.
- Moreover, make sure to install the latest updates of both Windows and Quicken software.
- Try to relaunch your computer before you apply any troubleshooting method.
Apply These Top 5 Methods to Quicken Not Working Error Instantly
In this blog section, we have discussed about all the tried and tested solutions to overcome the Quicken Not Working Error. Ensure that you perform the steps in the same chronological way as prescribed below to avoid any further discrepancies.
1st Resolution Method: Fix the Compatibility Issues
At times, the compatibility issues between the Windows and Quicken software are one of the reasons that might evoke Quicken has stopped working issue.
- Firstly, go to the desktop, right-click on the Quicken icon, and hit the Properties option to go further.
- Afterwards, navigate to the Compatibility section and select the checkbox of “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
- In the next step, pick Windows Vista from the list of options available.
- Thereon, hit the Apply button followed by OK to save the changes required.
- At last, try to open the Quicken software and confirm whether the issue is resolved or not.
2nd Resolution Method: Fix the Damage in Microsoft .NETFramework
- Every time you launch the Quicken application, you may receive the message for installation .NET Framework.
- Moreover, you are supposed to download the latest version of .NET Framework.
- Confirm that you have installed the most recently launched version of .NET Framework according to your operating system. For instance, if you have a 32-bit operating system, then you must install the 32-bit .NET Framework.
- In the next step, you must run the .exe file to install Quicken seamlessly on your device.
- Furthermore, you also have to update Quicken to the latest version that will install .NET Framework automatically.
3rd Resolution Method: Give Enough Permissions To Utilize Quicken
There might be certain instances when the users have lack of administrative rights to operate Quicken. So, to resolve the issue, it is necessary to assign permissions to run Quicken smoothly by performing the step illustrated below.
For Windows 8/10 Users
- First of all, move to File Explorer and then choose the “This PC” option.
- Afterwards, hover your cursor over the Local Disk ( C) : >> Program Files.
- Now, you must look for the Quicken folder and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, navigate to Properties > Security > Advanced > Change Permissions.
- In the end, you must set the type to give Full Control.
For Windows 7 Users
- In the beginning, launch the File Explorer and then hit on “This PC” option.
- You are supposed to tap on the Local Disc ( C) and press the Program Files option.
- In the next step, look for the Quicken folder and right-click on it.
- You must hover your cursor over the Properties > Security > Advanced > Administrator > Edit menu.
- Thereon, you must proceed towards the Continue option followed by the Administrator option.
- At last, choose the Edit menu > Continue > Full Control > OK. Then try to run the Quicken application.
4th Resolution Method:- Uninstall and then Reinstall Quicken Application
Reinstalling the Quicken application will refresh it, and it will resolve all the issues that exist in it. Before you conduct the reinstallation process, it is essential to first remove the previous version of the application from your device.
Steps to Uninstall the Quicken Software
- For the Windows 10/8 users, you must launch the Run window on your device.
- In the next step, you must include “Control Panel” into the search panel and hit the OK button to move on.
- With this, it will redirect you to the Control Panel window. Herein, you have to move to the Programs option, followed by Programs and Features.
- Thereon, pick Quicken from the list of options and hover your cursor over the Uninstall option.
- Finally, hit the Yes button to give the confirmation and go through the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
Steps to Reinstall Quicken Application
- In the first step, reach the official website of Quicken using your preferred web browser.
- After this, login to your Quicken account using the correct login credentials.
- Once you reach the installation wizard, choose the Let’s Go option.
- Proceed further by tapping on the Install Now tab and then hitting the Done option.
- Once again, you must add the Quicken ID and password into the respected text field.
- Ultimately, accomplish the process by hitting the instructions that are presented on the screen.
5th Resolution Method:- Try To Associate With Old Quicken
For the Windows 8/10 Users
- Begin the process by launching the File Explorer and hit the click on the “This PC” option.
- In the next step, navigate to the Local Disc ( C) drive and then move further.
- Move further to the Program Files option and look for the Quicken folder.
- Thereon, tap on the folder and hit the file named QW.exe twice from the list of options available.
For the Windows 7 Users
- To start the process, hit the Windows icon and pick the Computer option.
- Afterwards, move to the Local Disc ( C) and then move further.
- In the next step, navigate to the Program files and then locate the Quicken folder.
- Now, tap on the Quicken folder and double-tap on the QW.exe file.
Long Story Short!!
We hope that now you have got an answer to the query on how to resolve Quicken has stopped working error using the steps outlined in this post. However, if you still get stuck while performing these troubleshooting methods, you can get the issue resolved by our Quicken experts. They will assist you with some useful tips to figure it out.
Also Read –