Your QuickBooks Admin password allows you to control most of the settings and functions of your accounting software. If you cannot remember the password you will find it difficult to use QuickBooks properly. This blog will give you a general overview of what you can do to recover your QuickBooks administrator password. If you find that your password does not work because of a security issue you can call the QuickBooks customer support number and speak to an expert to clear your doubts.
Steps to Recover QuickBooks Admin Password
The best way and most efficient way to recover your QuickBooks Admin password are to use the Automated Password Reset Tool. The exact steps you need to follow to use the password tool may differ depending on the QuickBooks Desktop version you use to open your QuickBooks company file. Here are some general steps you will need to follow to recover your QuickBooks password using the tool:
- Open your web browser, go to the official QuickBooks page and then download the automated password tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go through the options and select your version of QuickBooks Desktop and make sure that the version you used to open your file is installed on your PC.
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number and2 other related business info that you entered when you registered QuickBooks and then press ‘Next.’
- If you see an error that states “The details you’ve provided didn’t match” then you can call the QuickBooks customer care number and ask for help.
- Read and accept the license agreement and then select ‘Download now’ to start the download process for the Automated Password Reset tool.
- Run the Automated Password Reset tool and then enter the token number that was sent to your registered email address.
- Select the QuickBooks version and the company file you want to reset the password for. Be sure to enter the correct Company File Admin User Name.
- Enter your New Password and retype it to confirm. Once you are done you can select ‘Reset Password’ to complete the process.
When you complete the entire process you can restart your computer and then try to log in to your QuickBooks company file using the new password you just set. In case you encounter an error while logging in, or if you find that you could not complete the steps mentioned above you can call the QuickBooks customer service number and ask for help. Qualified QuickBooks experts and technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you recover your administrator password so that you can carry on using QuickBooks without any problem.
1. How to Restore QuickBooks Company File from a Local Backup