Intuit develops QuickBooks File Doctor to tackle the common QuickBooks company file data damage and network-related issues. Moreover, this tool also helps the users to handle the 600 series of error that pops up while running the QuickBooks application in multi-user mode. This tool is a blend of two different tools namely the Network Diagnostic tool and the Company File Diagnostic tool.
However, if you are searching for the proper procedure to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, go through this entire post. You will grab all the essential information to run this tool to overcome the issues easily.
Are you looking for the best way to utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool? Give us a call at @+1-844-508-2335 and connect with our experts to get instant help related to your queries.
Instances When You Can Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is a wonderful tool that is utilized to deal with numerous accounting errors. Here is the list of errors you can easily tackle using this tool.
- It helps to eliminate the 6000 series of errors such as Error 6150, Error 6000 82, 6000 305, 6000 301, etc.
- Also, it helps in troubleshooting multi-user mode errors like QuickBooks Error H202, H505, H303, etc.
- Damaged Windows Registry errors
- Data corruption errors
- Issues related to installation
- Network-Related Problems
- Facing issues if the user has a blank or missing Customer or Vendor List in QuickBooks.
- Corrupted or damaged company files.
- Malware attack hard drive
- QuickBooks Update Error Codes
- Multi-User mode firewall errors.
What are the different types of QuickBooks File Doctor?
There are two different types of QuickBooks File Doctor which are as follows:
- In Built-Version:-
The stand-alone version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is mainly. Moreover, it only comes built-in with the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or the later versions. Therefore, keeping your QuickBooks application to the latest release has been suggested.
- Stand-Alone Version:-
It works best with the QuickBooks File Doctor 2015 edition and is mainly utilized for hosting servers, connectivity, and network-related issues. But the user can only access this version if they have activated the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Pre-Requisites Required Before Utilizing QuickBooks Tool Hub File Doctor
Before using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, it is necessary that you must know a few things.
- The users must have a proper administrator to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Verify that you have installed the single version of QuickBooks on your computer device.
- Only Windows users can access the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
- Check that you are linked with a stable and high-speed internet network connection.
- Make sure that you have upgraded QuickBooks to the newly launched version.
- Above all of this, you must require a certain file size limit which is 1.5 GB to install the tool properly.
Simple Procedure to Download QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
Before you download QuickBooks File Doctor on your device, getting the QuickBooks Tool Hub is a must. For this, you must go through the instructions given below closely.
Stage 1: Download and Install the Latest Version of QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop solution that comprises of different tools to fix accounting issues.
- Begin the process by downloading the recently launched version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e, (184.108.40.206).
- After this, save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location. You can either store it in your Downloads folder or on your Windows Desktop.
- Note: if you already have the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your device, then verify which version you are accessing. For this, go to the Home tab, and you will get the version listed at the bottom of the page.
- You must launch the downloaded setup file by double-tapping on QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Furthermore, go through the instructions given on the screen and give consent to the License Agreement.
- Once the installation ends, double-tap on the Windows Desktop to launch the Tool Hub on your device.
Stage 2: Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor To Fix the Issues
- Once you have successfully downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it on your device.
- After this, hover your cursor towards the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tab. You must wait until the tool is repairing the issues.
- You are supposed to choose the company file by clicking on the drop-down menu. If the file isn’t visible to you, opt for the Browse and Search option to locate your file.
- Following this, choose the Check Your File option and then click Continue to proceed.
- At last, add the QuickBooks Admin password accurately and hit the Next button.
- The scanning process will entirely depend upon your file size, and it might take up to 10-15 minutes to wind up the process. Once the scanning process is over, launch QuickBooks and then your data files.
Steps to Download the QuickBooks File Doctor From Its Official Website
There is yet another way to get the QuickBooks File Doctor download i.e from the Intuit’s official website. For this, you must follow the steps given below attentively.
- Primarily, download the QuickBooks File Doctor on your device.
- After this, save the file named QBFD.exe to the place where it is easily accessible.
- On the downloaded setup file to initiate the installation process.
- Go through the instructions displayed on the screen to accomplish the installation process.
- After the successful installation, tap on the file to open it.
- Now, you can utilize this tool to fix the QuickBooks company file issues.
Stepwise Instructions to Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Stand-Alone Version
Here, we have stated the proper instructions to use the stand-alone version of the QBFD tool.
- Ensure you have installed the newly launched version of the QuickBooks doctor tool.
- You may also get the tool download from Intuit’s official website. If you have installed the QB File Doctor Tool already, hit the Run button to move further.
- Now, double-tap on the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool icon. Later on, continue with the installation process by following the on-screen prompts.
- If the tool is still not open on your device, use the Windows Taskbar to open it.
- Next, you must select the browse option and search for the damaged company file. Then, you must start the QuickBooks File Diagnostics to resolve the errors.
- Consequently, you will obtain two options on the File Doctor window. You are supposed to pick the appropriate option, which is as follows;
- If you experience the 6000 series of errors or the company file is damaged, you must go with the first option.
- On the other hand, if you are encountering network issues, it’s best to opt for the second option.
- Following this, you must add the correct Company File Admin password within the respected text field and hit the Next button.
- Furthermore, pick any one of the following options to continue with the repair process.
- Workstation Option:- You must go for this option if you want to fix the issues related to the company file.
- Server Option:- The users must choose this option when the company file placed on the client system can’t be accessed properly.
- After this, tap Yes if you are working on the QuickBooks server/host. Otherwise, hit the No option while working on the QuickBooks workstation.
- Eventually, the QuickBooks Doctor Tool will immediately repair the data files.
- You are supposed to wait until the tool repairs or fixes the bug. The time taken to repair the error will depend upon the data file size, network speed, and the complexity of the error.
- At the end of the process, you must pick the Close File Doctor Tool.
So, here we arrived at the end of this post and hope you can now easily utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix the company file and other issues. However, if you are still struggling while fixing the error have a one-to-one consultation with our QuickBooks Support professionals through the live chat facility.
Read Also- QuickBooks Error H202