Many times, the users might confront QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error while shifting the data file from one system to another. In other instances, it may occur when there are some issues with the QuickBooks Migrator Tool.
Whenever the error pops up you won’t be able to transfer the file to another device. As a result, it might lead to delays in the ongoing work and hampers the overall work. Therefore, it is essential to tackle the error asap using the correct resolution methods. Read this post carefully to gain information regarding how to fix the issue with ease.
Wondering how to tackle the QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly error? Worry Not!! Dial @ +1-844-508-2335 and have a conversation with our experts to get your issue resolved instantly.
Factors Responsible For the QuickBooks Migration Failed Error
Usually, the users might end up with the QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly error while accessing the Migrator tool. Apart from this, there are numerous other factors that are responsible for this error. We have elaborate on all of them below, have a look at them.
- The QuickBooks Desktop version you are operating to migrate the data is of obsolete version.
- Not operating the QuickBooks Migrator Tool of the newly launched version.
- Sometimes, it might evoke when the antivirus software or other malicious infections is hampering the QuickBooks migration process.
- In other instances, it may trigger due to the damaged company file folders.
Effective Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error
Dealing with annoying QuickBooks errors such as QuickBooks Migration failed error is not an easy task. But, you can get rid of such issues easily after knowing the proper steps to rectify the error. So, to give proper details regarding the resolution methods, check the pointers given below.
Solution 1: Shift the QuickBooks Data File To a New Computer
Implement the instructions below to move the QuickBooks Desktop data to the new computer.
- To commence with, install the upgraded version of the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- Thereafter, you must establish a backup of your old QuickBooks Desktop data.
- Now, you are supposed to copy the particular backup on your new device.
- In the new system, Migrate the QuickBooks Company File to a new computer.
- Next, launch the QuickBooks application and restore the specific data file. Later on, act according to the instructions shown on-screen to wind up the restoration process.
Solution 2: Move the Entire QuickBooks Data Folder
At times, users might come across this error when they haven’t transferred the entire folder on their new PC. therefore, to verify whether you have shifted the entire folder, implement the steps below carefully.
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device. Then, look for your company file.
- You must press the F2 key from your keyboard to open the Product Information window in front of you.
- Afterwards, move to the Start menu and click on File Explorer to launch it on your device.
- Now, you have to access the given company file folder.
- After finding the appropriate folder, right-click on it to choose the Copy option.
- Conclude the process by pasting the particular file with the required location.
Solution 3: Configuration of the Program Files
- Primarily, you must utilize the Admin Windows account to sign in to the Windows operating system.
- Thereafter, go to the Control Panel and select the highlighted Programs and Features option.
- In the first stage, you must access the Admin Windows account to log in to the Windows operating system.
- After this, launch the Control Panel and opt for Programs and Features or the App option.
- Following this, navigate to the QuickBooks Migrator Tool from the available lists of options.
- Furthermore, hover your cursor over the Uninstall/Change option > Repair option.
- Afterward, go through the instructions on the screen to end the repair process.
Solution 4: Ensure You Are Operating the Upgraded Version of the Windows operating system
Sometimes, accessing the obsolete version of the Windows operating system might result in a QuickBooks Migration error. Therefore, to fix the issue, examine that you are using the upgraded version.
- Press the Windows key from your keyboard and go to the Settings menu.
- After this, you must look for the Windows Update from the search results and then click on it.
- Furthermore, access the QuickBooks Desktop and initiate the migration process after completing the Windows Update process.
Solution 5: Utilize the Intuit Data Protect Plan
The users can easily establish the backup company file using the Intuit Protect Plan. Further, go through the instructions below to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, you are supposed to establish a backup file of your QuickBooks company file.
- After this, you have to sign in to Intuit Data Protect on your new system.
- Navigate to the File menu within the QuickBooks application itself.
- Following this, choose the Backup Company option from the next screen. Later on, opt for the Set-Up or Activate Online Backup option.
- Next, you must pick the QuickBooks data file and hit the Continue option to proceed further.
- Tick mark the checkbox beside the Backup Local Selected Documents. Further, tap on the Continue option to establish the backup file.
We hope that the information conveyed through this post is beneficial for you to handle the QuickBooks Migration failed Unexpectedly error. However, if you are still not able to fix the issue, reach out to our professionals using the live chat facility.