If you are facing the QuickBooks error 6177, 0 in desktop version, and are looking for solutions to help terminate the error, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will cover the solutions you can easily execute step-by-step to eliminate the error.
“Save your time by speaking live with a QuickBooks expert to get quick assistance in eliminating error code -6177, 0. Place your call now at 1(844) 508-2335”
Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6177, 0
The several reasons why a user may encounter QuickBooks error code -6177, 0 are as follows;
- QuickBooks desktop must use the correct path/ location to access the company file.
- Corrupted downloaded files or incomplete installation can lead to QuickBooks error -6177, 0.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks desktop or a weak internet connection can also lead to errors.
- Malware or virus has damaged the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Firewall settings block the QuickBooks desktop software from connecting with the server and working smoothly.
You, can also read – Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Methods of QuickBooks Error 6177, 0
As there can be multiple reasons you may encounter the issue, we will only be able to list a single solution that will work in some circumstances. Therefore, below are going to cover the tested solutions that you can execute step-by-step to eliminate QuickBooks error code -6177, 0;
Solution 1. Transferring the Company File to Hard Drive
- Firstly, move the company file from the server to the C drive.
- After that, launch the company file on the QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereon, create a portable file, and save it to the local C drive.
- Moving ahead, close the QuickBooks company’s file.
- Followed by the above steps, restore the portable file from the C drive and then save it to the server.
- At last, end this process by collecting your company file and opening it on the same server.
Once you are done with this method, check whether the QuickBooks error code -6177, 0 has been eliminated. In case, the error code 6177 still exists, then try the next solution.
Also Read – Resolve Quicken Script Error
Solution 2. Manually Fix The File Path
- Launch the windows file explorer on your device by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
- After that, navigate to the QuickBooks folder and search for the network data file. You may find this file by searching for an extension ending with “.nd.”
- Thereon, do a right click on the ND file, and select the “Delete” option.
- Followed by the above steps, launch the QuickBooks database server manager on your device. (Note: Users can freely download this tool from the official website of QuickBooks products.)
- You must select the QuickBooks folder, which includes the company file, and click on the “Start Scan” button.
- As the scanning process ends, click on the “Close” option, and permit the folder permissions to share company files.
- You must enable and disable hosting if the application is already installed on the server.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error 102
Solution 3. Download New Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
The next solution we recommend you implement to eliminate QuickBooks error code 6177 is updating the QuickBooks desktop accounting software to the latest release.
An older version of QuickBooks may include various small bugs which can lead to various technical issues/ errors prompting the error. Updating the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release will fix these bugs and help users use the software smoothly.
Solution 4. Reset Multi-user Hosting
Given below are the steps that you can follow to reset the multi-user hosting feature on your QuickBooks account;
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop on your server computer.
- Thereon, click on the “File” menu option available at the top left side of the screen.
- As the drop-down menu list appears on the screen, click on the “Utilities” option.
- Now, select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access” option, and click on the “Yes” option.
- Followed by the above steps, again go to the “File” menu, and select the “Close Company” option.
- This feature will automatically reset all of your hosting settings.
- Thereon, again launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your device, and navigate to the “File” > “Utilities” tab option.
- Select the “Host Multi-user Access” option, and confirm it by clicking on the “Yes” option.
- At last, end this process by navigating to the file menu option and selecting the “Quit QuickBooks” option.
In this post, we have mentioned several methods you can execute to eliminate QuickBooks error 6177. However, if you still need help with this error, you can connect with QuickBooks experts through the chat box or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts are available 24/7 around the clock to provide the best possible assistance in using the QuickBooks software smoothly and hassle-free.