The problem of TurboTax transmission Not available error occurs when your tax return doesn’t process even after clicking on the ‘Transmit Returns Now’ button. Although this is a technical issue related to your system or perhaps your internet connection, it requires immediate attention if you want to e-file the tax return in a hassle-free manner.
- If you don’t enter on the link of ‘Transmit Returns Now,’ then you won’t face a transmission problem which eventually will not let you file your tax return. If this is the case a TurboTax executive will be able to help you.
- You may have a transmission problem when your tax return status is rejected and pending. It can be because of the IRS and Electronic Filing Center.
If you want to fix the transmission issues you can refer to the instructions given below. If you need any other assistance, the skilled people of the TurboTax customer support will be happy to answer any query you may have.
Steps to Fix TurboTax Transmission Not Available Issues
Using Wireless Connection
It would be best if you e-file returns using a wired broadband connection. If you are not able to connect, open your browser tab or window, and go to a site you haven’t launched before.
- If you cannot access the site, you will need to restart your wireless router.
- You can also try turning off your system, the router, and the modem, respectively. Wait for a while and start your modem. After some time you can turn on your router, and then, later on, you can turn on the computer.
Reset Your Modem and Router
You can also try and reset your modem and router. Resetting your devices often fixes issues if the program freezes during e-filing. Here’s how to reset:
- Shut down your system completely. You will also need to shut down any device connected to the modem.
- Disconnect or power off your modem or the router.
- Wait for half a minute or so and allow the device to cycle down.
- Now you can connect to or start the modem. Wait until you see the ‘online’ or ‘ready’ indicator flashing.
- Once the modem is set, you can turn on the router if you need to. Wait until the lights indicate that the system is powered up and the network connection is identified.
- Restart your device. Once you are back online, re-launch your TurboTax program and try the e-filing process again.
If you are still facing problems with the program, follow the steps given below:
- Network Connection: First of all, have a look at the related information below to check if the error is listed there. You can also double-check your network connection and see that you can go to other websites through the browser.
- TurboTax Online: Make sure you are using an updated version of your browser. You may also try to sign in and e-file using a different web browser. It will also help if you delete cookies and search history of your browser.
- TurboTax Software: Close the background applications except for TurboTax. Accelerators, virus protection, and other programs functioning in the background can slow down your system. In the case of a Windows system, you can try e-filing your tax return using the Selective Startup Mode.
If these troubleshooting steps didn’t solve the issue, you should communicate with an expert. You can contact TurboTax customer support by dialing the helpline number available on their website.