QuickBooks error 1722 is a common technical glitch in the software that majorly occurs when the user tries to download new updates of QuickBooks payroll. Like other windows applications, the QuickBooks desktop application also needs additional Microsoft components to work properly.
If any of the internal Microsoft components are damaged or outdated, it can lead to QuickBooks error 1722 on your workstation. If you are also frustrated by facing the QuickBooks error code 1722 while working on the software, then you can read this easy-to-do guide until the end and get the issue resolved.
“Get instant solution in eliminating QuickBooks error 1722 by speaking live with our QuickBooks experts Helpline via call at +1-844-508-2335.”
Which Factors Triggers QuickBooks Error 1722?
Given below is the list of common reasons due to why a user may encounter error code 1722 in QuickBooks;
- Outdated or damaged Microsoft .Net framework is the most common reason due to why the error arises.
- QuickBooks company files or important documents have been deleted mistakenly from your workstation.
- Damaged windows registry files.
- Outdated windows components such as MSMXL and C++.
- If a virus has infected your PC, it can lead to technical glitches, such as QuickBooks error 1722.
- If the QuickBooks installation files are not downloaded properly on your device, it can also lead to QuickBooks error 1722.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1926
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1722?
After having a clear understanding of the possible reasons due to why the error arises, let’s take a look at the list of solutions that you can easily perform step-by-step to eliminate QuickBooks error 1722;
Solution 1. Fix System Registry Issues
- Firstly, you have to run the complete scanning of your device.
- Thereon, run “Disk Clean up” on your PC. This will delete all the temporary files and folders from your device.
- Now, update the PC “Device Drivers.”
- Delete and re-install the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Afterward, you must run the “Windows System File Checker” on your hosting workstation.
- Then, update the PC’s windows to the latest version, and perform a clean installation of windows.
- At last, end this procedure by performing a system reboot.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale XML Errors
Solution 2. Restore Your PC to the Older Version
- At first, you have to move towards the windows start menu on your device, and then type “System Restore” in the search bar.
- Hit the enter button, and the system restores window will open on your device.
- Here, you have to click on the “System Protection” tab, followed by a click on the “System Restore” option.
- Next, provide the administration login credentials, i.e., user id and login password.
- After that, a wizard window will open on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then choose the restore point per your preferences.
- Thereon, restore your computer to the older version, followed by performing a deep restart of your PC.
Once you are done with the above steps, launch the QuickBooks software on your device, and check whether the QuickBooks error code 1722 has been eliminated.
Solution 3. Use Windows File Checker
- Move towards the windows start menu, and type “Command” in the search bar.
- Press and hold the “Ctrl + Shift” keys together, and then hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- Moving ahead, a permission dialog box will be open on your device.
- Now, click on the “Yes” option, and then a black box with a blinking cursor will open on your device.
- Here, you must type “sfc/ scannow” and press the enter button.
- Now, the windows file checker will start searching for the QuickBooks error 1722 and other system-related files. Depending on the file size and system performance speed, this process will take a little longer.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to end the process.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Solution 4. Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you have to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub (22.214.171.124) on your device.
- Launch the QuickBooks tool hub software on your PC.
- Thereon, select the “Installation Issues” tab, which is available on the left side panel of your screen.
- Moving ahead, you must click on the “Install Diagnostic Tool” option, and the repairing process will start on your device.
- As the repairing process ends on your workstation, close all the active applications on your device, and reboot your PC.
Solution 5. Download New Windows Update
If you are using an outdated version of the Windows operating system on your workstation, then it can slow down the performance speed of your PC and can lead to various technical glitches.
- Open the windows run command on your device by pressing “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, type “Windows Update” in the search bar, and click the “OK” option.
- Now, the windows update screen will be open on your PC screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- If new windows updates are available for your device, click the “Download” option.
- As the downloading process of the new windows update ends on your PC, perform a system reboot your device.
- Rebooting the device will automatically install the new updates on your PC.
Once the process ends, launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your device, and check whether the QuickBooks error code 1722 has been fixed.
Solution 6. Run the System in Selective Startup Mode
Restarting the PC in the selective startup mode can help you to fix various technical issues with the QuickBooks desktop software. Given below are the steps that you can follow to run the system in the selective startup mode;
- First of all, launch the windows run command on your workstation.
- Thereon, type “MSConfig” in the search bar, and click on the “OK” option.
- Followed by the above steps, you have to move towards the “General” tab and then select the “Selective Startup” option.
- You must ensure to uncheck the “load startup items” option.
- Next, click on the “OK” option, and if asked, you must choose the “Restart” option.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
You have to end this process by re-installing the QuickBooks desktop application on your device. Once you have re-installed your device’s software, you have to switch back to the normal run mode. Given below are the steps that you can carry out to do so;
- Again move towards the MSConfig settings on your workstation.
- Here, you have to select the “Normal Startup” option and then click on the “Apply”> “OK” option.
- At last, perform a restart of your device to end this process.
We hope the above-listed solutions have helped you fix QuickBooks error 1722. In a scenario, if the methods do not work for you, and the error still persists, then you can avail an instant help from our team by mailing your query at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Gotaxation experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to understand your query and assisting you with the best possible solution to get the issue resolved without any hassle.