QuickBooks multi-user mode is an inbuilt feature that allows users to work on multiple company files simultaneously. Users require a valid QuickBooks subscription to access the multi-user mode feature in their device.
But, at times, users might end up with QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue while working in a multi-user environment. It might occur while launching the company file on the server computer. However, there are multiple other reasons that might evoke this issue. So, we have discussed all such reasons in the further section of this article.
Confused about how to resolve QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue? Well, in that scenario, you must connect with our experts team by dialing @ +1-844-508-2335 and resolve all your issues.
Reasons Why Users Are Unable to Run QuickBooks in Multi-user Mode
Misconfiguration of the network settings could result in QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. Apart from this, numerous other reasons might result in this error. Below we have discussed a few of them; have a look at them.
- Sometimes, it may occur if QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server computer properly.
- Inappropriate hosting settings on QuickBooks Desktop may also be responsible.
- In other instances, it may appear when the DNS Settings are either corrupt or incorrect.
- There is a possibility that Firewall or the antivirus software is obstructing QB from communicating with the user computers.
- Incorrect setting of the Windows File permissions may also be one reason for this error.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 12031
Simple Solutions to Rectify Unable to Run QuickBooks in Multi- User Mode Error
Now that you have all the facts regarding the reasons why you end up with QuickBooks multi-user mode not working, you can fix the issue by addressing the above reasons accurately. Down below, we have provided you with detailed troubleshooting.
First Resolution Method: Repair The Settings of the Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is one such component of Windows if it’s not repaired properly, the users might interrupt every single activity on Windows. Go through the stepwise instructions given below closely and re-configure Windows settings so that QuickBooks can easily run in multi-user mode.
- In the initial stage, launch the Control Panel using the Start menu.
- After that, look for the Windows Firewall and press the Enter key to proceed further.
- Following this, hover your cursor over the Allow an app through the Windows Firewall option.
- Then, tap the Change Settings option and select the box beneath the Public List for the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Thereafter, click on OK and choose Public for the application.
- Finally, try to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode again and determine whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read – How to Fix Query Processing Error in QuickBooks
Second Resolution Method: Give a New Name to The “.TLG” and “.ND” files
Network Data (.ND) and Transaction Log File (.TLG) are configuration files that let QuickBooks open the company file in a network or multi-user mode. Slight damage in these files might create issues while accessing the data file in QuickBooks. Thus, the users might result in QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. Therefore, to overcome the issue, try to change the name of these by applying the instructions below.
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks company file and hit the F2 key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will take you to the Product Information window.
- In the following window, you will get the location of your QuickBooks company file beneath the File Information. Moreover, you will also get .TLG and .Nd files within the same folder.
- Now, right-click on the .ND and .TLG files one after the other and hit the Rename option.
- You have to add .OLD at the end of both these configuration files.
- Once done, save the changes made and try to access the company file in multi-user mode to find out if you are still receiving the error.
Third Resolution Method: Utilize QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Initially, get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After successfully saving the downloaded file to an easily accessible location, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe by double-clicking.
- Afterward, carefully go through the Terms and Conditions of using the Tool Hub to install it properly.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub once installed on your device.
- From there, choose the Network Issues tab and then QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After this, begin the scan of your company file if it is already open on your device. Otherwise, you may browse the file from the location and then hit the Start Scan option.
- Finally, hit the OK button and opt for the Start Scan option.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6069
Fourth Resolution Method: Examine the Services Running On Your Server
- Firstly, press the Windows key, and type Run to bring up the Run Window on your computer screen.
- After this, input “services.msc” within the search column and tap on OK button to proceed further.
- From the lists of all the available services, double-tap on the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Thereafter, from the Startup Type, set it to Automatic. Here, you must ensure that the service set is already set to either “Running” or “Started”.
- Move to the Recovery tab and select the Restart the Service option from the drop-down menu list.
- Ensure you have marked the checkbox next to First failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
- Then, hit the apply button and OK to restore the changes made.
- Finally, you are supposed to re-continue the exact steps for QBCFMonitorService.
We hope that this post has provided you with all the relevant facts required to eliminate QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. If you cannot work in the multi-user environment in QB, you may take help from our GoTaxation professionals via live chat.