In case you are a QuickBooks user who has forgotten his Admin password, you must be worried, right? Don’t worry; this blog is just made for you. Here we have provided different methods that you can follow to Recover your QuickBooks Admin password, along with a few points that you must consider to generate a strong password. So, keep reading the blog to know more about it.
Got stuck while recovering the QuickBooks Admin Password? Ring +1-844-508-2335 and let the QuickBooks Expert do your work.
Password-related Facts QuickBooks User Must Remember
Check this section of the blog to find a few of the best pointers that can help you in generating a strong password.
- The Password should be a complex word that can’t be guessed easily.
- Make Sure to enter both capital and small letters.
- The Password must have different symbols and numbers.
- Never use your Date of Birth, Nickname, or loved one name as a password.
- The Password must function properly
- Avoid using the Password.
- Check the Caps lock condition while entering the Password.
- Reset the Password on a regular intervals.
- Never save your Password when you are login to someone else device.
What are the Details a Person Should know to Recover QuickBooks Admin Password?
Now that you are aware of the facts that can help you in creating a strong password let’s tell you about a few prerequisites that you have to complete for the identity authentication for QuickBooks Accounting.
- You have to provide a QuickBooks 15-digit license Number.
- Apart from that, you must need to have a Zip Code registered with QuickBooks.
- You may also have to provide an alternate email id or phone number.
- Moreover, the user must have a registered contact number closer to him while trying to recover the Password.
- The full name of the authorized person should be known to the user as well.
- While recovering the Password, the details the user enters should be the same as the detail mentioned on Intuit’s official website.
What is the Initial Process to Start the Resetting Process?
You first have to decide which Password you want to reset, Admin password or User password.
Condition to Recover the QuickBooks Admin Password
- While sign-in, if you have entered the Password only.
- If your Username is displayed on the screen as Admin.
Conditions to change the User Password
In case you are not the Admin, then the QuickBooks Admin of your Account has all the rights to recover your Password for you. Thus contact the Admin and ask for help.
What is the Procedure to Recover Password for QuickBooks Desktop Administrator?
In case you want to reset your Admin password, then you have to confirm the overall information as a security step. However, if you don’t remember the information, then you can follow the steps provided below to find it.
For QuickBooks 2020 and 2021 users
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks Desktop Login Window.
- Thereafter select the I Forgot my Password button.
- Now, click on an email from the drop-down menu, and hit Next.
- Here you will get a free token on your Email to reset the QuickBooks Password of Admin.
- Enter that token in the required box and hit enter.
Note: The Token email will be present in the Spam folder.
- If you can’t find the email address option, then select the Don’t see your Email in the Above List tab. And follow the on-screen prompt.
For the QuickBooks 2019 or Older Version Users
- To begin the process, open the QuickBooks Desktop Login Window.
- Now, choose The I Forgot my password button.
- Thereafter, provide the required information on the form.
- Enter the License Number of the QuickBooks Desktop Version you are using.
Note: If you don’t know your license number, you have to press F@ from the login Window to get the license number.
- Other than that, you also have to provide the name, phone number, email address, and ZIP code that you receive at the time you purchase the Subscription.
Important: All these pieces of information are available at the Customer Account Management portal as well.
- Moving ahead, hit on Ok, and check if the information you have provided is correct or not.
- Now check your CAMPS, enter it, and let QuickBooks guide you in creating a new password.
Once you know the exact steps to reset the admin password, you can move ahead and learn about the steps to recover the QuickBooks user Password.
What is the Step to Recover the Lost QuickBooks User Password?
In case you want to recover your Lost QuickBooks User password, simply check out the instructions given below:
- Launch QuickBooks at first and sign in as the Admin user.
- Thereafter, head to the Company and select the “Set Up Users and Passwords” section.
- Moving ahead, choose Set up Users and enter the Admin password as well.
- Next, from the User List, select the user that wants to make changes to the Password.
- Now, select the Edit User list, and hit on the Next tab twice.
- Finally, select the Finish button.
In case the above method doesn’t help in recovering the QuickBooks User Password, check the following procedure:
- At the start of the process, you have to double-click on the information that you have provided.
- After that, look for any typing problems, and match information with what’s in the CAMPS.
- In case the problem is still not fixed, try resetting the Password using the Automated Password Reset Tool.
How can I use the Automated Password Reset Tool to reset my QuickBooks Password?
Suppose you tried recovering your QuickBooks password but can’t do it manually; try to do so with the help of Automated Password Reset.
- Firstly, go to Inuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.
- Now head to the System’s Download Folder, and look for the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery utility tool.
- Once you have found it, double-click on it.
- Next, tap on the Browse button and select the Company file, which is locked.
- Hit on the Next button, and Sign in to the email account that is connected with QuickBooks.
- You will receive a Security Code from Intuit’s end.
- Enter that security code in the password reset section and create a for the QuickBooks Company file; hit the Next tab.
- Now, wait for sometime so that the tool can easily reset the Password.
- Finally, launch the Company File and provide a newly created password.
- At last, hit on ok.
Now, it will be easy for you to access the company file with the new Password.
How can I Recover my Password using QuickBooks Password Recovery?
If you are not able to to reset the Password using Automated Password Reset, you can try to do so with the help of QuickBooks Recovery Tool.
- Begin the process by running the QuickBooks Desktop and launching the Company File.
- A new window will be prompted on your screen, in that you have to enter your password.
- Select the I Forget My Password button and enter the answer to your Security Question.
- Press Ok, and once you get the Password Removed Window, hit on the Close button.
- Now, QuickBooks will ask you to Generate a new password.
- Thereafter select a Security Question as well.
- Fill in the required information, and tap on the Next tab.
- Finally, open the Company File with the help of a New Password.
Remember: In the newest release of QuickBooks Desktop, you don’t have the complete right to turn off the Company File’s Password for security purposes.
Summing Things Up!
In this blog, we have mentioned different ways that can help you in recovering your QuickBooks Admin password along with your user password. However, if you still end up with the same error, and don’t know what to do about it, then contact the QuickBooks Support Experts with the help of the Live chat option. These professionals are available around the clock to help QuickBooks users in fixing their Queries. Moreover, you also have the option to email your Queries to email@example.com and wait for the revert.
Frequently Asked Questions
To open QuickBooks Software on your device without password, kindly follow the listed below steps till the very end:
Step 1: Open QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
Step 2: Click on the Edit option which is available at the top menu.
Step 3: Choose your Preference.
Step 4: Scroll down to find the Service Connection option.
Step 5: Navigate to the Company Preferences option.
Step 6: Choose the Automatically connect without asking for a password option available on your computer screen.
Step 7: Click the OK option to successfully open QuickBooks without a password.
We hope that the above mentioned steps helped you to open QuickBooks successfully even without password!
If you hold the access of Admin, then follow the listed below steps till the very end:
Step 1: Click on the Settings option and click on the Manage users.
Step 2: Choose the Accounting firms option.
Step 3: Find the admin that you want to delete.
Step 4: Click on the dropdown list in the Action column and then click on the Delete option.
Step 5: Choose to Delete to confirm.
We hope that following the above mentioned steps helped you to successfully delete an admin in QuickBooks. If not, then you are advised to get in touch with our dedicated executive who can provide real time assistance to you to successfully delete an admin in QuickBooks.
To reset your password, follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Try to login into your QuickBooks Account and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ page.
Step 2: Input your correct User ID in the designated field.
Step 3: Input your e-mail address.
Step 4: On your registered e-mail address associated with your Intuit Account, you will receive a security Pin.
Step 5: Input the security PIN in the designated field.
Step 6: Answer the security question to proceed with the next step.
Step 7: On this window, input a new password and confirm the details that you want to set.
Follow the listed below step by step guide to successfully delete your QuickBooks Account and Start from the very beginning:
Step 1: Log in to your QuickBooks Online account by entering the correct credentials.
Step 2: On the next window of your computer screen, you will find a summary of the items that you can delete.
Step 3: Type in and enter YES to proceed further in the process.
Step 4: Once the data gets deleted, click OK.
Step 5: Choose the Wipe Data option.
Step 6: Once done with this, you’ll be rerouted to the home page of QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks, the master admin is the user who holds the highest level of permissions and privileges in QuickBooks Online software. Intuit’s cloud-based accounting software supports several types of users, including accounting firms and standard users and one of those major users is the master admin.