QuickBooks Error 15218 falls under the category of the 15XXX series of errors that usually takes place while downloading the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. Wondering why it happened? It mainly occurs due to the misconfiguration of the Internet Explorer settings.
Consequently, the error creates issues while creating paychecks, eventually leading to delay in payroll processing. Read this post thoroughly and gather all the information regarding the occurrence of the error and quick fixes to fix it.
Need expert’s Help in dealing with QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218? Dial our helpline number @+1-844-508-2335 and connect with our experts for immediate assistance.
Factors That Might Give Rise To QuickBooks Error 15218
Are you confused why you end up with QuickBooks Error 15218 every time you try to download the latest QuickBooks Payroll Updates? It may arise due to numerous reasons, a few of them are illustrated below.
- The inappropriate configuration of Internet Explorer is one of the possible reasons behind this error.
- Damage or corruption with the network data file .ND may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, Windows Firewall stops the users from getting the latest updates.
- It might evoke when you are using an obsolete version of QuickBooks.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317
Signs & Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15218
If you want to determine the error 15218 in QuickBooks, observe the following events when updating the payroll service:
- You will see the QuickBooks error message 15218 and the text message : “unable to authenticate the digital signature”.
- An active program window crashes with the error code.
- Your system becomes sluggish or unresponsive.
- The system can also get damaged while running the program.
- Your device begins to freeze or hang every now and then.
How To Troubleshoot The QuickBooks Update Error 15218?
Now after knowing the possible reasons and symptoms of QuickBooks error 15218, you have almost covered half way. Let’s move to the troubleshooting steps.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1722
First Procedure: Update The QuickBooks Application To The Latest Version
You must download the newly launched update of QuickBooks Desktop to fix QuickBooks Error 15218. To achieve it, follow the below-given steps:
- Initially, open QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- Now, navigate to the Help menu and then reach the option to update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you spot it, click on the same tab.
- To succeed in this, you need to click on Get Updates.
- After clicking on the above option, you must wait for some time as the update will take some time. Hence sit back and relax.
- Finally, click on the “close” button.
Second Procedure: Include the URL of Intuit as a trusted website
You all must add Intuit as the trusted website to get rid of QuickBooks payroll error code 15218.
- Start the process by entering the Windows + R to commence the process of the Run command.
- To open Internet Explorer, tap on OK and enter Explore.
- Now, Navigate yourself to the right-side situated gear option and hit it. Select the Internet options.
- Clicking on the security tab is your new directive.
- Select the icon of trusted sites and tap on the sites button.
- In case of using the US version, enter https://www.intuit.com/ and https://www.intuit.ca/ to utilize the Canadian version. It will add the website of Intuit to the zone.
- Tap on the “add” button to proceed further with the process.
- Ensure you check the Require Service Verification, i.e., HTTPS, for all the sites in this particular zone.
- Finally, click firstly on the close and then on the “OK” button.
Also Read – Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 9997
Third Procedure: Do the configuration of the Internet Explorer on your system
QuickBooks error 15218 can be fixed if you can configure Internet Explorer in your system. So it is the must step to perform hence get aware of the steps to implement it.
- To begin the process, you must log into your system as an administrator.
- Then perform the right-click to finish the opening of Internet Explorer and then choose the “Open With” option.
- Reach out to the Internet option on the right-hand corner at the top of the web browser.
- Go to the Trusted sites tab and proceed with the tab to add the following websites.
- To sum up the process, you need to restart your system.
Fourth Procedure: Get the Latest Digital Signature Certificate Installed
- Firstly, shut down the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Proceed further to C: > Program Files (x86) > Intuit > QuickBooks and then search for QBW32.exe.
- Once you spot the QBW32.exe file, right-click on it and opt for the Properties option.
- Furthermore, tap on the Digital Signature tab and confirm that Intuit.inc is on the list.
- Go to the Details option and then opt for the View Certificate from the Digital Signature screen.
- Then, pick the Install Certificate option followed by the Finish option.
- Relaunch your device and open QuickBooks Desktop to see whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 61686
Refer to this write-up; you can easily solve the QuickBooks Error 15218. All the necessary to completely eradicate QuickBooks Payroll error code 15218 is stated here. If you still encounter this error, consult our professionals for immediate Help. They are quite experienced and flawless in their service, and you can reach out to them through the live chat facility.