QuickBooks error H101 is a multi-user error code that occurs when a user tries to access the company file located on the other system. This error code indicates that the computer having the QuickBooks company file needs additional configuration to share the file access. If the required configuration is missing, the error message will show up on your screen.
However, this is not the single factor behind the error; there is a multitude of possible reasons that can give birth to QuickBooks error code H101. If you want to troubleshoot this issue, this post explains effective solutions for error resolution.
Need help troubleshooting the multi-user mode error H101? Contact helpline number +1-844-508-2335 to get immediate assistance.
What Does QuickBooks Desktop Error H101 Mean?
QuickBooks error H101 occurs when a user tries to access the data file, which is located on the other system. Accessing the file from the other is only possible when the multi-user mode is correctly configured on both systems. However, incorrectly configured hosting settings can lead to the error code H101 in QuickBooks.
Also Read – How to Connect QuickBooks to ETSY Account
It is possible that QuickBooks is unable to fetch the IP address of the system storing the QuickBooks company file. There are several other possible reasons behind the arrival of the error; you need to identify and troubleshoot to get rid of this company file access error.
What Brings Forth The QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error H101?
When the error H101 occurs while accessing the company file, you need to check for the following possible factors:
- When your Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from communicating with the server.
- If the network data file, which enables the file access on the network, is damaged, the error message will show up on your screen.
- Some essential services, such as QBDBMgrN and QBCFMonitorService, when not running, can give rise to the QuickBooks error H101.
- Incorrect path or the inaccessible location of the company file.
- Improperly configured host settings are also one of the apparent reasons behind the arrival of the error.
- When QuickBooks fails to fetch the IP address of your device or when the IP address is not correct.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error H101
When the error H101 in QuickBooks takes place, you can determine the persisting issue by keeping an eye on the below-given symptoms:
- You will not be able to access the company file located on another system.
- An error message with the code H101 will show on your screen.
- Anomalously responding system or the program itself.
- A task in progress will be hindered by the arrival of the error.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6069
Things To Keep In Mind Before You Fix Error Code H101 in QuickBooks
Before you proceed further with the error resolution, keep the below-listed points in your consideration:
- Confirm that the QuickBooks Desktop software is installed on the server computer.
- If the program is not installed on the server computer, you won’t be able to run the multi-user mode.
- You may visit Intuit’s official website to download and install the QuickBooks application.
- Make sure that you have a stable Internet connection to get the task accomplished.
Troubleshooting Solutions For QuickBooks Error Message Code H101
After gaining useful insights into the QuickBooks error H101, you can perform the below-explained solutions for the error resolution:
First Solution: Make Sure That Hosting Is Configured Correctly On Server Computer
In this solution, you need to make sure that hosting is enabled on the server computer. Below are the steps:
- When on the server computer, launch the QuickBooks application in the first place.
- In the next step, you need to select the Utilities option from within the File menu.
- Here, you will notice “host multi-user access” option. Just click it to enable hosting.
- If you see the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option, it means that the hosting is enabled on it, and you don’t need to make any changes.
Also Read – How To Rectify QuickBooks Fatal Error
Second Solution: Ensure That Essential QuickBooks Services Are Running
Some essential QuickBooks services, such as QBCFMonitorService.XX and QuickBooksDBXX are crucial to run multi-user access. If they don’t run, then QuickBooks error H101 is likely to appear. Therefore, we will ensure that these services are running by implementing the below-explained steps:
- First of all, quit QuickBooks application before you jump to the nest steps.
- Next, press the Windows + R keys, and it will open the Run dialog box.
- Here, within the specified run area, type Services.MSC text.
- After typing, click the OK button.
- Moving ahead, you need to locate the QuickBooksDBXX from under the Services and double-click once found.
- Now select the Automatic option located underneath the Startup Type.
- Here, you have to verify that the Service status displays as Running.
- After confirming, switch to the Recovery tab.
- Hit Restart the Service from under the First Failure, Subsequent Failure, and Second Failure options.
- Once done, click Apply option and then the OK button to conclude the procedure.
- Now you will need to perform similar steps to run the QBCFMonitorService. After starting:
- Launch QuickBooks software.
- Go to the File menu and then click on Switch to Multi-User Mode option.
Third Solution: Change The Company File Location
Sometimes, an inaccessible or incorrect company file folder can promote QuickBooks error H101. In such a case, you need to follow the below-explained steps:
- First of all, create a new folder.
- Next, copy your company file and paste it to the newly created folder in the first step.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks application and go to the File menu.
- Here, you need to select the Open a Company File option.
- Click the Next button to move ahead.
- Thereafter, browse the new folder wherein you have saved your data file.
- Now click the Open button and check if the error is resolved.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
The solutions described in this post can help you in the resolution of QuickBooks error H101. Stay connected for more informative posts on accounting-related topics. If you face any technical unease in implementing the solutions, our experts are ready to guide you with the best solutions through several channels, such as chat, email, or call, whichever is suitable for you.