Are you currently facing issues with QuickBooks Error 1712? Then, this article will help you find the perfect solution to deal with this situation. The QuickBooks error 1712 usually happens when one or two windows components are missing or when there are some file corruptions. Here, you can find some of the tried and tested solutions that can be implemented for error resolution.
What Happens When You Deal With the QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
The QuickBooks 1712 error occurs while installing QuickBooks Desktop on Windows. Once you get this error, the installation procedure will stop abruptly, and you will get a message saying, We’re sorry! Something went wrong with the installation—error 1712.
Factors Responsible For QuickBooks Error Message 1712
There can be multiple reasons behind this QuickBooks error, such as;-
- You may have another version of QuickBooks installed on your computer that is currently interrupting the installation of any other version of QuickBooks.
- Your Windows has registry errors, and the account you use to sign in on Windows does not have administrative rights for the installation.
- Or, your Windows does not have the recent updates installed.
Restarting Windows & performing a clean installation of the QuickBooks clean install tool may resolve this issue and fix the error once and for all from the application. But, if you have tried it and still dealing with the error, then there are some methods that you can follow to deal with error 1712 in QuickBooks.
Recent Post – QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Top Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1712
A user can implement these methods to fix this issue completely. Here follow these methods to fix QuickBooks error 1712:-
Method 1. Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop Application
- To start, navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop Download link.
- Once you have done that, choose the option to change.
- Then, choose the edition of the product, such as UK, US, or CA.
- From the choose product section, press the edition of QuickBooks Desktop that you wish to install, like;- Pro, Premier, Enterprise & Accountants)
- Afterward, select the version from the chosen version field and click on the search option.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page, and from here, you can tap on the Download button to install your selected version.
- Save it to your computer and navigate to the file location in the file explorer after the installation.
- Click twice on the file to start the installation, and follow the instructions carefully to install it on your computer.
- Once your installation is done, click the Finish option, and voila, you are done!
Method 2. Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application if it’s running.
- After that, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub with the recent version to your Windows computer.
- Save the downloaded file in the default destinations (Downloads).
- Navigate to the file and click twice on it to start the installation.
- Now, the install wizard opens and shows what you must do to download it.
- Once you are done following the instructions, then click on the Finish button.
- Next, go to the Desktop screen and click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon twice to open it.
- Then, you have to launch this application and fix the issue one at a time. You need to perform the next solution if the QuickBooks error 1712 is not resolved.
Method 3. Close Background Processes By Using Task Manager
- To begin, close all the programs that are running on your desktop.
- After that, press & hold the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- It will open up the Window of the Task Manager right on your screen.
- Next, check whether you are in the processes tab; right-cl it.
- Look for the QuickBooks processes that might be running in the background.
- Click on the Process of QuickBooks for each & every process.
- Now, hit the End task button to close it from running in the background.
- Close the Task Manager window & restart your system.
- Lastly, open your QuickBooks application to search for any errors.
Method 4. Change The Data Path of QuickBooks in the Registry
- In the beginning, go to the Windows Start option from your Windows System.
- Afterward, type regedit.exe and click the enter button in the search dialog box.
- From the Regedit window, locate your path and click twice on the entry app data from the shell folders.
- You must change the original value with your local profile path.
- When you are done, you can close the Windows.
- Next, restart your desktop, launch QuickBooks, and check for errors.
Method 5. Create or Add Windows User With Administrator Rights
- From your Windows System, Open up your Windows settings.
- Now, access the Windows Settings windows on your PC and navigate to the option accounts.
- Press the Other People or Family option and choose your option to add someone else to the computer.
- The user does not have to mention the email ID if it asks you to enter the Email Address.
- Rather, select the “I do not have this Person’s sign-in data” option from your screen.
- Next, click on the Add a User without any Microsoft account option.
- Create a new username and password for the new user id.
- Press the Next button to move ahead and create a new local account as the administrative.
- You can create a new local account as the admin and click on the local account you just made on the same account settings page.
- Select the Change Account type option and transfer the user from the standard to the Admin.
- Now, tap on the Next button and move further and restart your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- In the end, open the company file and look for any errors.
Method 6. Troubleshooting Windows Updates & Windows Installer
For updating Windows, execute these below-listed steps:
- Navigate to the Windows Start Menu Button to update your Windows system.
- Hit on the Gear icon for the System Settings and click on the Option update and security in the Settings Windows.
- Next, choose the Windows Update option from the left navigation lane.
- Click on the Windows updates and then the Check button for updates.
- If an update is available, it will show you if it’s up-to-date or not.
- In case, there’s an update, you can click on the Get Updates button, and then it will install it on your computer, and finally, you are done with updates.
For Windows Installer
Install the troubleshooter of the Windows installer named program. This will help you repair issues related to Windows. These issues are similar to when you are blocked from removing or installing programs from your system. It will also help resolve the registry that is damaged.
Once you have downloaded the troubleshooter, right-click on it and select the option Open. It will provide you with a few steps you must follow. If the Program is not on the list of uninstalling options, it will ask you for your product code, which will be available in the property table of the MSI File.
The following write-up explains how users can fix QuickBooks Error 1712. For this, we have mentioned different methods that will help you put this issue to an end. However, if you are still facing the same issue despite following the methods, you can reach out to our experts and address this issue with them, who will assist with reliable & secure solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1. Is there any chance that My anti-virus installed on the system May Have Caused the Error code 1712?
Ans. Well, yes. There is a high chance that the QuickBooks desktop error 1712 is due to the firewall or anti-virus installed on your system, and these settings can block QuickBooks files as suspicious or threatening activities.
Ques 2. Whom Can I Contact If I Get stuck With QuickBooks Error Message Code 1712?
Ans. In this case, you should contact the QuickBooks Data service solution team if you get stuck with the QuickBooks install error 1712. You can contact them via customer care service or their official website.
Ques 3. Is It Important to Check the Compatibility of Windows & QuickBooks to deal with error 1712 in QuickBooks?
Yes, you have to check for compatibility between Windows & QuickBooks. Per the QuickBooks Desktop Version requirement, users must update their Windows operating system occasionally. This will help you deal with the QuickBooks Desktop error 1712. After that, you can launch your software without any issues.