Have you ever been stuck with QuickBooks Error 80070057 while attempting to open the company file? If that’s the case, your search comes to an end here. Users might often get this error when they don’t have enough permissions to run QuickBooks. In other instances, it might evoke due to damage in the company file.
In this detailed post, we have provided complete details regarding the causes that trigger QuickBooks Error 80070057. Along with this, simple troubleshooting methods to overcome this error have also been explained.
Different Error Messages that Might Evoke QuickBooks Error 80070057
Whenever the error comes up, any one of the following error messages prompts on your screen stating;
- “The parameter is incorrect”. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].
- “The parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
- “The parameter is incorrect,” and You do not have sufficient permission to delete files.
If you are running short of time and looking for expert’s help to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057? Call us at @+1844-508-2335 and talk to our professionals to figure out the issue quickly.
Also Read – Solutions To Eradicate QuickBooks Error H101
Reasons That Contribute Towards Error 80070057 in QuickBooks
Utilizing an inappropriate way to open a data file may lead to QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. Besides this, there are plenty of other reasons that might give rise to this error, which are as follows;
- You haven’t installed the QuickBooks Desktop application properly on your system.
- Sometimes, it may occur if the data file is placed on an external storage device like an external drive or a USB Drive.
- QuickBooks fails to access the data file if it is stored on a different computer in the network.
- Windows Firewall installed on your device obstructs QuickBooks from accessing the data file.
Indications of QuickBooks Desktop Error 80070057
Whenever the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 occurs, the users might experience the following signs and symptoms on their screen.
- On the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 80070057, you will receive an error message on your screen.
- You might experience that the QuickBooks Desktop begins to crash repeatedly.
- As a result, you might discover that your system starts performing sluggishly.
- The users might experience that their system starts freezing continuously.
Also Read – Setup QuickBooks Workforce in QuickBooks Desktop
Verified Solutions to Terminate QuickBooks Error 80070057 Parameter Incorrect
Now, let’s explore the rectification methods to get out of the QuickBooks Error 80070057 without making much effort. Ensure you don’t miss any step while applying this method to avoid future discrepancies.
First Solution: Launch your QuickBooks Company File Properly
Accessing the data file appropriately is essential to resolve the Error Code 80070057 in QuickBooks.
- In the beginning, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- After this, choose the company file from the list of options available.
- Finally, opt for the Open option to open the data file on your device.
Second Solution: Access QuickBooks Desktop Using Correct Admin Credentials
Before accessing the QuickBooks application, it is mandatory to use appropriate admin credentials.
- Shut down the QuickBooks Desktop if it’s already open on your device.
- Afterwards, move to the desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon, and opt for the Run As Administrator option.
- If you see that the data file didn’t open automatically, choose the data file and pick the Open option.
Third Solution: Shift Your Company File to the Default Location
Sometimes, the users need help accessing their data file if it is stored in a different location. Therefore, it is essential to transfer your company file to the default location using the steps enumerated below.
- In the initial stage, access your data file’s location on your computer.
- After this, search and right-click on the file named .QBW and hit the Copy option.
- Then, navigate to the default location by accessing the following path and tap on the Paste option.
- C: >> Users >> Public >> PublicDocuments >> Intuit >> QuickBooks >> Company Files.
- Furthermore, launch QuickBooks and opt for the Find a company file.
- Afterwards, go to the Local Drives and search for the company file name.
- Next, pick the appropriate company file and then hit the Open option.
Fourth Solution: Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error 80070057 Manually
For instance, if you wish to repair the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 manually, then go through the following steps.
Stage 1: Retitle the Network Data (.ND) File
- Initially, move to the location where your data file is stored.
- Afterwards, navigate to the corresponding .ND file of your data file.
- Once you get the file, right-click on it and pick the Rename option.
- Next, include .OLD with the name of the current file, and it will represent as: “MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old”.
Stage 2: Operate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager On Your Server
- If you haven’t installed the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub, then first get it installed on your device.
- After this, launch the QB Tool Hub and navigate to the Network Issues tab.
- Now, you must choose the highlighted QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If QuickBooks isn’t installed on your server, you might be asked to install it on your device.
- Furthermore, opt for the Start Scan option when you see the company file folder on the screen. If it isn’t visible, navigate to the location of your data file and then hit the Start Scan option.
- Finally, hit the Close button to complete the entire process successfully.
Hopefully, you can now easily access to the company file without encountering QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. However, if you are still dealing with the issue, communicate with our professionals through live chat for quick assistance.