Are you looking for a way to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147? If yes, then your digital search ends here. Today, we will give you detailed information about this error and the ways to fix it.
Error 6147 is a very common problem faced by the QuickBooks users. It pops up on your Screen if your Company file is damaged. Apart from that, it also appears when the company file is not located properly at the place they are stored. There can be various other reasons as well that can provoke this error in your system. Further, to acquire more information, go through this blog.
Haunting for a Quick Solution of QuickBooks Error 6147? Call on @+1-844-508-2335 to get prompt solutions from QuickBooks Experts.
QuickBooks Error Code 6147: Description
When QuickBooks tries to use your company file & it fails then, it shows a few numbers of Error Codes; one of them is QuickBooks Error 6147. Whenever you encounter this error, you can see an alert prompted on your Screen saying:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your File.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.”
This error gives you the option to start and cancel, but it is of no use, as these options can’t fix your problem.
What are the Flaws that give rise to QuickBooks Error 6147?
Before moving ahead with the troubleshoots, we first need to understand the causes that indulge Error 6147 in your QuickBooks; This can help in selecting an apt solution according to it.
- The Presence of a Windows Firewall can stop QuickBooks from connecting to the company file.
- The QuickBooks Company File name may exceed its maximum limit of characters.
- Presence of corruption in .ND and .TGL files.
- You are using an older version of the QuickBooks program.
- You may have shifted your QuickBooks company file to some other folder instead of the installation file.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 6147?
In case you are still not sure about Error 6147, then verify whether you are receiving the following signs and symptoms on your device.
- Your Windows device shuts down at regular intervals.
- The system is Frequently crashing while running QuickBooks
- The software present in the system starts hanging.
- An error message appears on your Screen.
Verified Solutions to Root Out QuickBooks Error 6147
Now that you have collected enough information about QuickBooks error 6147 let’s discuss the ways to rectify it.
However, we will recommend you to update your QuickBooks Desktop to its newly launched version and make a backup of all your important company files before you go with the troubleshooting steps.
1st method: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool to Repair Damaged Company File
To use the QuickBooks File Doctor, you first have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit; after that, follow the on-screen instruction to install it.
Once it is installed, follow the given procedure to Fix the damaged company file using QuickBooks File Doctor:
- In the beginning, you have to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Company File Issues.
- Thereafter, hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. It will take a few minutes for the File Doctor to open.
- However, if it doesn’t open, then look for QuickBooks Desktop File Doc to open it manually.
- Now, in the QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your Company File.
- Moving ahead, hit on the Check your File tab, and then select Continue.
- Now you have to enter your QuickBooks Admin password and click Next.
Note: The scan time varies according to your File size. Once the scan is finished completely, open QuickBooks and check your Company file.
2nd Method: Modify the name of the damage.ND & .TLG Files
Network Data & Transaction Logs are one of the most important QuickBooks files that give permission to QuickBooks Applications to operate your company file on the Network. If these files get damaged, it can create major issues for the QuickBooks application. Thus, in such a scenario, you have to rename both these files by undertaking the given steps:
- Open the Folder in which all your QuickBooks Files are saved.
- Look for the files that have .ND and .TLG extension.
- Here, the files will have the exact name of your data file.
- Now, you have to right-click on each File and choose the Rename tab.
- Moving ahead, you have to add .OLD at the end of each of the damaged file names.
- At last, save the renamed File and open QuickBooks again.
3rd Solution: Verify the location of the QuickBooks Company File
If the above two processes won’t work for you, then it might be possible that QuickBooks is searching for the company File in some wrong folder. Thus you need to locate your company file and place it in the correct location.
- Initially, you have to Launch the QuickBooks software.
- Thereafter press the F2 key and write down the company file location given in the Product Information window.
- Now, go to the File location and verify if the company File is still there.
- In case the Company File is not in the QuickBooks Folder, then look for it using the Search Programs and Files box.
- Enter .qbw, and the system will show you all the files that have .qbw as an extension.
- Moving ahead, right-click on your correct company file.
- Now, click on Open File Location, and move your Company file to its correct Folder.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks software again.
In this blog, we tried to provide you with all the ways to rectify QuickBooks Error 6147. As always, if you need any help related to QuickBooks, email us your Query to get professional help. Apart from that, you can even use the Live Chat option available at the bottom of this page.