Many times, the users might face issues while installing the QuickBooks Desktop due to QuickBooks Error 61686. Thinking about the exact reason behind the error? It may occur because of the damage in the installation of Framework.xml. The users might receive the following error messages on their computer screen when the error pops up stating:
“The installer encountered an error when running “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Premier\QBooks” /quiet /norestart INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2011″ QB LICENSENUM=0x2x-3x4x-5x6x-7×8″
Other reasons that might lead to this error is fault in installation of .NETFramework or due to unstable internet connection. Further, in this post we have covered all the essential facts that are necessary to fix the error code 61686 in QuickBooks.
Having trouble while dealing with QuickBooks Error 61686? Call us at @ 1844-508-2335 and consult with our experts to get the best possible guidance within the least time applicable.
Reasons Why You End Up With QuickBooks EXEAdapter Error 61686
Knowing the actual cause behind the QuickBooks Error 61686 will help you overcome the error. Here, we have discussed all the possible factors that are responsible for the occurrence of the error. Go through them closely.
- Sometimes, it may occur due to an inappropriate installation of Microsoft .NETFramework on a Windows device.
- Another reason may be damage in the Framework.xml file.
- You are operating the unsupported version of Microsoft .NETFramework.
- In other instances, it may occur when Windows is infected due to some virus or other unknown online threats.
- Moreover, it might occur when the Framework.xml file has been mistakenly removed from your device.
Situations When You Encounter QuickBooks Error Code 61686
There are numerous signs and symptoms that can help you determine QuickBooks Error 61686. So, to let you know about all of them, we have listed a few of them below.
- You might see the error message with code 61686 continuously fluctuating on your computer screen.
- On the occurrence of this error, you might notice poor performance of your computer system.
- Sometimes, you might discover that your operating system starts freezing and thus weakens your system’s performance.
- You might see that your system starts freezing frequently.
Verified Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 61686
Now, it’s time to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 61686 using the correct resolution methods explained below. Go through the solutions given below attentively.
Resolution 1: Assign a New Name to Framework.xml file
Usually, the users need to change the name of the Framework.xml file to resolve the issues related to the file. Proceed further with the steps given below to accomplish the process.
- Primarily, navigate to the C: drive and open the QuickBooks folder on your device.
- Next, look for the file named Framework.xml and right-click on it.
- Furthermore, you are supposed to pick the Rename option from the drop-down menu list.
- You must give a new name to the file by inserting .OLD to the end of the filename.
- After this, save the mandatory changes made and ascertain whether you are getting the error.
Resolution 2: Fix the Damage in .NETFramework Through System File Checker Scan
Read the pointers below carefully to repair the damage present in .NETFramework through the System File Checker scan.
- To commence with, press the Windows + X keys together on you keyboard.
- You are supposed to choose the Command Prompt (Admin) to launch the Prompt window.
- Now, you must add the following path: “DISM.exe > Online > Cleanup-image > Restorehealth”.
- Further, press the Enter key before opening the System File Checker Scan.
- In the next screen, add the “sfc/scannow” within the command prompt window.
- All you have to do is to wait for a few minutes until the SFC winds up the scanning process.
- Once the process is over, open Windows again when you see the Command Prompt with Windows Resource Protection repair system files.
Resolution 3: Fix the Registry Entries Related to QuickBooks Error 61686
- In the initial stage, tap on the Start menu.
- After this, you will see the depiction notice in the request box, you won’t have to hit the Enter key.
- Hold the Ctrl + Shift keys altogether and then hit Enter key to move further.
- Review the message that pops-up on your screen and give consent to it by tapping on the Yes option.
- Eventually, you will get a black box on your screen, choose the Reddit option.
- Beneath the Registry Editor, you must pick the error 61686 key.
- Next, choose the highlighted Export here option from the File menu. Then, check that you have saved it in the mentioned list.
- You must opt for the Organizer where you see that the Windows Installer key is abandoned.
- Proceed further by picking the identity for the file in the specific box and assign a name like Windows Installer Backup.
- Look beneath the Export Range box, check the availability of the Choose Branch option.
- Tap on Save option to restore the mandatory changes.
- As a result, it will display the records along with the .reg document extension.
- At last, you will see that you will got a member of the Windows Installer-related registry regiment.
Wrapping It Up!!
We ensure that you can now easily install and update the accounting software without encountering QuickBooks Error 61686. However, if the issue still exists, you can have a one-to-one consultation with our professionals via live chat for quick resolution.