Usually, the users might experience Quicken Error OL 293 while attempting to update the accounts using online services. However, there are multiple other factors that lead to the error, such as bank server issues, incorrect login credentials, or internet connectivity issues.
Whenever the error appears, it prevents the users from accessing the online banking services in Quicken. Thus, users won’t be able to download the latest bank transactions, and it leads to delays in the bank-related tasks.
If you are searching for the right techniques to troubleshoot Quicken error code OL-293, go through this entire post attentively.
Are you hunting for instant help to eliminate Quicken Error OL-293? If that’s the scenario, then connect with our professionals to overcome the issue instantly.
Probable Root Causes Behind Quicken Error OL-293
Let’s look into the root causes that may trigger Quicken Error Code OL-293 to figure out the issue as soon as possible.
- Entering inappropriate or outdated bank login credentials.
- It may also trigger due to a temporary server outage.
- An unsupported version of Quicken may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, it may occur when Quicken services need to be activated properly.
Also Read – Resolve Quicken Script Error
Essential Points You Must Consider Before Resolving Error OL-223 in Quicken
Before moving further with the troubleshooting part, it is essential to know some of the key points in mind. This will help you resolve the Quicken Error OL-223 without much effort.
1. Prepare a Quicken Data File:-
It is advised to prepare the Backup of the Quicken file so that if you come across any fallback while performing the troubleshooting process, you can return to its original place. To prepare the Backup, implement the steps listed below.
- Initially, launch the Quicken application and then move to the Backup and Restore option.
- Following this, choose the highlighted Backup Quicken file.
- Eventually, opt for the Backup Now option.’
2. Disable the Automatic Download Transactions into Register
To rectify the Quicken Error OL-293, you must deactivate an account in Quicken before that. Moreover, it is perfect to disable the automatically added transactions to the banking register feature. Thus, it will help you prevent duplicating transactions in the Account.
- The first and foremost step is to move to the Edit option, followed by Preferences.
- Soon after this, hover your cursor over the Downloaded Transactions option.
- Afterwards, unmark the checkbox next to the Automatically add to banking registers option.
- In the end, hit the OK button to accomplish the process.
Also Read – fix Quicken Error CC 501
Easy Ways to Handle Error OL-223 in Quicken Instantly
Go through the below-listed resolution methods to overcome Quicken Error OL-223.
1st Fixation Method: Confirm Your Quicken Update-
Sometimes, the users might come across Quicken Error OL-223 while accessing the obsolete version of Quicken. Therefore, to figure out the issue, look for the Quicken update; implementing the steps as follows:
- Initially, access the Quicken application on your Windows PC.
- Afterwards, hover your cursor over the Help menu, followed by the Check for Updates option.
- Next, if your Quicken software isn’t updated, you will receive a notification to get the latest version of it installed on your device.
- Ultimately, hit the Yes option to initiate the installation process.
2nd Fixation Method : Reload the Data For Online Banking-
For reloading account details, follow the steps listed below.
- Initially, tap on the Account option present at the left side.
- Once the Account Register is open, head towards the top-right gear icon with a drop-down menu.
- Afterwards, choose the highlighted Update Now option.
- You are supposed to add the bank password correctly into the required text fields.
- Now, you must try updating the accounts once again.
3rd Fixation Method: Review Your Account Services in Quicken-
- In the first step, move to the Tools option, followed by Accounts List.
- After that, tap on Edit next to the Account that contains this error code.
- Now, beneath the Accounts Detail section, you must cross-check all the Account information. Therefore, you must make the necessary changes if required.
- For instance, if you have modified the information, you must try connecting with the bank again.
- Next, move to the Tools option and hit the One Step Update option.
Also Read – Resolve Quicken Error CC-501
4th Fixation Method: Cross-Check Your Bank Login Password-
- In the initial phase, move to the Tools option and then opt for the One Step Update option.
- You must look for the Account with this error code and unmark the other one.
- Next, you must tap the Key icon and insert the correct password into the required text field.
- In the end, hover your cursor over the Update Now option.
5th Fixation Method: Remove and Re-Add the Account Once again
Even after implementing the above solutions, you still discover Quicken Error OL-293, then try to reactivate and deactivate the Account. Here, we have listed the steps for both procedures below; check them out.
Remove an Account
- Move to the Tools option, followed by the Account Lists option.
- Select the Edit option beside the Account that is generating the issue.
- Afterwards, head towards the Online Services tab and pick the Deactivate option.
- Thereafter, choose the Deactivate option and click Yes for confirmation.
- End the process by choosing the OK option followed by Done.
Re-Add an Account
- Initially, opt for the Tools option and then Add Account.
- You are supposed to choose an account like Savings, Checking, etc.
- Afterwards, go to the Advanced Setup option and add the name of your financial institution.
- Move further by hitting the Next option.
- You must pick a suitable connection method and add the bank Username and Password.
- Next, hit the Connect option, and with this, Quicken starts searching for the Account at a bank.
- After getting the lists of all your accounts, you must try to reactivate the accounts.
- Rather than adding the accounts again, you must connect an existing account in Quicken.
- Then, select the Next option and hit the Finish option.
Wrapping It Up!!
We hope this context has shed some light on resolving Quicken Error OL-293. However, if you are still struggling while operating online banking services in Quicken, contact our experts. Our experts are available round the clock to guide you in the best possible manner at the earliest.