Quicken script error can take place when opening the program. When the error takes place, you won’t be able to utilize the program to its optimal performance. The error can also interrupt an ongoing task, and therefore, start looking for troubleshooting solutions as soon as it occurs. To do so, you need to dig out the possible reasons behind the error and suppress them one by one until the error is fixed. Now sure how to fix the Quicken script error. Follow the full article until the end to gain insightful information on the possible reasons and resolutions for Quicken script error. Let’s start!
“Need help with the Quicken Script error? Trained Quicken professionals are just a call away @ (844) 508-2335”
What Does Script Error in Quicken Mean?
Quicken script error can take place when you try to download or access your business data using the Quicken software. When this error occurs, you may receive a range of error messages on your screen explaining the error or its possible reasons. The error message prevents users from accomplishing an ongoing task. It can be frustrating to get errors midst your accounting or bookkeeping tasks. Implementing a few simple solutions discussed in this post can guide your way through the error resolution.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind Quicken Script Error?
The main reasons behind the error are stated in the below-given list:
- When you create your Quicken account, and it is activated for Quicken connect but not available on the Quicken services, the error can take place.
- The error can also take place when you try to copy a file or try to restore a backup of the file while your account is deactivated.
- Also, when the account is deactivated, Quicken still tries to connect with the file located on the server.
Also Read – Fix Quicken Error CC 501
How To Resolve Quicken Script Error?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the Quicken script error, follow the below-given solutions to troubleshoot the issue.
Solution 1: Reactivate Your Account After Deactivating
You can perform this solution in two steps. In the first step, you need to deactivate the program. Thereafter, activate the program and run it smoothly. Below are the steps:
Step 1: Deactivate The Account
- Open the Quicken application to start the procedure.
- When in Quicken, click the Account name.
- Next, click the Settings tab located at the bottom right to move ahead.
- When the Setting window opens, click the Troubleshooting option.
- Thereafter, click the Deactivate Downloads option.
- In the end, click the Save option to implement the changes you have made.
Important: If your bank allows both the connection methods, Quicken Connect and Direct Connect, choose the Direct Connect option when enabling your account. However, if the bank supports only Quicken Connect, you will have to opt for this option only.
Step 2: Reactivate Your Account
Now that you have deactivated your account, you need to follow the below-stated steps for account reactivation:
- Open the Quicken application in the first place.
- After that, select the account you want to reactivate.
- To do so, you need to select the Deactivated account.
- Moving ahead, click on the Settings tab.
- Thereafter, click on the Setup Transaction Download tab.
- Next, type in the name of the bank in the area specified for it.
- Here, you will be prompted to choose a connection type between the Quicken Connect and Direct Connect options (As instructed above).
- Proceeding further with this procedure, enter the username and password for your bank.
- Quicken will now show you your account information during the activation procedure here.
- In the end, LINK your account in place of adding it again.
If this solution doesn’t resolve the Quicken script error, move to the next solution.
Also Read – Fix Quicken Download Error 102
Troubleshooting Solutions Based On The Instance Of The Error
Quicken script errors can take place in various instances, such as when opening the program or when running Quicken. In these situations, you can perform the following steps:
Case 1: When Error Occurs While Opening Quicken
If the error takes place when opening the Quicken software, troubleshoot it by following the below-given steps:
- Launch Quicken in the first place to start the error resolution procedure.
- When the problem occurs, it shows an error message window with the message– “An error has occurred in the script on this page,” describing the issue.
- Here, you need to close the script error or just hit on the Yes or No buttons given in the lower section of the window.
- Proceeding further, unmark the checkbox for the “Remind me later” option.
- Thereon, close the Quicken application to conclude this procedure.
Case 2: When the Error Occurs While Running The Program
After following the steps listed in Case 1, you may get Quicken Tips and Tutorial screen, which is also an erroneous condition. In this case, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the Edit menu and then select Preferences.
- After that, go to the Startup, which is located underneath Startup Location.
- Now, for the “On startup open to,” you need to choose “Tips and Tutorials” from the given drop-down list.
- Moving ahead changes it to any other location.
- Change it to any other option, for example – Home.
- Thereafter, you need to close Quicken and then reopen it.
- Here, you will notice that the Quicken script error is eliminated.
If you are struggling with the Quicken script error, then this can be a useful post for you. However, if you want to cut down the troubleshooting time, get in touch with our trained Quicken Service phone number. They will guide you with the simple steps so that you may utilize the program without technical hindrances.