Quicken script error can take place when opening the program, and it affects the performance of the program severely. This error can interfere with the task you are currently working on, and therefore, you need to choose the right course of action to fix the problem. It needs you to know the possible instances that can evoke the script error in Quicken application.
However, you can save time here as we have discussed everything from scratch, including the meaning, possible reasons, and troubleshooting solutions for the error. Follow this post until the end, and thank us later once the error is resolved.
What Does Script Error in Quicken Mean?
There is not a single scenario when a Quicken script error can come into existence. You can face it when downloading or opening your company data from within the program. Also, it doesn’t come alone but comes paired with different types of error messages.
If you are a regular user of the Quicken application, then you must be aware of the fact that program issues show some signs of their occurrence. Regardless of the possible reasons, the error will certainly harm your ongoing processes. The sooner you fix it, the lesser the impact will be. Navigating this post until the end can guide you through the procedures on how to fix Quicken script errors.
Why Am I Experiencing the Quicken Script Error?
It is obvious to be curious about the script error when it starts affecting your routine accounting processes. Therefore, we have listed them for you in the following pointers:
- When you create your Quicken account, and it is activated for Quicken Connect but not available on the Quicken services, the error can take place.
- The error sometimes occurs when you try to copy a file or try to restore a backup of the file and your account is not active.
- Also, when the account is inactive, Quicken still tries to connect with the file located on the server, resulting in an error.
Is Script Error A Harmful Issue in Quicken Application?
The extent of damage caused due to the error can vary from one situation to another. However, if the error remains persistent for a long time, it will start affecting your processes, which can evoke monetary issues as well. It is better to fix this faulty situation as soon as possible to reduce the effects of the problem. You don’t need to look any further for the same, as this post has covered it all for you.
How Can I Resolve Script Error in Quicken Software?
The general solution to fix Quicken Script error is reactivating the program after deactivating it. Below, you can find the step-by-step assistance on this procedure:
Reactivate Your Account After Deactivating
You can perform this solution in two steps. In the first step, you need to deactivate the program. Thereafter, activate the program and run it smoothly. Below are the steps:
Step 1: Deactivate The Account
- Open the Quicken application to start the procedure.
- When in Quicken, click the Account name.
- Next, click the Settings tab located at the bottom right to move ahead.
- When the Settings window opens, click the Troubleshooting option.
- Thereafter, click the Deactivate Downloads option.
- In the end, click the Save option to implement the changes you have made.
Important: If your bank allows both the connection methods, Quicken Connect and Direct Connect, choose the Direct Connect option when enabling your account. However, if the bank supports only Quicken Connect, you will have to opt for this option only.
Step 2: Reactivate Your Account
Now that you have deactivated your account, you need to follow the below stated steps for account reactivation:
- Open the Quicken application to initiate the process of reactivating the program.
- After that, select the account you want to reactivate.
- To do so, you need to select the Deactivated account.
- Moving ahead, click on the Settings tab.
- Thereafter, click on the Setup Transaction Download tab.
- Next, type in the name of the bank in the area specified for it.
- Here, you will be prompted to choose a connection type between the Quicken Connect and Direct Connect options (As instructed above).
- Proceeding further with this procedure, enter the username and password for your bank.
- Quicken will now show you your account information during the activation procedure here.
- In the end, LINK your account in place of adding it again.
- If this solution doesn’t resolve the Quicken script error, move to the next solution.
Troubleshooting Solutions Based On The Instance Of The Error
After discussing the general solution for the error, we can move ahead to instance-specific troubleshooting. The error can take place while opening the program or when utilizing it for an accounting task. Here, we will implement the solutions based on the instance when the error is taking place. Check them out:
Case 1: When Error Occurs While Opening Quicken
If the error takes place when opening the Quicken software, troubleshoot it by following the below-given steps:
- Launch Quicken in the first place to start the error resolution procedure.
- When the problem occurs, it shows an error message window with the message– “An error has occurred in the script on this page.” describing the issue.
- Here, you need to close the script error or just hit on the Yes or No buttons given in the lower section of the window.
- Proceeding further, unmark the checkbox for the “Remind me later” option.
- Thereon, close the Quicken application to conclude this procedure.
Case 2: When the Error Occurs While Using The Program
After following the steps listed in the first case, you may get Quicken Tips and Tutorial screen, which is also an erroneous condition. To get an escape from this condition, you can implement the following steps:
- Go to the Quicken’s Edit menu and then select Preferences.
- After that, go to the Startup, which is located underneath Startup Location.
- Now, for the On Startup open to option, you need to choose Tips and Tutorials from the given drop-down list.
- Moving ahead changes it to any other location.
- Change it to any other option, for example – Home.
- Thereafter, you need to close Quicken and then reopen it.
- Here, you will notice that the Quicken script error is eliminated.
If you are struggling with the Quicken script error, then this can be a useful post for you. However, if you want to cut down the troubleshooting time, get in touch with our trained Quicken Service phone number. They will guide you with the simple steps so that you may utilize the program without technical hindrances.