Facing script errors while accessing the QuickBooks company file is one of the most irritating situations. Agree? Well, these errors are confusing and problematic enough as users don’t get any information about why these errors occur. The QuickBooks script error is also one of these script errors, which we will discuss today in this blog. This error results from Internet Explorer’s failure to execute the script languages. Users get an error message stating, “QuickBooks Script Error Unable To Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference.” Do you get such messages too? Continue reading this blog and fix this error immediately!
Are you tired of getting QuickBooks script error messages while opening the company file? If yes, consider call @+1-844-508-2335 our QuickBooks professionals for expert guidance.
Provoking Factors of QuickBooks Script Error
The occurrence of script errors in your QuickBooks applications is due to the underlying provoking reasons. Have a look and know the root causes:
- If script processing tools and features are turned off, you may receive a QuickBooks script error message.
- Make sure the script debugging element is turned off on your device; else, you may receive the QuickBooks pro script error message while opening the company file.
- If there is any synchronization issue between your online downloaded data and script software, you may face QuickBooks script errors, including script errors.
- The damaged Windows user can also be responsible for QuickBooks script errors.
- You may meet the script errors in QuickBooks while opening the company file if your previously made changes haven’t been checked and saved successfully on your computer device.
Prominent Signs to Confirm Script Errors in QuickBooks
You must consider the following signs to sense the potential script errors in QuickBooks. These symptoms will prominently make you sure about the script errors so that you can be better prepared to rectify them.
- If you frequently fail to download the latest updates for your QuickBooks application, it can be due to the presence of QuickBooks script errors.
- If your QuickBooks is suffering from QuickBooks script error, you may be unable to navigate smoothly to the computer screen.
- Another sign of QuickBooks script error in your application is when you frequently receive timeout messages on your browser screen.
- Consider that there is a script error, like error , in your application if your Internet Explorer starts malfunctioning or responding slowly.
- Various online activities, including QuickBooks operations, get prohibited if Windows Firewall does not include QuickBooks as an exception. Thus, users receive script error messages, including QuickBooks script errors.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks script error code 0 Application?
Searching for how to get rid of script errors in QuickBooks easily? Follow this entire solution guide with easy troubleshooting steps and say goodbye to the irritating QuickBooks script errors.
Troubleshooting Approach 1 – Include Intuit as a Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
Adding Intuit as a trusted website to Internet Explorer is one of the effective methods to fix QuickBooks script errors. So, let’s execute this procedure:
- First of all, open your Internet Explorer and navigate to the command bar. In this command bar, you are required to select the Tools option.
- In the second step, click the Internet Options, followed by selecting the Security option.
- Here, in the Security tab, search for the trusted sites, click on the Trusted Sites button, and add Intuit.com as a trusted website.
- Now, you will see a new window of Trusted sites. In this window, unmark the Required server verification (https:) for the sites available in that particular zone of Internet Explorer.
- After this, you will see a column for Add this website to the zone. Add .intuit.com to this column.
- Once you have added this, now remove all the extra sites from the Intuit.com reference list.
- Now, turn off the Trusted Sites window, followed by deselecting the Enable Protected Mode option.
- In the Final step, turn off the Internet Explorer, and you’re done. Check now the presence of QuickBooks script error. If you still find it, move to the next method.
Troubleshooting Approach 2 – Clear all the Cookies and Cache in the Browser
Often the available browser cache and cookies in Internet Explorer are the reason for QuickBooks script error code 0, pro-2013, and other script errors. Therefore, it’s necessary to delete all the browser cookies and cache from Internet Explorer. For this,
- First, you have to open your Internet Explorer browser and navigate to the right corner of the browser.
- Here, you will see the Tools option. Click the option and select the Safety & Security option.
- In the next step, click the Delete history option followed by clicking the Cookies and Website data checkboxes. After that, click the Delete tab.
- Now, wait for a few seconds while the entire browser history gets cleared.
- Finally, you are required to leave Internet Explorer, try to run your QuickBooks application again, and access your company file.
Troubleshooting Approach 3 – Run Internet Explorer in the Compatibility View
You can also avoid receiving script errors in QuickBooks if you start configuring Internet Explorer in Compatibility View. Let’s learn how to perform this procedure with the following steps:
- Start this troubleshooting method by first opening and navigating to the Internet Explorer browser.
- After this, click the Gear icon that you can see at the top right corner of your screen. Now, select the Tools option and continue to click the Compatibility view settings.
- Along with this, in the Compatibility view settings window, make sure to tick-mark the box with the text reading, “Display intranet in compatibility view.“
- Now, end this entire procedure by clicking the Close button.
Troubleshooting Approach 4 – Add URL to the list of Restricted Websites in QuickBooks.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to add the URL to the restricted websites list in your QuickBooks application. This procedure will surely help you rectify the QuickBooks script error.
- First of all, close all the background running programs and open your QuickBooks application only.
- In the second step, go to the Help menu and click the Internet connection setup option.
- Now, you need to click the next tab and continue to navigate to the advanced connection settings button. After this, select the Security tab and hit the restricted sites option.
- Click the websites, copy the URLs that you are receiving in the error message, and paste them, followed by clicking the add option.
- Further, select the Close tab and continue to click the OK button. You will get a Done button now; click it and reboot your system.
Troubleshooting Approach 5 – Turn Off Script Error Notifications in your Browser
QuickBooks Pro 2013 script error is no doubt a confusing error, so let’s try turning off the notifications of this error in the Internet Explorer browser and check for the results.
- First of all, open your Internet Explorer browser and navigate to select the Tools tab.
- Continue to the step and select the Internet options, followed by clicking the Advanced tab.
- In this step, click the clear the Display notification option to turn off the script error notifications.
- Hit the Apply button and OK button to apply and save all the changes and successfully end this troubleshooting procedure.
Troubleshooting Approach 6 – Remove SSL Certificates from your Internet Explorer Browser
Carefully follow the instructions and remove the SSL certificates from your Internet Explorer browser to avoid QB script error while opening the QuickBooks company file.
- First of all, open your Internet Explorer browser and go to the Gear icon. After selecting the Gear icon, move to the Internet Properties option.
- Along with that, from the Content tab, click the option for the Clear SSL state button.
- Now, complete this troubleshooting strategy by tapping the OK button.
Troubleshooting Approach 7 – Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser
When Internet Explorer is not set as a default browser, much of the web content may be subjected to potentially harmful or malicious content, and you may face script errors while opening the company file.
- First, open the Internet Explorer and navigate to the Tools option. Under this, you will see Internet Options.
- Here, in the top-right corner, you will see an option for the Advanced tab. Click this option and select the Reset to Default option.
- In the next step, click the Apply and OK buttons, respectively, to finish the entire process successfully.
- You will see some instructions popped-up on your screen to continue resetting the Internet Browser as your default browser.
- Again open your Internet Explorer, go to the Settings option, and select the Program tab.
- Here, you will see an option for Make Default and tick mark the box with text as, Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option.
- Finally, set the Internet Explorer as the default browser by saving all the changes.
Facing script errors like QuickBooks script error is undoubtedly the most irritating situation while accessing your crucial company files. So, try to dismiss this error with the solutions given above, and if you are still not getting the results, contact our professionals at +1-844-508-2335. Our QuickBooks Support team over Live Chat will guide you through everything about these errors, along with the easiest ways to figure it out.