Are you confronting TurboTax error code 65535? If yes, you must know that this error arises when you are trying to download and install TurboTax on your Windows. It does not depend whether you are using Windows 7, 8, 10 or any other Windows Operating System to witness this error. There could be many reasons behind this error code’s occurrence, and some of them along with their solutions are given in this blog. You can even call the TurboTax helpline number to speak with the experts to help resolve this issue.
TurboTax Error 65535: Unexpected Error
Error 65535 in TurboTax occurs when you try to install the software on Windows devices. The error code 65535 appears abruptly on your screen and hinders the installation process. It can evoke several other issues in your device used in running the program. Regardless of what version of the Windows OS you are using, you may get this on your Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista and XP. Fret not! When getting this error message, you can perform a few simple troubleshooting solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error 65535. Knowing the possible reasons behind the error is the first step to proceeding toward the solution. Let’s check in the next section.
Why Does TurboTax Error 65535 Occur?
You must be wondering why this error code 65535 occurs in the first place? Below are the possible reasons behind the issue:
- When you have installed corrupted software on your system.
- Sometimes corrupted Windows registry files can be reasons behind this error.
- Incomplete or failed installation of TurboTax software.
- Attack of malware and viruses on your system.
- Some infected file is corrupting the entire TurboTax software or your OS.
Symptoms of Runtime Code 65535 in TurboTax
When running the program, TurboTax error 65535 takes place all of a sudden without any prior warning. The error warning indicates the instances of file deletion or the appearance of a new file. Besides, virus infection is also one of the apparent reasons behind this symptom. As a sign of the error, you may experience a sudden drop in the Internet connection speed. Besides, the installation process gets stopped and you may not be able to proceed any further with the ongoing task.
How Do I Fix Error Code 65535?
Perform the troubleshooting solution mentioned below to resolve TurboTax error code 65535:
Fix TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows XP and Vista
The troubleshooting steps for Windows XP and Vista will follow as mentioned below:
- You need to be sure to open your Windows XP.
- If the online backup runs on your Window XP or Window Vista, you have to disable it first.
- Even disable antivirus software and firewall of your system.
- Now you can implement the steps of installation or update the TurboTax software.
- At last, re-enable the antivirus software or firewalls.
Fix TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows 7
If you are getting the error 65535 on Windows 7, the below-given steps can help in the error resolution:
- Log into your Windows 7 computer as an administrator.
- Now disable all the security software and any third-party software.
- Now you can install or update the TurboTax software and then re-enable all the security software.
Fix TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows 8
To fix the installation error 65535 on Windows 8, you need to perform the below-stated steps with the utmost care and attention:
- Click on the Taskbar > Task Manager > More Details > Service.
- If you see the status of the MIS server showing “running,” then you need to wait for some time till the time Windows 8 has completed the installation of another software or file.
- After the installation process is finished, you can re-install or install the TurboTax on your system.
Fix TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows 10
If you are unable to install the program on your Windows 10 due to error code 65535, below are the steps to troubleshoot the problem:
- You need to first click on the Taskbar > Task Manager.
- Then search for “Intuit update service” and then click on the “end process” tab.
- Next, you have to click on the details and search for the “exe” file.
- After that, close the Taskbar.
- Finally, update or reinstall the TurboTax software.
Long Story Short!
TurboTax error 65535 is an annoying error code in the program that not only hampers the installation process but also affects the system performance. Hopefully, these steps will help you resolve the Runtime Code 65535; however, if the problem persists, you need to take help from experts. Dial the TurboTax customer support number to speak with the technicians who will assist you in eradicating this error from the roots itself. Go Taxation is an eminent firm engaged in offering reliable accounting services, along with the troubleshooting solutions you may get when running your taxation program.