Restore QuickBooks Company File – QuickBooks is quite an important software for users, and with the growing competition in the business arena, you may require it the most. Now you share a lot of data that help you complete the accounting and bookkeeping process a lot easier so you can’t afford these data missing. It will be a setback for you and your company, and it may destroy weeks of hard work. QuickBooks files may get corrupted due to some certain reasons, and you will not be able to access these data. So it is quite a wise step to restore QuickBooks files from the local backup. You can get the job done by following this blog until the end. But if you need additional support, you can call at QuickBooks support number and avail the expert guidance.
The process to restore QuickBooks company files:
- Open your QuickBooks and go to file menu where you need to select ‘Open or restore company.’
- Get the ‘restore a backup option’ and click on that to restore data from backup copy and proceed further by going next.
- In the next window, you will be asked to choose a location to restore the data. You can select ‘local backup‘ to restore it from the backup.
- Click on next to move further and continue by selecting any of the options from ‘Online backup’ and ‘local backup’ option.
- A dialog box will appear open named ‘open backup copy’ and navigate there to choose a local backup copy to restore.
- Next, you need to select ‘open’ tab in the same dialog box to go back to the ‘open or restore company’ tab.
- Now you will a get an option asking ‘where do you want to restore the file?’ Click next to respond.
- Then you can save the company file to a chosen location after clicking on ‘yes’ to overwrite the file.
- In the next box type ‘yes’ to delete the entire file followed by ‘OK’ to complete the overwrite process.
- You will be asked to enter your login credentials in the next dialog box but if you have not created username and password for administrator log in you need to go to the ‘sensitive data protection setup’ field and set a username and password.
- Confirm the password and click on to finish the process.
- Now you can enter all the transaction from a chosen date range to make it up-to-date and then you can close the window.
Also Read – Reset QuickBooks admin Password
Get customer support for further assistance: Since you have witnessed a lot of complexity while applying these steps, you may require expert support. So without any hesitation, you should promptly call at QuickBooks helpline number and avail the guidance and support from the QuickBooks professionals to get quality support.
Frequently Asked Questions
No rocket science is required to repair QuickBooks Company file. To successfully repair the QuickBooks Company File, follow the listed below steps till the very end!
Step 1: Navigate to the File menu.
Step 2: Move your cursor over the Utilities option and click on Verify Data option.
Step 3: Allow the tool to check your QuickBooks Company file for data issues.
Step 4: From the Verify Results screen, select Expand All to find the errors.
We hope that the above mentioned steps helped you to resolve this issue of yours and if not, then we will advise you to check out our detailed article on this issue of QuickBooks.
Yes, there is an option of automatic QuickBooks backup. This accounting software is complemented with two automatic methods to back up your file. The first method is used to create a backup file every time you close the file. You set the frequency of how often QuickBooks creates the backup. QuickBooks stores this backup file on your hard drive under the QuickBooks directory in a folder named “Auto Backup” automatically and you will have to take no pain for that. The automatic backup is the best feature of QuickBooks software that helps you to secure your data in a prominent manner.
There are numbers of factors due to which QuickBooks files can get corrupted. Listed below are the factors which prove that your QuickBooks file is corrupted:
- If you are facing any issues while auditing a balance sheet.
- If the list of transactions is missing from the record.
- When unpaid bills are appearing as paid.
- Software gets closed on its own.
- Transaction history is appearing as a negative balance.
We hope that the above mentioned factors helped you to identify if your QuickBooks company file is corrupted or not.
Nothing to worry about! You can easily find your old company files in QuickBooks and for this, all you need to do is just a few clicks of the button. If you don’t know how, then let the experts handle this for you. Follow the step by step guide provided below:
Step 1: Open QuickBooks Software on your device.
Step 2: Click on the file option.
Step 3: Click on the Open or Restore Company option.
Step 4: Click on the Next option.
Step 5: Find the old file that you want to use and double click on that.
Step 6: Update that file in the latest version of QuickBooks.
Step 7: Don’t forget to create a backup of your old QuickBooks file.
To find the QBWIN log file, press the F2 and F3 keys on your keyboard simultaneously. Now, click on the Open File Option and keep scrolling to find QBWIN. LOG.
We hope that this helped you to find the QBWIN log file on your device and if not, then get in touch with QuickBooks Experts and they will provide dedicated assistance to you to easily locate the QBWIN log file on your device.