QuickBooks Error 6150 is the company file error that usually occurs when the years fail to access the data file. In other instances, it might evoke due to damaged or corrupted company files. Whenever the error comes, it starts throwing the following error message on the screen stating:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150,-1006).”
Consequently, this error prevents users from opening the QuickBooks company file. Thus, it leads to a delay in the ongoing business task. So, to fix the issue, you must read this entire post attentively to overcome the Error 6150, -1006 in QuickBooks.
Are you facing difficulty while resolving QuickBooks Error 6150 and need an expert’s help? Worry Not!! Instead, talk to our professionals by dialing @+1844-508-2335 and eliminate the error within no time.
Reasons Why You End Up With QuickBooks Error Code 6150
Go through the below-listed points to learn about all the factors responsible for QuickBooks Error 6150.
- Sometimes, it may occur due to a fault in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Another reason could be damage to your company file extension.
- It might evoke when the QuickBooks-related files have been removed accidentally.
- You are trying to launch the portable file (.qbm) without opening the QuickBooks software.
Scenarios When Users Experience Error 6150, 1006 in QuickBooks
Most of the time, users won’t determine whether they confront the error or not. In certain scenarios, you must look at the below-listed signs and symptoms to identify QuickBooks Error 6150.
- You might discover that you get Error Code 6150 along with the description.
- Also, it might occur when your system begins to freeze for a few seconds.
- Your PC starts performing sluggishly and responds slowly to the user’s commands.
- The users won’t be able to access the QuickBooks data file.
Simple Tricks to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
After getting in-depth information regarding the root causes behind the error 6150, 1006 in QuickBooks, let’s proceed to the troubleshooting part. Below, we have enumerated some tried and tested solutions to wipe out the error instantly.
First Troubleshooting Method: Examine the Presence of CryptoWall Virus
The Cryptowall virus might enter your device via trojan horse and encrypt your company file. As a result, it might lead to QuickBooks Error 6150. Go through the steps below to verify the presence of crypto wall.
- Initially, move to the Start menu, and write “File Explorer” within the search area.
- As a result, it will launch File Explorer on your screen.
- Within the following window, locate and launch your QuickBooks folder. You will mainly find your folder on the C: drive.
- Now, search for the files that include the words, i.e., “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
If you fail to find out any file that tallies the description, carry on with the methods below.
For instance, if you get any file that matches your description, look for the antivirus service providers. Later on, ask them for an instant solution for Cryptowall.
Second Troubleshooting Method: Restore the Backup Company File
The users need to generate the backup of their QuickBooks data file. You must try to reload the last backup that you have generated if you won’t be able to access your data file due to QuickBooks Error 6150. Once the backup is generated, you have to redo the work that you have done, but you won’t get the error again. To accomplish the process, apply the steps given below.
- Firstly, tap on the QuickBooks File menu and navigate to the Open or Restore Company.
- Afterwards, head towards the Restore a Backup Copy and then hit the Next option.
- Now, choose the highlighted Local Backup option and click the Next button.
- You are supposed to search for your backup company file. The backup company file mainly seems like: [Your company name].qbb.
- Next, pick the folder you want to restore the QuickBooks company file and tap on the Open option.
- Once everything is done, choose the Save button. If you get any message about possibly overwriting your data, choose the suitable option for your requirements.
Third Troubleshooting Method: Utilize the Auto Data Recovery to Restore the Lost Data
QuickBooks utilizes the Transaction Log file (.TLG) to restore lost or damaged data. Therefore, to restore the file, you must use the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file.
- Initially, make a new folder and name it, say QBTest folder.
- Go to the folder where your QuickBooks company file is stored and then navigate .TLG file in your company’s file folder. You will see that your data file contains the same name as your data file. If you won’t be able to get the .TLG file, implement the steps below.
- Begin the process by launching File Explorer by hitting the Windows + E keys together on your keyboard.
- After this, move to Organize, followed by Folder and Search Options.
- Then, choose the highlighted Hide Extensions for known file types.
- At last, click on the Apply option followed by OK.
- After this, you have to copy the .TLG file of your data files and paste it into the QBTest folder.
- Access the folder named QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery. You will find this folder within the same location as your data file.
- Copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it into the QBTest folder. With this, you will see that you have both these files within your QBTEst Folder i.e, “.tlg” and “.QBW.adr”.
- Navigate to the QBTest folder, right-click on the file named .QBW.adr, and choose Rename.
- You have to erase .adr from the end of your file name and launch the data file stored on the QBTest folder.
- Furthermore, choose the File option > Utilities > Verify Data to examine the integrity of the recovered file.
So, here we wrap up this post and hope that the solutions discussed above might be beneficial in resolving QuickBooks error 6150. However, if you are still experiencing this issue, you can contact our professionals through live chat facility.