Are you facing continuous runtime issues with Error 5640 TurboTax in your versatile TurboTax software? If yes, you must take a look at this comprehensive blog post and resolve this error effectively. TurboTax error code 5640 is also recognized as a runtime error as it prevents TurboTax from responding during its operation. Users encounter this error when TurboTax meets tax preparation requirements. They may get an error message reading “Error 5640: Can’t Configure Product Update System while updating or installTurboTax” If the same case is happening to you as well, take immediate steps to resolve the problem.
Need professional assistance while dealing with the TurboTax error code 5640? Contact our experts at @+1-844-508-2335 and get the issue fixed instantly!
What Signs can tell you about TurboTax Error 5640?
Users may encounter the TurboTax error 5640 unexpectedly out of nowhere without any warning. That’s why we have jotted down some prominent signs that may help you know the error in advance.
- While running the TurboTax software, if you get a sudden error message reading, “Can’t configure product update system,” it means the runtime error issue is happening.
- The accidental deletion of files due to any malicious virus infection can also detect the runtime error code 5640 in TurboTax.
- You can sense the TurboTax runtime error code 5640 if you notice an unexpected drop in your internet connection speed.
What Causes the TurboTax Error Code 5640 to Occur?
Don’t you think knowing the reasons for a particular error can get you more successful error-resolving results? That’s why we have some common reasons to help you know why you are facing TurboTax error code 5640.
- If the software design or the programmer codes are full of flaws, you can encounter the error code 5640 in your TurboTax software.
- During the software designing and testing, the errors (if any) must be addressed; else, these bugs will disturb the users later during the software running.
- Users may notice the runtime error code 5640 in their TurboTax software if the incompatible application programs are running simultaneously.
- If the software is suffering from any memory or space issue, it may invite the runtime error code 5640 to your TurboTax software.
- Any sort of damaged graphic drivers and virus infections are also responsible for the TurboTax error code 5640.
Well, whatever the case from the reasons mentioned above may be, immediate troubleshooting actions are crucial to rule over this error.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Rectify TurboTax Error Code 5640
You can perform the following actions to troubleshoot this annoying TurboTax error 5640. Follow these steps carefully and continue with your smooth workflow at TurboTax:
Troubleshooting Way 1 – Close all the Conflicting Programs
Always keep in mind that the runtime error can be a reason for the programs clashing with each other. That’s why your first approach to troubleshooting this issue must be the shutdown of these conflicting programs.
- First of all, you need to open your Task Manager. For this, press the CTRL + Alt + Del buttons on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now, you will see a list of all the programs running currently. After this, go to the Processes tab and close the programs one after another, then highlight each application program.
- Click the End Process button for these programs and check if the error message is popping up every time you end a process.
- With this, you will get to know which application program is triggering the error. Once you notice the same, uninstall and reinstall that very program.
Troubleshooting Way 2 – Try to fix the error by Updating or Reinstalling the Conflicting Programs
As mentioned above, conflicting programs can trigger an error in your TurboTax software. Follow these instructions and continue to either update or reinstall that conflicting program causing errors. We have given two ways for this procedure; take a look:
With the help of the Control Panel
- If you’re a Windows 7 user, you need first to click the Start button and then continue to open the Control Panel. Herein, click the Uninstall program.
- In case you are running Windows 8, click the Start Button, scroll down, and select the More settings option. After this, go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 8 users, it’s suggested to first navigate to the Start button and type Control Panel in the search bar. Once you get it, click the Uninstall a program option.
- Once you get the Programs and Features option, click the Problematic program and then tap the Uninstall button tab.
- In case you choose to update the conflicting program, you need to opt for the prompt to continue the update. If you need to remove the problematic program, follow the instructions for uninstallation and use the program’s installation disk to re-download the program.
With the help of other methods
- For Windows 7, find the list of all installed application programs by first clicking the Start button and scrolling your mouse over the application list on the tab. Here, you will see an option for uninstalling the Program.
- For Windows 10, you need to click the Start button, Settings, and choose the Apps option.
- Continue to the step and scroll down to check the list of application programs and features installed on your computer system.
- After this, click the application program causing the TurboTax runtime error; then, you may choose the uninstall option or click the Advanced options to reset the program.
Troubleshooting Way 3 – Fix the Issue by Running Disk Cleanup
Users may experience the TurboTax error 5640 due to low free space or memory issues on their computer. If you’re also facing an error due to this reason, perform the following troubleshooting method.
- First, you need to create a backup of your company data file and free up your hard drive space.
- Now, clear the cache and reboot your computer system. After this, run Disk Cleanup, and open your Explorer window.
- Continue to the step and right-click the main directory, which is generally your C: Drive.
- Now, click the Properties option and continue to click the Disk Cleanup. Now, check whether the error code 5640 has been rectified or not.
Troubleshooting Way 4 – Rectify the TurboTax Error code 5640 by Reinstalling the Graphics Card
The hardware issues related to your poor Graphics driver also trigger runtime errors. To troubleshoot this issue, execute the following method:
- First of all, you have to open your Device Manager to locate the Graphics driver.
- In the next step, you have to right-click the video card driver and continue to click the Uninstall option.
- Once done with the uninstallation, restart your computer system, and check if the error is still there or not.
Troubleshooting Way 5 – Install the Recent Windows Updates or Update your Virus Protection Program
Virus infections are also one of the prominent reasons for facing TurboTax runtime errors. To prevent this, you need to update your virus protection program.
You can also prevent the virus infection by running a thorough computer scan. Apart from this, you can also get rid of the error by updating your Windows to the latest updates and getting the recent virus definition to figure out the errors.
We hope, from this comprehensive blog post, you have learned the quick solutions to fix the TurboTax error 5640. If these solutions are not enough and you are still facing issues due to this runtime error, contact our TurboTax Customer Support experts and let them fix the issue professionally.