QBCFMonitorService is one of the most important QuickBooks services, enabling the accounting software to run in multi-user mode. Moreover, it also lets the workstation computers to link with the data file stored on the server. But, most often, the users might witness QBCFMonitorService Not Running Error. This issue mainly arises when the users fail to run the QuickBooks Database Service Manager to set up the multi-user mode.
Whenever users come across this error won’t be able to run the QBCFMonitorService. Thus, it interrupts users to run in a multi-user environment. So, fixing this issue using the correct resolution methods explained in this post is compulsory.
Are you stuck with the QBCFMonitorService Not Working and need help fixing it on your own? Call us at @ +1-844-508-2335 and obtain useful tips to overcome the issue immediately.
Reasons Why You See QBCFMonitorService Not Working On this Computer Error
Many times, the question might arise in the user’s mind regarding why does the QBCFMonitorService Not Working on this computer. So, to shed some light on this question, we have provided you with all the prominent causes that may trigger this error. However, to know more details about them, you must go through the pointers below.
- Sometimes, the QBCFMonitorService fails to start due to a malicious attack by a virus or other cybersecurity threats.
- Windows Firewall has blocked access to QuickBooks Database Server Manager, which might give rise to the QBCF monitor service keeps stopping issue.
- Problems with the Windows Registry is one of the major cause that might evoke this error.
- In other instances, it may occur when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service is mistakenly removed from the server.
- You may end up with this error, due to corruption or partial installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Crucial Points You Must Know Before Going On to the Fixation Part
Below, we have described some important points you must remember before resolving the QBCFMonitorService Not Working error.
- The very first thing you must do is to generate the backup of the QuickBooks data file to avoid the permanent data corruption.
- You must ensure you are using a valid QuickBooks subscription.
- Confirm that you are well-connected with a reliable and a strong internet connection.
Quick Solutions to Rectify QBCFMonitorService Not Running On Server Error
In this blog section, we have provided you with the appropriate solutions to rectify QBCFMonitorService Not Running On Server error. So, have a look at the solutions given below and apply them according to the cause of the error.
Resolution Way 1: Try to Start the QBCFMonitorService Once Again
At times, relaunching the QBCFMonitorService might help the users resolve the error. To relaunch the service, you must perform the steps instructed below.
- First of all, launch the Task Manager on your device by entering the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together on your keyboard.
- After this, move to the highlighted Processes tab and then move further.
- Thereon, right-click on the QBCFMonitorService and hit the highlighted End Task option.
- Furthermore, tap on the Yes option for confirmation and go ahead.
- In the end, launch the QuickBooks application and verify whether you are still receiving the error. If you still encounter this error, proceed to the next resolution method.
Resolution Way 2: Review the QuickBooks Multi-User hosting Setup on the server
Sometimes, the users might encounter issues in accessing the file that is placed on the server when the hosting is turned off. So, to resolve the issue you must carry on with the following steps.
- First of all, move to the QuickBooks File menu and then choose the highlighted Utilities tab.
- After this, you must pick the option indicating “Host Multi-User Access” option.
- In the next step, hit the Yes option once you see the confirmation box on the screen.
- You must assure that you are activating hosting on the server.
- Also, you must ensure that the Multi-User hosting is not running on any of the workstations.
- For verifying the same, pick the Switch to Single-User Mode, it signifies that QuickBooks is running under the multi-user mode. Later on, hit the highlighted Switch to Single-User Mode option.
Resolution Way 3: Put An End To QuickBooks and QBCF Monitoring Service
- First of all, ensure that you have closed the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After this, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to open the Task Manager on your device.
- Thereon, navigate to the Processes tab, right-click on the QBCFMonitoring Service, and hit the End Task.
- Furthermore, choose the Yes option to confirm the changes and go further.
- At last, launch the QuickBooks application to verify whether the issue is resolved.
Resolution Way 4: Rectify the Windows & Third-Party Firewall Settings
To rectify the settings of Windows and third-party firewall settings, you must implement the steps outlined below.
- In the beginning, move to the server computer and launch the Command Prompt window by entering CMD into the search panel.
- After this, launch the Run Command window, add “IPConfig” and hit the Enter key on your keyboard. As a result, you will obtain the IP address of the server computer.
- Thereon, access the workstation hampered by the error and then launch the Command Prompt window.
- In the next step, include “PING(Server’s IP Address)” and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once you run the Command Prompt window, you will see that your workstation will send four data packets to the server to test if it receives all of them.
- With the effect of the above command, if the server obtains all four packets, it will send the status back to you.
- In the end, if the status displays you a packet loss, it indicates that there is some issues with the network configuration that you require to fix it.
Resolution Way 5: Conduct the Installation of the Latest QuickBooks Database Server Manager Updates
To install the most recent updates of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Updates, you must apply the steps written below.
- First of all, you must ensure that you have installed the most recent version of the QuickBooks Database Manager Server for your QB application.
- Afterwards, launch the QuickBooks application if you are not having the most recent updates and patches installed.
- Move further by hitting the Update QuickBooks from the Help menu.
- Now, you must place a tick-mark next to all the QuickBooks features and releases that are available beneath the Update Now menu.
- In the next step, tap on the Get Updates button, and you must wait until the application installs all the available updates on your device.
- Once the update is over, relaunch QuickBooks Desktop on both the server as well as on your workstation.
Resolution Way 6: Setting Up Of QuickBooks Database Manager Service
Follow the instructions given below to set up QuickBooks Database Manager Service.
- To begin the procedure, tap on OK and look for the QuickBooks DBXX service from the list of services.
- If you notice that the service status appears as Stopped, right-click on the service and hit the Properties option.
- Afterwards, beneath the General tab, you must change the Startup Type to Automatic.
- Later on, move to the Login tab and then set the option Local System Account.
- Thereon, hover your cursor over the Recovery tab and click on the drop-down menu list to pick the First, second, and subsequent failures. Furthermore, navigate to the Restart the Service option.
- At last, you must choose the Apply option followed by the OK button to accomplish the process.
Winding It Up!!
With this, we assure that now you can tackle with the QBCFMonitorService Not Working error seamlessly. However, if you are still encountering any issues, you can talk with our professionals via live chat or email support facility. Our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Experts are available round the clock to guide you in the best possible manner within the least time applicable.