TurboTax is one of the most preferred tax filing software used to calculate and pay business taxes. The software assists you in paying your federal and state taxes on time. However, despite being the leading tax-paying software, it is open to multiple errors or technical glitches. One such technical discrepancy that disturbs the users is TurboTax Error 70001. It is a run time error and pops up suddenly when the user opens the application. If you are too annoyed by this error and are looking forward to fixing this issue, then this blog is meant for you. Here, in this blog, we will uncover the various aspects of the error, including its meaning, causes, symptoms, and effective troubleshooting methods. So, read the entire blog till the end to know more.
An Insight into TurboTax Error 70001
As the name suggests, Turbo Tax Error 70001 is a run time error that happens at the time of opening the software. Apart from that, the error can occur at the time of installation, update, or closing of the application. The occurrence of this error leads to failure or crashing of the software while running. When the error occurs, the users receive an error code along with the warning message stating, “Turbo Tax Error 70001: The application has encountered an error and needs to be closed immediately to resolve the error.” The error message is not the same for all users. Some users might receive a different error message stating turbo tax is already running under another account error 70001. You need to troubleshoot the error immediately, irrespective of the error message received.
Most Possible Reasons Behind Getting Error 70001 TurboTax
It is important to know the various causes of TurboTax error 70001 before knowing its various troubleshooting methods. There are a couple of reasons that are responsible for triggering this error.
- The application is not updated to its latest release.
- Your internet connectivity is slow.
- There are insufficient privileges to access the TurboTax application.
- Your system has encountered a virus or malware.
- Two or more programs are conflicting with the application.
Symptoms to Identify TurboTax Error Code 70001
It becomes difficult to narrow down the symptoms of error 70001 turbo tax since it is a run-time error. However, we have listed the most common run time symptoms to identify the error.
- The active Window crashes when the error occurs.
- The application will not be opened.
- The active application crashes when an error occurs while running the application.
- An error code TurboTax Error 70001, along with the warning message, appears.
How to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 70001 Easily?
Till now, you are aware of the run time error. Now, let us dive deep into the pool of troubleshooting methods. Resolving the error 70001 turbo tax is not a difficult task. By implementing the right solution, you can easily fix the issue.
Solution 1: Disable the Firewalls or Anti Virus Settings
The wrong firewalls or antivirus settings will sometimes block the way of TurboTax. Usually, the antivirus or firewalls protect your system by blocking the suspicious programs. But, at times, antivirus thinks of TurboTax as a suspicious website and blocks it from running. Follow the below-cited steps to disable the Windows firewall defender to resolve the problem.
- To begin with, open the settings of your system and then pick the control panel.
- Now, move to the system and security option and choose the Windows Firewalls option.
- Moving ahead, turn off the Windows Firewalls setting by moving the slider to the disable option.
- Hopefully, it will resolve the issue. Now, open TurboTax to check if the issue persists or not. If not, you can try other solutions listed below in your system.
Solution 2: Run TurboTax as an Admin
Insufficient permissions to access the TurboTax application will result in a run time error. By simply running the application as an admin, you can easily resolve the issue. The below-cited steps will help you in running the application as an admin to fix the issue.
- Foremost, close all the current running programs.
- Next, right-click on the TurboTax desktop icon.
- Moving ahead, pick run as an administrator option.
- Press the yes button when the permission window appears to provide the necessary permission.
- It will run the application as an admin.
Solution 3: Start TurboTax from Selective Startup Mode
At times, the unnecessary Windows programs might conflict with TurboTax, resulting in error 70001. Simply opening the application in Safe mode and then switching back to normal mode will resolve the issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the 70001 issue.
- Firstly, press the Window + R keys together to open the Run Window in your system.
- Now, in the run window, type MSCONFIG and further press the enter key.
- It will open the system configuration window in your system. In the opened Window, go to the general tab.
- Now, click on selective startup and uncheck the box stating load startup items.
- Further, go to the services tab and put a tick mark on the box, stating hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on the Disable all option and then press the OK button.
- Now, press the Restart option to restart the system.
- Open the TurboTax application after the system restarts.
- Now, open the system in normal mode and try to open TurboTax.
- Hopefully, it will resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, try other solutions listed below to resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Update TurboTax to the latest release
An outdated TurboTax application will result in the turbo tax already running under another account error, 70001. To fix this issue, you need to update TurboTax. To update the application, click on the drop-down menu and then pick the update option.
Solution 5: Close the Conflicting Programs
Sometimes, the users might face TurboTax error code 70001 due to the conflicting programs running in the background. You need to stop the conflicting programs to end the error. Take help from the below-cited steps to end the controversial tasks.
- Firstly, press the CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys together to open the task manager of the system.
- After that, pick the processes tab in the task manager and choose the conflicting tasks.
- Right-click on these tasks one by one and pick the “End Process Now” option.
- It will forcefully stop the programs. Hopefully, the issue gets resolved.
Solution 6: Uninstall and InstallTurboTax Application
If none of the above-cited solutions work for you, try to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the application again. Follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall and InstallTurboTax application.
- Foremost, open the control panel of your system.
- Then, click on the programs and features and then the programs option.
- Next, choose the TurboTax application from the list of programs and right-click on it.
- Pick uninstall a program option to delete the program.
- It will delete the software from your system.
- After that, you need to manually delete three folders:
- C: ProgramDataIntuitTurboTaxTYXX
- C: Program FilesTurboTax[version] 20XX, where [version] is Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business
- C: Users[user]AppDataRoamingIntuitTurboTaxTYXX, where [user] is your user name
- Next, you need to reinstall the application again on your system.
Solution 7: Run the Disk Cleanup
The run time error might triggered due to the low disk space. By simply removing the junk or temporary files, you can easily remove the error.
- Make sure you back up the essential company files before running a disk cleanup.
- Also, do not forget to delete the caches and temporary files and reboot the system.
- To open the disk cleanup, open the Explorer window and right-click on C drive.
- Pick the properties and then choose the disk cleanup option.
TurboTax is a powerful tax-calculating software that is used by millions across the globe. However, using the latest tools can be a complicated task and can sometimes result in errors. TurboTax error 70001 is one such error that annoys the users. Hopefully, this blog helps you in resolving the issue permanently. You can Contact TurboTax Support Phone Number immediately if you still need expert advice.