The QuickBooks desktop has revolutionized the financial world completely. The ultimate software attracts entrepreneurs and business owners with its marvelous features. But at the same time, we can not overlook the fact that the application is prone to various errors. From the bucket of bugs, one error is QuickBooks error 6144 82. Undoubtedly, the user can resolve this error with the help of various troubleshooting methods. Unlike the other QB errors, thi error needs the expert advice of a professional person to resolve it.
Feeling Troubled in Fixing QuickBooks error 6144 82? Do not worry. Give a call on +1-844-508-2335 and Get Instant Solutions.
This error often appears when the user tries to access the company file. Often the error stops the users from performing other activities in the application. If you are facing this error and are looking for reliable solutions, then this content is for you. In this blog, we will navigate you through the error, its causes, its symptoms, and the troubleshooting methods.
Brief Overview of Error 6144 82 in QuickBooks desktop
It is the most common error that users face while trying to access their company file, which is used by another application. The occurrence of this error will not allow you to perform any action. Usually, an error message is received by the user when they face this error, stating, “QuickBooks error 6144 82: QuickBooks have encountered an error and needs to be close. We are sorry for the inconvenience ”. The error needs to be resolved at the earliest; however, let us have a look at the causes that trigger the error.
Why Does QuickBooks error 6144 82 occur?
There are several factors that cause the error. Below we have mentioned the prominent reasons for this unrecoverable error. Either one or more than one factor is responsible for triggering the error.
- The network issue on the server prompts the error in the system.
- There is a virus or a malware attack on the system.
- If the Windows system files get corrupted, then you will face this error.
- The incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- When other programs have deleted the important files of QuickBooks.
- If the hard disk of the system gets damaged or there is insufficient space in RAM.
Signs to Identify QuickBooks error code 6144 82
Now, you know the causes which are responsible for this unrecoverable error. Let us know the various indications that will help you in spotting the error. The various signs and symptoms of this unrecoverable error are:
- The system crashes when you try to open the application.
- You are not able to use some functions of the application.
- An error code appears on the screen whenever you try to use the application.
- The application crashes suddenly.
- The system start performing slowly or it freezes sometime.
What are the things to consider before implementing the resolution steps?
You need to take care of certain things before implementing the troubleshooting methods:
- Perform a disk cleanup to delete the junk files.
- You need to perform the resolutions on the host server.
- Switch off the system security application.
- Make sure that your system is free from any viruses or malware.
- Ensure that you have shut down all the systems, including the host system.
- Also, update the system device driver updates.
Read Also- QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Proven Effective Methods to Deal with QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Now, you have a complete overview of this unrecoverable error. It is the right time to explore the various troubleshooting methods. So, without delaying further, let us have a quick look at them.
Method 1: Change the Account Type
Resolve the error by changing the account type. Take help from the below-mentioned steps:
- To start the process, tap on the start button and open the control panel of the system.
- In the panel, click on the user account option.
- After that, click on the add/remove user account option and select QBDserviceuser23.
- Now, modify the account type as per the requirement.
Method 2: End the Conflicting Programs
The error occurs most likely due to conflicting programs. To fix the error, you must stop these programs. Take help from the below-mentioned steps to accomplish the task:
- Hold the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to open the task manager.
- In the task manager window, navigate to the processes tab and select the programs which are creating a disturbance.
- Right-click on the selected programs and choose the “end process” option from the drop-down menu.
- Close the task manager window and check if the problem persists or not.
Method 3: Perform the sfs/scannow
The system file checker is a tool offered by Windows to find and fix Windows system files. You can perform the sfs/scannow option to resolve the issue. Go through the below-mentioned steps to accomplish the task:
- In the search box that appears after clicking on the start button type command. Make sure you did not tap on the enter key.
- Now, press the CTRL + Shift keys together and click on the enter key now.
- A window will appear stating “permission box.” Press the “Yes” button.
- It will pop up a black dialogue box with a blinking cursor.
- In the box, type sfs/scannow and press the enter key.
- It will start scanning the issue. Once the issue is found, it will automatically fix the issues. This step will take some time. Please have patience.
- Once the process finishes, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks database server manager
To fix the issue, you can run the QuickBooks database server manager. Go through the below-mentioned steps:
- To start the process, open the program list and click on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, navigate to QuickBooks database server manager option.
- Moving ahead, tap on the add folder option and add the QuickBooks folder in the C drive.
- Finally, tap on the scan now tab and an automatic scan of company files will start.
Method 5: Create the folder in the C drive
You can simply fix the issue by creating a QB folder in the C drive. Create the below-mentioned folder:
- Add System
- Add user
For the created folders, you can provide the read/write permission. Also, you need to allow permissions for the entire folder list.
Method 6: Check and install the Windows Update
An outdated Window will also result in the error. Do follow the below-mentioned steps to perform an update procedure:
- Press the start button. Write an update in the search box and press the enter key.
- A dialogue box naming “Windows update” will show on the users screen.
- Check if any new update is visible. If yes, install the latest update.
Method 7: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks
If none of the above-mentioned works for you, then you can simply resolve the error by uninstalling and reinstalling the QB application in your system. The below-mentioned steps will help you accomplish the task:
- Open the control panel of the system and choose the programs and features option.
- In the programs window, pick the QuickBooks folder and right-click on it.
- After that, select the uninstall option to remove the program from your system.
Once the application is deleted, you need to reinstall the program again in your system. Visit the official website of Intuit and download the program from there. To install the application, search for the executable file and run it. Do not forget to follow the on-screen instructions to accomplish the task.
In a Nutshell
Summing it all up, QuickBooks can do wonders for your business. Yet at certain times, the powerful software may end up showing error 6144 82 on QuickBooks desktop. We have tried to scribble all the possible troubleshooting methods and hope you have successfully fixed your issue. However, in case the problem persists, or you are unable to implement the resolution method, then don’t waste your precious time searching. All you need is to get in touch with our QuickBooks Support and get an instant solution to your problem. Drop a mail, or talk to them over the phone; the choice is yours. Do not think too much; just reach us and leave the rest to our experts.