Quicken software is a personal financial management tool developed and managed by Intuit. Quicken is helping the users manage and handle all of their accounting tasks and a complete picture of the finance. Although Quicken has gained so much popularity, users still face many Quicken error codes while using the software. One of the most commonly faced errors is Quicken Error code 163. This blog might be important for you if you are also facing an error. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information about how to resolve the error.
What is Quicken Error Code 163?
Quicken error code 163 mainly arises when the user tries to process a print command, adding new accounts, syncing, opening, deleting, or exporting the account details. This error can also occur when the user tries to deactivate the accounts area unit. In that case, users have to access the duplicate files or restore the file backup so they can reactivate. Apart from that, let’s have a look at the reasons behind the occurrence of the error.
Possible Reasons Behind Quicken Error Code 163
Before following the procedure to fix Quicken error 163, let’s understand the possible reasons behind this error so that you can prevent the error from occurring again in the future.
- When the internet connection is working slow, or the connection is poor.
- A general issue with the PC’s hardware.
- The Quicken error 163 can also arise when the Quicken software has not been installed properly.
- When you are using an outdated version of the PC’s window.
- The background running antivirus software is not permitting the Quicken software to perform smoothly.
How to Identify Quicken Error Code 163?
In case your system is affected by the Quicken error code 163, then you will be able to notice the below-mentioned symptoms while operating the software.
- When you are facing challenges while importing and exporting the company’s files.
- Facing problems while creating a backup of the data of Quicken online.
- Not able to launch or use the Quicken software.
- Facing problems while creating a new user account in the Quicken software.
- The active running program is frequently crashing.
How to Fix Quicken Error Code 163
Let’s look at the solutions you can easily follow to resolve Quicken error code 163.
Step 1. Create New Folders in Program Files
The first step for troubleshooting Quicken Error 163 code is to create the new folders in the program files. For getting that done, below listed are the steps that you can follow to get it done.
- Firstly, open the Quicken software.
- Thereon, click on the Quicken setup or quicken.exe option.
- After that, click on the “Accept” option on the license agreement pop-up window.
- Click on the “Next” option and select the installation location option.
- Here, you may alter the location by selecting the “Change Install Location” option.
- Then change the location to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken 1.
- At last, complete this step by clicking on the “OK” option.
Step 2. Change Windows Permissions
The next step is to change the windows permissions on your PC. For that, below are the steps you can easily follow to complete the task.
For Windows 8 and 10
- Firstly, open the windows file explorer by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
- Then right, click on the local disk C option.
- Now, click on the “Properties” option, followed by a click on the “Security” tab option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Administrator” option.
- Then set the permissions level to the max, followed by a click on the “Advances” > “Change Permissions”.
- After that, select all the child object permissions entries and tap on the “Apply to save changes” option.
- At last, end this process with a click on the “OK” option.
For Windows 7
- Go to windows explorer and right-click on the local disk C option.
- Then click on the “Properties and Security” tab.
- Now, click on the “Administrator” option and check to mark the “Full Control” box to permit complete control.
- Click on the “Owner” tab and the “Edit” option.
- Then select the “Administrator” option.
- After that, mark the checkbox for the “Replace Owner on sub containers and objects” option.
- The next step is to save the updated changes by clicking on the “Apply Changes” option, followed by a click on the “OK” option.
- Again right, click on the “Local Disk C” icon and then click on the “Properties” option.
- Following the above steps, then navigate to the “Program Data” > “Security Tab” > “Advanced” option.
- At last, save the updated changes by clicking on the “Apply” option, followed by a click on the “OK” option.
Step 3. Make Necessary Permission Changes in Windows Run Command
The last step for solving the Quicken error code 163 is making necessary changes in the windows run command. For that, below are the steps you can easily follow to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, open the windows run command by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- In the insert box, type “CMD” in the search box and hit the enter button.
- Now, under the command prompt window, type icacls “C:\ Program Data” \T \ C? GRANT Administrator:
- At last, end this complete process by hitting the enter button.
Once you are done with the above steps, run the Quicken software and examine the presence of the Quicken error 163. After performing the above steps, the error must get resolved.
We hope you find this blog informative. Above, we have tried our best to provide you with authentic and useful information about how you can resolve the Quicken error code 163. In case you face any challenge while performing the steps mentioned above, or if you have any other query related to the topic, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can write us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We at Go Taxation are a team of experienced and professional software experts available 24×7 at the help desk to attend to your query.
For More Information Or help Contact Our Quicken Customer Service Number
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to get the Quicken installation on your PC, but if your PC does not support the CD drive, you can download the software at quicken.com/download. After that, you can follow the instructions and activation code provided on the CD to get the installation process completed.
In case you want to call the Quicken customer service phone number, then you can place a call at +1-844-508-2335. Their customer care team can pick up the calls 24×7.
Intuit offers the Quicken finance software for Windows and Mac users. Although, a free demo or trial version is not available for Quicken, and the users have to purchase a Quicken subscription to enjoy the seamless benefits.