When you try to update your QuickBooks Desktop, sometimes, you might end up with QuickBooks Error 12038. This error is a part of the 12xxx series and arises mainly due to inappropriate date/ time or internet connection setting issues. There are different other reasons as well that provoke such errors in your System. If you are a QuickBooks user with Error 12038 in your System, you can fix it with the help of this Blog.
Get rid of QuickBooks Error 12038 right now by speaking to our experts On QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
What are the flaws that cause QuickBooks Error 12038?
Before moving ahead with the troubleshooting, we first need to understand the reasons that provoke the Error 12038 in QuickBooks.
- You might have set an incorrect date and time on your System.
- In case QuickBooks is not able to identify your Internet Services.
- If you are using an unstable internet connection.
- You might have set up multiple versions of QuickBooks in the same System.
- Presence of a Firewall might also restrict the server connection at the time of the Update.
What are the Facts to Consider while Fixing QuickBooks Error 12038?
In this section of the Blog, we have mentioned a few points that you must take care of while fixing QuickBooks Error Code 12038.
- The internet speed must be greater than or equal to 28.8 kilobits per second (KB/s).
- In case you have installed the Download Accelerator in your System, disable it before downloading QuickBooks Update.
- Turn off parental safety before updating QuickBooks.
Generate a Company File Backup to safeguard your data while troubleshooting the error.
- Launch the QuickBooks Software.
- Navigate to the File option, and click on the Back Up Company button.
- Next, head to the Create Local Backup, and follow the on-screen prompt to create the Company File Backup.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12038?
After all the above discussion, we hope that now you have enough knowledge of the QuickBooks Error 12038. So, now let’s head towards its solution.
Solution 1: Verify the System’s Date and Time
While configuring the System, in case you have set up an incorrect time zone, then you have to reset it by following the given steps:
- Select the Date and Time button, present at the corner of the screen, and check if it is correct or not.
- If not, then press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run box./
- In the Search field, enter Control or Control Panel.
- Thereafter, first select the Clock and then the Region.
- Choose a Date and Time.
- Hit the Change Date and Time button, and make modifications to the date and time according to your time zone.
- Tap on Ok, and select the Change Time Zone option.
- Now, close the QuickBooks software, relaunch it again, and try to install the updates.
Note: This step is efficient for all Windows editions.
Solution 2: Reconfigure the Older QuickBooks Updates and Get the New One Downloaded
Alternatively, you can opt for the resetting of QuickBooks updates option and try to install new ones in your System.
- Initially, Launch the QuickBooks Desktop and head to the Help box.
- Now, navigate to the Update QuickBooks Desktop, and select the Update Now button.
- Make sure that the Reset Update option is selected, then choose the Get Update tab.
- Now wait for sometime, and let the QuickBooks Desktop update properly.
Solution 3: Shut Down all the QuickBooks Processes and Services.
Moving ahead in the process, the next step you can follow is closing the QuickBooks Processes and Services.
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Clt+Alt+Delete key.
- Thereon, when the Task Manager Windows appears on the screen, click on the Processes tab followed by hitting the End all the QuickBooks-Related Processes.
- Next, you have to do the same after choosing the Services tab.
- Now, once the QuickBooks Processes and Services are closed, try again to update QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Disable the Unauthorized Third-party Programs in your System
Another major reason that provokes QuickBooks Error 12038 is the presence of a third-party program. The third-party programs present in your System may disturb the QuickBooks processes. Thus disable all of them while installing the QuickBooks updates.
- Begin the process by opening the Task Manager.
- Thereafter, select the Processes button.
- Turn off all the processes that are linked with unimportant programs.
- At the End, relaunch QuickBooks and complete the update process.
Read Also- How to Rectify QuickBooks Update Error 12045?
Solution 5: Rectify the Internet Settings.
Firstly you have to know if your Internet Connection is at fault or not.
- Launch any Web Browser and check the Bank’s official website, like chase.com and others. In case you can’t open that website, then you have to call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask for his help.
- However, if you can open the Bank’s website easily, then check the below-given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop, and head to the Help button.
- Next, you have to click on the Internet Connection Setup and select My Computer’s Internet Connection Settings to Establish a Connection when this Application Accesses the Internet tab.
- Moving ahead, tap on Next, followed by choosing the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab, then hit on Restore Advanced Settings.
- Tap on Apply and click on Ok.
- Lastly, select Done, and turn off QuickBooks.
Relaunch the Software, and try to install the updates again.
Solution 6: Generate a New Rule for QuickBooks.exe Files
If you are facing this Error 12038 in QuickBooks due to the presence of a Firewall in your devices. Then resolve it by following the given steps:
- Start the process by pressing the Windows key.
- Now, in the search box, look for Firewall.
- Launch the Windows Firewall, and head towards the Advanced Settings.
- Next, you have to go to the inbound Rules button.
- Thereon, right-click on the Inbound Rule and select an option to generate New Rule.
- Select the Program and tap on Next.
- Hit the Browse option and select the following files that are linked with the QuickBooks program:
AutoBackupExe.exe, Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileManagement.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBLaunch.exe, etc.
- Moving ahead, hit on the All the Connection tab.
- Tap on the Next tab, create a new rule, and provide them with new names.
- The user will then perform the steps to create an Outbound Rules.
Solution 7: Delete the Duplicate Version of QuickBooks
If you have a duplicate version of QuickBooks software in your System, that might end you up with QuickBooks Update Error Code 12038. Thus delete them before reattempting the download.
- Click on the Start button and open the Control panel.
- Heads toward the Program and Features tab and look if there is any duplicate version of the QuickBooks Program available in the menu.
- In case you find any duplicate copy, uninstall it immediately by selecting its icon and hitting on Uninstall/ Change button.
- Thereafter, choose the Uninstall tab, and remove that copy of QuickBooks removed from your device.
- Next, launch QuickBooks and go to the Help button.
- Lastly, choose the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Here we are concluding our Blog. We hope that you get the proper solution for QuickBooks error 12038. However, if you need any additional help, you can simply use the Live Chats option and consult our QuickBooks experts Team. These experts are available 24*7 to help you out.