Most of the time, users need to remove TurboTax Deluxe if they don’t wish to use the software anymore. But, they find the process of uninstalling the Program a little tricky. So, to make it easier for them, we have elaborated the proper setup of instructions to remove the TurboTax Deluxe. Go through this entire post, and you will gather all the essential details required.
Note: The user can easily uninstall the software using the Control panel, but at times, the supporting files of the app will remain in the System. These files can damage your System and reduce its performance. Thus, you must have to remove these files as well.
Want to Remove the TurboTax Deluxe immediately from your Device? Call on @1844-508-2335 and get instant help from a TurboTax expert.
How to Remove TurboTax Deluxe for Windows?
No matter whatever reason is behind the uninstallation of the TurboTax software. You can go through this blog section to learn the procedure of removing TurboTax Deluxe from your Windows device.
Step 1: Remove TurboTax Deluxe with the help of the Control Panel
The process to uninstall the TurboTax Deluxe software differs according to the Windows version you are using.
Steps for Windows 8
- Begin the process by pressing the Start icon.
- Now navigate to the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features tab.
- Thereafter, check the list of options, then right-click on TurboTax and uninstall it.
- Wait for some time so that the uninstallation of the Program will be complete.
- Lastly, reboot your Device.
Steps for Windows 10
- Start the process by hitting the System.
- Moving ahead, select the Apps and Features tab.
- Now, select TurboTax, and hit the Uninstall button.
- Reboot your System.
After restarting the System, check if the TurboTax Program has been removed from your Device. In addition to that, you have to check the TurboTax installation folder as well. You can find it in the C drive program File.
Here in the Program File, look for a file named uninstall.exe. In case you find it, double-click on it to start the default Uninstaller and delete the TurboTax Software from your Windows Device.
Step 2: Delete all the Leftover files and folders related to the Program
The above steps will help you uninstall the TurboTax software from the Control panel, but this doesn’t end your job. Now, you have to remove all the temporary files, cache folders, setup files, and registry entries that are related to TurboTax software.
i) Remove the Registry entries
The first thing you need to do is delete the Windows Registry entry. You can do so by following the given instructions:
- Begin the process by right-clicking on the Start icon.
- Thereafter click on the Run tab.
- Write down “Regedit” in the required field and hit Enter to start the Registry Editor.
- Choose the Edit menu and look for the Find Button at the Bottom.
- Write down the keyword of the TurboTax in the required Box, then select the Find Next tab.
- Remove all unwanted and incorrect data.
Note: Be careful while deleting the Windows Registry, as it is a database that has collected all the important configuration files.
ii) Remove all the Hidden Files and Folders
Now, lastly, you have to delete all the Hidden Files and Folders that are linked with TurboTax Software.
- Start the process by right-clicking on the Start Button.
- Choose Control Panel, and go to Appearance and Personalization.
- Tap on the Folder tab, and click on the View button.
- Select the Show Hidden Files folder and drives section.
- Move ahead by right-clicking on all the files in this folder.
- Thereafter, tap on Uninstall button and immediately navigate to the C drive.
- In the C Drive, follow the path as Program Files\ Document\Settings\All Users\Application Data\ Documents\Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
- Now, find all the files that are linked with TurboTax and delete it one by one.
- Once you have deleted all the items, go to the Trash Folder.
Note: Make sure the Trash folder has nothing left related to TurboTax.
- Lastly, restart your System to refresh it completely.
How to Remove TurboTax Deluxe from Mac Devices?
In the case of Mac devices, the uninstallation process is a little easier if compared to Windows. However, new Mac users may not agree with this. Thus if you are a newbie, check the steps discussed below to remove TurboTax Deluxe from your Mac device.
Step 1: Delete TurboTax Deluxe Software from Mac
- Initiate the process by selecting the Finder option.
- Thereon, look for Applications and choose TurboTax Deluxe and swipe its icon to the Trash icon.
Note: You can also do the same by right-clicking on the TurboTax program, then clicking on the Move to Trash option.
- Now, you have to enter the Administrative Security pin.
- Lastly, choose the Finder and Clear Trash using the Menu bar.
Note: The Program can also be removed using the Launchpad interface.
Step 2: Remove supporting files of TurboTax from the Mac device
Now, to delete all the TurboTax supporting files to protect your Mac from any harm, you can check the information given below:
- Tap on Finder and click on the Go tab.
- Enter /Library in the Go folder box.
- Thereafter Hit the Enter button.
- When the /Library folder appears on your screen, look for the Search box and enter the keywords related to TurboTax in it.
- Now, click on Library present next to the Search option.
- Here, a list of all the files and directories will appear on your screen; review and pick those that match your keyword.
- Now, choose the Move to Trash button.
- You have to do the same process repeatedly to remove all the TurboTax leftovers on the ~/Library files or directory.
- Once you delete all the supporting files of TurboTax Deluxe from your Mac, empty the Trash folder as well, and restart your Device.
At this point of the Article, we hope that you will now remove the TurboTax Deluxe program easily from your Device. However, if you find difficulties while following any step, reach out to GoTaxation professional using the Live Chat option (Help Box) given at the Bottom of the page. You can even mail us your Query and get a step-by-step solution.