TurboTax is one of the most trustworthy tax calculation software that lets users file their taxes appropriately. Moreover, it also helps users in filing state and federal tax returns. Also, this software is known widely for accurate tax calculations. To access the TurboTax application, you are supposed to sign into your account with the correct login details.
At times, users need to delete the TurboTax account when they don’t want to use their account further and want to keep their tax-related details in a safe place. However, go through the post if you are looking for the stepwise instructions to delete the TurboTax account.
“Are you seeking instant help to delete the TurboTax account? If that’s so, get in touch with our experts by dialing @+1-844-508-2335 and resolving your query.”
Reasons Why You Want to Delete TurboTax Account
There are plenty of reasons why users have to delete their TurboTax account. Therefore, to guide you with all such reasons, we have described some below.
• Deciding TurboTax isn’t the right fit for your business:-
For instance, you must register into your TurboTax account to discover whether you need more assistance using the application. Also, you have made up your mind to take advantage of the services of a taxpayer.
• Dissatisfied with the TurboTax Services:-
Sometimes, the users wish to delete their TurboTax account when they feel that the application services need to fit better as per their needs and requirements. Thus, the users don’t want to leave their sensitive tax details to remain on any unused account.
• Set the limitations for the unused online accounts:-
Also, you want to delete the account when you don’t want to utilize the TurboTax account anymore. Thus, the users don’t want to keep crucial tax-related information in case of a security threat.
What are the different ways to delete TurboTax Account?
The users might have to delete their TurboTax account when they don’t like the services of the application or due to many other reasons. If you also want to delete the account, you can do the same using different methods.
We have listed stepwise instructions below to get a clear insight into all such methods. The steps for every method may differ; apply the instructions according to the method you opt to remove the account.
Method 1: Manual Deletion of the TurboTax Account
Do you need to learn about the fact of manual deletion of the TurboTax account? If that’s so, then go through the below-listed points.
1. To begin the process, you have to sign into your TurboTax account.
2. After this, hover your cursor over the “Take me to my return” option.
3. Following this, from the top of the screen, opt for the “my available account” option.
4. Now, from the Return menu, navigate to the My Available present at the top and click on it.
5. As a result, you will be displayed with a confirmation window. In that window, give consent by tapping on the Yes option.
6. Once the process is completed, all the data stored in the TurboTax account will eventually be removed. Moreover, it also removes all your tax-related information stored in the application.
Method 2: Delete the TurboTax Account by sending an email
Below we have listed the steps to cancel the TurboTax account. Ensure that you perform the steps in the same manner as written below.
1. Firstly, you must sign into your TurboTax account using the correct login credentials.
2. After that, use your email to send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Also, you must ensure that you enter “Request to delete my account” in the subject column.
3. Now, you must describe why you want to delete your TurboTax account.
4. Once you have filled in all the mandatory details in your email, you must send it to accomplish the process.
Method 3: Start Over and Delete Your TurboTax Account
The users who have purchased the subscription to the TurboTax Desktop version can only use this method to delete the TurboTax account.
- In the initial stage, log in to your TurboTax account with the correct login details.
- Afterwards, head towards the My Account option and then click on it.
- After this, hover your cursor over the Take me to Return option and click on the Start Over option.
- Now, tap on the Yes option in the confirmation window on your screen.
- Next, the TurboTax will prompt you to pick the product from the list of options available on the screen. These options may include
◦ CD/Download Mac
◦ Mobile app
◦ CD/Download Windows
◦ I don’t know
- Subsequently, you have to tap on “I need to delete my account permanently”.
- Move ahead by selecting the Continue option present at the right corner of the screen.
- Later, you must fill in personal details such as email address, phone number, name, etc.
- Then, hit the “Get Your Phone Number” option to call on that number.
- At last, once you receive the call on that number, they will initiate your application for deletion. You have to wait for some time as the account will take the normal processing time to delete the TurboTax account.
Procedure to Cancel or Deactivate your TurboTax Account
The users can cancel or deactivate their TurboTax account by visiting the Control Panel.
1. Before diving into the procedure, ensure you have closed all the TurboTax programs.
2. After this, type “Control Panel” within the search column of the Start menu. Then, hit the Enter key, which will take you to the Control Panel window.
3. Then, move to the Programs and Features section. It will display all the applications that are installed in your system.
4. You must select the TurboTax application, right-click on it and then opt for the Uninstall option.
5. As a result, it will remove the TurboTax application from your device.
Summing It Up!
We hope you find this blog helpful, and now you can easily delete the TurboTax account. Thus, it helps you in protecting your tax-related data from hackers. However, you can contact our TurboTax support team if you get stuck at any of the above-listed methods. You can access the email or live chat facility to reach out to our experts.
Read also- installturbotax.com