No wonder TurboTax is the top-class tax filing software used by millions of people. Despite being powerful software, it is too prone to errors. Turbo Tax users encounter various errors while using the software. One such error that users face is TurboTax Error 42016. Though it is a run time error, it needs to be addressed immediately. The solutions to resolve the error are quite simple and easy to follow.
Stuck in TurboTax Error Code 42016? Call our Experts Today @+1-844-508-2335 and Get the Problem Fixed Immediately.
If you, too, have encountered with this critical error and are looking for a reliable blog that addresses all your queries. Then, this blog is meant for you. This blog explains the meaning of the error, its causes, symptoms to identify the error, and the effective solutions.
What is TurboTax Error Code 42016?
It is a run time error. A dialogue box will appear on the screen having the following message “TurboTax Error 42016 occurred: Application encountered with a problem and will close.”.
The error usually means that some issue occurs in the application when the user is trying to run the application. When the user receives this error, it will slow down the system performance resulting in the loss of essential tax files. Though it is a run time error, it annoys the users as it crashes the application or the Turbo Tax fails to start. This type of error needs to be handled immediately and in the correct manner.
What are the Early Signs and Symptoms of TurboTax Error Code 42016?
If your QuickBooks shows the below-cited symptoms, then your application is surely affected by the error:
- The system crashes whenever you try to open the application.
- Your application automatically shuts down without showing any early warnings.
- The system freezes, and you are unable to perform any action.
- Some of the users feel there is a sudden drop in internet connectivity.
- Your system shows the error message code.
What are the Prominent Causes Behind the TurboTax Error Code 42016?
As it is a run time error, the cause of the error is different for each user. Though in this blog, we have tried to summarize some of the prominent causes that trigger the error..
The main reasons which lead to the error are:
- Maybe you are using the older version of Turbo Tax.
- There is a high possibility that your graphic drivers are outdated or got corrupted.
- You have downloaded the TurboTax inappropriately, or some interruption occurs at the time of download.
- There is a problem with the internet connection.
- Other programs are running in the background, which is incompatible with Turbo Tax.
- Your system is affected by the virus or malware.
- The error occurs when Microsoft. Net Framework is missing.
- There is a conflict in the Windows registry, or any of the Windows registry keys are deleted by another program.
Whatever may be the reason behind the occurrence of the error, it needs to be fixed immediately.
Read also- TurboTax Error 1603
Easy Solutions to Fix TurboTax Error Code 42016
There is more than one solution that the user can pick to fix the TurboTax Error. Some of the methods are common and can be easily implemented by the individual, while the others are complex and need the proper guidance of an expert.
Common Method to Resolve the error
Perform the below-mentioned common steps to resolve the critical error:
- Windows Update: Make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows. In case if not, then download the update patch and install it.
- Check Internet Connection: The slow internet connection may also result in the error. Please ensure that you are using a high-speed internet connection that is stable.
- Update Turbo Tax: If you are using the older version of Turbo Tax, it will lead to this critical error. So, to resolve the error, please update the Turbo Tax to its latest version.
You have already implemented the above-stated common methods to resolve the issue. However, if you are still stuck in the error, then implement the other solutions to resolve the critical error.
Solution 1: Reinstall the Graphic Drivers
The corrupted or damaged graphic driver may result in the error. In order to fix the critical error, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the device manager on your Pc and locate the graphic driver.
- Right-click on the video card driver to proceed further.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process completes, reboot your computer.
- Again reinstall the graphic driver to complete the process and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Fix the Internet Explorer Related Run Time Error
Fix the Internet Explorer issues to resolve the issue. The below-mentioned steps will help you to troubleshoot your problem:
To Restore Browser
- Go to the control panel of the system by clicking on the Windows start button.
- In the control panel, go to the advance tab and then navigate to the internet options.
- After that, click on the reset button.
To Disable Script Debugging Error Notification
- In the Internet Options Window, go to the Disable script debugging option.
- To move forward, go to the advance tab.
- In this, make sure you have checked the “Radio” button.
- The next thing you have to take care of is to uncheck the “display a notification for every error” box.
- Lastly, click on the apply changes option to implement the change.
- To sum up, the process, tap on the “OK” button.
Solution 3: Close the Conflicting Programs
There may be the possibility that some of the conflicting programs are running in the background that are incompatible with each other. To resolve the error, you need to stop the incompatible programs.
The steps to end the conflicting programs are as follows:
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons together to open the task manager.
- Once the task manager is opened, you will have a list of currently running programs.
- Move to the processes tab and close the conflicting programs one by one. To stop the conflicting programs, you have to pick the program and tap on the end process tab.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Run Time Libraries
You may receive the error due to the improper installation of an update like MS Visual C++. To resolve the error, you need to uninstall the older one and reinstall the new run time libraries. The steps that might be helpful for you are:
- In the programs and features, go to the install/uninstall programs.
- Look for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package and uninstall the program.
- After the uninstallation, reboot your system.
- Again download the correct and the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package and re-install it in your system.
Solution 5: Update your Antivirus Program
The Antivirus programs might sometimes result in this error. Make sure that you have an updated version of the Antivirus programs. In case you are using the latest antivirus software and are still facing the issue, then there might be the possibility that your Windows is outdated. Check for the latest Windows update and update it.
Solution 6: Perform a Run Disk Clean up
The low or very less disk free space may result in the error To resolve the issue, you need to run a disk clean-up and free some memory space. The below-mentioned steps help you in performing disk clean-up.
- Take the backup of your tax files.
- Clear the caches of your system.
- To perform the disk cleanup, go to the file explorer folder and pick the C drive or the main directory of your system.
- Right-click on the main directory folder and choose the properties.
- In the properties, pick the disk clean-up option.
- Press the enter key to initiate the disk clean-up process.
Wrapping It Up
Inevitably Turbo Tax is a powerful tool having advance tax preparing and filing tools. However, the reliable tool may sometimes face various errors. The on-time resolution of each error is a must so that you may continue to work in a seamless manner. Facing the TurboTax Error Code 42016 irritates the users. We hope that the steps mentioned in the blog help you in fixing the TurboTax Error. In case you are still receiving the Turbo tax error, talk to our experts and get immediate help.
Read also- InstallTurbotax com
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a run time error and happens at the time of running the application. You can implement various troubleshooting methods to resolve the error.
In case you are still facing the error even after implementing the resolution methods, you need to get in touch with our experts immediately.
Yes, to avail of our services, you need to pay us. You can opt for the best suitable plan among the various plans.
Turbo tax strictly follows the IRS guidelines> In most cases, the users receive the error when their two-letter state abbreviation does not match with the Zip Code.