Payroll is one of the most important features of QuickBooks that enables users to pay their employees on time. To enhance the better experience of QuickBooks Payroll, it is advised to update it timely. But, at times, the users might strike with QuickBooks Error PS032 while downloading the latest QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. The following error message comes into view on the occurrence of the error:
“[PS032] QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. Note the message number at the beginning of this message, click Help for troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem.”
However, it is essential to figure out the QuickBooks Error Code PS032 to continue your payroll-related tasks without further delays. Read the entire blog attentively to get in-depth information on how to overcome the error.
Unable to process the payroll due to QuickBooks Error PS032? If yes, don’t panic and dial @1844-508-2335 to connect with our professionals for instant resolution.
Reasons Why You End Up With QuickBooks Error Code PS032
We understand that it gets quite annoying for the users when they come across QuickBooks Error PS032 while accessing the payroll. Therefore, to fix the issue, it is essential to know the root causes of the error, which are as follows;
- Inappropriate billing information is one of the reasons that might lead to Error PS032 in QuickBooks.
- Another reason may be damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- There might be the possibility that you haven’t registered your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- A firewall or third-party security application interrupts QuickBooks from getting the latest updates.
Key Points You Must Know Before Fixing QuickBooks Error PS032
Here, we have mentioned some essential key points using which you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error PS032.
- Check that you are utilizing the active QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Always keep a copy of the QuickBooks company file so that you can use the backup file if the original file gets damaged.
- To receive the latest security updates, you must update the QuickBooks Desktop to the currently available version.
- Verify that you have installed only one version of the QuickBooks software on your device.
Verified Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032
Here, we have described some tried and tested solutions using which you can easily handle QuickBooks Error PS032. Ensure you apply the steps in the same order as written below.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Examine Your Billing Details
As stated above, the users might end up with QuickBooks Error PS032 while adding the wrong billing information. Therefore, it is best to check the billing information by applying the steps below to avoid this issue.
- In the initial stage, press the F2 key to bring up the Product Information window on your screen.
- From the following screen, note down the QuickBooks License number displayed on the screen and check it twice for further discrepancies.
- After this, tap the OK button and shut down the Product Information window.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Utilize the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool
Sometimes the users might get QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032 due to the damaged company file. So, to repair the damaged data file, make use of the Verify and Rebuild data tool by following the instructions below.
- Begin the process by clicking on the File tab followed by Utilities option.
- Soon after this, choose Verify Data and wait for the application to wind up the process.
- Suppose if you receive the message stating, ‘Your data has lost integrity you need to rebuild your data”. In such a scenario, return to the File menu and opt for Utilities.
- Proceed further by choosing the Rebuild Data option and clicking OK when prompted to open the data file.
- Next, tap OK when you get the message on your screen stating: “Rebuild has completed.”
- End the process by running the Verify Data Utility by using the above two steps.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Turn Off the User Account Control
- Primarily, open the Run command window by typing Run into the search column of the Windows Start menu.
- In the upcoming screen, write “Control Panel” within the search field and click the OK button to move further.
- Consequently, it will take you to the new screen where you must type User Accounts into the Search column of the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Change User Account Control Settings and click the Yes button.
- Later, you must move your slider towards the “Never Notify” option to switch off the User Account Control Settings.
- At last, restart your computer and try downloading the updated QuickBooks Payroll version.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Assign a Different Name to CPS Folder
- To begin with, launch File Explorer using the shortcut keys i.e, Windows + E, from your keyboard.
- After that, tap on the drop-down menu to choose “This PC” option.
- Move to the local C: drive and proceed to the next step.
- You can also search for the program files by accessing the Program Files folder if you cannot locate them.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop folder where you saved the file you are presently using.
- Thereafter, access the components and move to the payroll folder.
- You must pick the renamed folder by right-clicking on the CPS folder.
- Next, try to change the name of the CPS folder by adding CPSOLD and hitting the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks Desktop application and generate a new CPS folder.
- Finally, begin using the payroll tax table update just after downloading it and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
This is all about QuickBooks Error PS032, and we hope the solutions listed above will help you deal with this error. However, if you are still stuck with the same error and need expert’s help, then consult with GoTaxation professionals through the live chat facility.