QuickBooks not responding error can prevent users from running QuickBooks Desktop smoothly. QuickBooks provides incredible features for the management of personal, business, and tax-related financial matters. It is a downloadable desktop software that offers different versions you can choose from based on your business accounting needs. However, QuickBooks has stopped working issue can prevent users from using these amazing features of the program.
Need our experts to guide you with the QuickBooks not responding issue? Get instant help by dialing our helpline number +1-844-508-2335.
About QuickBooks Not Working Error
QuickBooks Not Responding error could have been caused by a number of different factors. As a result, there are different ways to troubleshoot this problem. When the error takes place, it hinders an ongoing task in the program and makes it sluggish. If you follow the instructions described in this post, you will eliminate the risk of the software displaying the QuickBooks is not responding issue. Carry out the steps outlined for you so that you can get rid of this error.
Underlying Causes Behind the Error That Says QuickBooks Isn’t Responding?
If you are having an issue that is comparable to the one described above, it could be because of one of the following reasons:
- Sometimes, the length of your company name exceeds what is required.
- The data on a hard disc has been corrupted.
- Corrupted program files or an improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Windows OS may be damaged.
- Inconsistency among various programs.
- Sometimes it can be an installation error promoting program issues.
- Some program files are damaged.
- First of all, you need to restart your computer.
- Relaunch the accounting software QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Is Not Working Error
When you can immediately identify an error in QuickBooks, it becomes easy for you to resolve the error with ease. Below are some of the main symptoms of QuickBooks not responding issue:
- QuickBooks becomes non-responsive as soon as you open the program.
- The program lags when it needs to respond to the mouse or keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks closes abruptly without giving any error message.
- QuickBooks stops without even loading the dashboard, giving a warning message text on your screen.
- Slow performance of other Windows-based applications on the machine.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding Issue
How To Eliminate The QuickBooks Is Not Opening Issue?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, follow the below-explained solutions to eradicate them:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostics Tool can find and fix common installation issues in the program. To run it, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the installer file.
- Install the tool by implementing the given instructions and agree to the terms to make it work.
- When in Tool Hub, select Program Installation Issues, and it will enable you to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When you run the tool, it may take up to 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the severity of the damage.
- Once the installation error is resolved, your computer and then open QuickBooks once more. If QuickBooks is not responding at this point, move on to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Method 2: Delete the File Titled “Entitlement Data Store.ecml.”
If the information that was entered during the process of installing QuickBooks is incorrect or if the file that contains the information is corrupted, QuickBooks will display the error message. The error message reads – Delete Entitlement Data Store.ecml file. To get the job done, you will need to open the file in order to get rid of the error. Follow the steps below in order to successfully delete the Entitlement Data Store.ecml file:
- It is necessary for you to close the QuickBooks file in the first place.
- Then go to the Windows Start menu and select the Run option.
- Make sure to copy and paste the information into the box labeled “Run.”
- Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, and select “Delete” from the menu that appears.
- If removing the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file does not fix the problem, you should try the third solution method instead.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 1646
Method 3: Start-Up The Refresher Tool For QuickBooks.
If the QuickBooks not responding error continues, you need to start the Refresher tool by implementing the below-explained steps:
- Put an end to your work in QuickBooks and close the program before you begin.
- After that, you will need to download the QuickBooks refresher tool and then store the file on the computer.
- When the download is finished, you can now proceed to the next step by selecting the “Run” option to launch the QBRefresher tool.
- Simply select “Fix my QuickBooks” using a single mouse click. The troubleshooting tool will now automatically diagnose the problem and then attempt to fix it on its own.
- The final step is to launch QuickBooks and check on the problem.
You have just read the three methods to resolve the error along with the causes. If you can’t fix the issues using this method, try the next one.
Method 4: Scan & Repair Bas Sectors On Your System’s Hard Drive
Bad sectors on the hard drive are also one of the main reasons behind the arrival of the error. In such a case, you need to scan and repair it to get rid of the error by following the below-given steps:
- Open Windows File Manager (Windows + E) and then right-click the C drive.
- Here, you need to select Properties and then click the Check now option located underneath the Tools.
- Mark the checkboxes against the “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” options.
- In the end, click Start and wait until Windows finishes the scan and repair process.
The solutions discussed in this post can help you to troubleshoot the QuickBooks not responding issue. For further assistance, you can chat with us or get a call back by sending us an email. Our experts will respond to you in a prompt manner and let you run QuickBooks smoothly.