Isn’t it frustrating when you’re trying to access your QB web database, but QuickBooks fails to do so? If it’s frequently happening, it’s due to the QuickBooks error 6094, and this needs to be rectified immediately. The error disturbs the user when trying to use or access their QB company data file. The constant occurring error can worsen the user experience and cause them to face poor application performance. Don’t worry! There are various reasons for this error that we will discuss further in this blog post. So, let’s continue and learn everything about the error.
If you have noticed the QuickBooks error code 6094 and are seeking professional assistance to resolve it, contact +1-844-508-2335 our QuickBooks experts! They will assist you with their expert guidance and help you dismiss the issue.
Signs To Determine QuickBooks Error 6094
In case you are suspicious about the QuickBooks error code 6094, take a look at the following symptoms to determine the QuickBooks error 6094:
- In case you’re unable to get access to your QuickBooks company data file, this indicates the QuickBooks company file error 6094.
- Another sign of noticing QuickBooks company file error 6094 is the frequent connection failure of your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- If your Windows starts shutting down harshly and fails to restart, this also can help you sense the error code 6094 in QuickBooks.
- You can also get an idea about the presence of the error by noticing the update issue in your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- If your screen keeps on loading even after a few mouse clicks and keyboard tabs, it also indicates the error code 6094.
What Reasons Can Cause QuickBooks Company File Error 6094?
It’s better to understand the reasons for any QuickBooks error to reach its roots and then continue to eliminate it. We have written some general causes of QuickBooks company file error 6094; continue reading them:
- QuickBooks company file error code 6094 occurs due to the interruptions of the Antivirus software programs, including AVG Antivirus, PC Tools Internet Security, and SpyHunter Malware Blocking.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is facing issues starting, it can trigger the QuickBooks error code 6094.
- Another reason for the QuickBooks company file error code 6094 is the blocking of the essential QuickBooks program, including QBDBMGRN.exe and QBCF monitor service program.
Solution Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6094
Troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 6094 is not a complicated deal if you focus on the solutions mentioned below. However, create a backup of your QuickBooks company data files in advance to protect your data from any potential threat or failure. Follow these steps to back up your QuickBooks company data:
- First, open your QuickBooks desktop software, and go to the File section to continue clicking the Backup Company.
- After this, go to the Create Local Backup option, and here, you will be directed through some brief steps to create a QuickBooks company file backup. Continue to follow those instructions.
Now, continue to execute the following troubleshooting solutions to configure the Antivirus program and internet security settings to rectify the QuickBooks Desktop error code 6094.
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Restrict QuickBooks Directory Scanning to Avoid Antivirus Program Interruption.
As discussed above, the Antivirus program marks the QuickBooks files as threat files and so eventually blocks them. That’s why you need to modify the antivirus program settings so your antivirus does not examine the QB directory; therefore, your QuickBooks files won’t fall in the blocked programs list.
Execute the following steps accordingly for the antivirus software that you are using:
Steps For AVG Antivirus
- First, you need to close your QuickBooks desktop software and open your AVG Antivirus User Interface.
- Now, open the Resident Shield tab by double-clicking and choosing the Manage Exception option from the drop-down menu.
- After this, click the Add Path option and visit the folder where you installed your QuickBooks software to add that folder path. Usually, C:\Program Files\Intuit is the path where you can find the folder. But, if you have installed it on any other folder, enter those path details to reach the folder.
- Eventually, click the OK button and press Save to set your recent settings and changes.
- Now, restore all your QuickBooks company data files that your AVG Antivirus software program has isolated.
Steps for PC Tool Internet Security
- First of all, you are required to navigate to the program dashboard and click the Settings option.
- In the next step, you need to search for the Global Action List and continue to open it.
- In the next step, add all the QuickBooks company data files and folders you want to withdraw from being scanned.
- Finally, you have to click the OK button to confirm and set all the changes.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Restore QuickBooks Company Data Files from the Quarantine list
In case your antivirus security program has already marked the QuickBooks data files as threat files, your QuickBooks software will not be able to use or access the company data file. Eventually, it will bring the QuickBooks error 6094 to your system. To resolve this, you are required to restore the QuickBooks data files from the quarantine list and change their names.
For AVG Antivirus Software Program
- To start this, firstly, open your AVG antivirus software and click the History button from the software program’s dashboard.
- In the next step, go to the Virus Vault option and search for the QuickBooks company data files starting from QB, i.e., qb.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, qbw32.exe.
- Continue to the step and select all such QuickBooks files and click on the Restore and Close option.
Rename the restored QuickBooks files.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Visit the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks folder path and look for the data files with revised names. For instance, QBW32_AVG_RESTORED.
- In this step, rename the filename back to the original name, such as qbw32.exe.
- After this, open your QuickBooks Desktop software and put an end to this procedure.
For PC Tool Internet Security
- First of all, you need to open your PC Tool Internet Security Software and click the Settings option to select the Quarantine option.
- Herein, you have to search for QuickBooks files, and once you get them, click them to continue further.
- After this, click the Restore option, tap the Yes button, and finally, click the OK one.
- To begin this procedure, you are required to first open your software and click the System Guard.
- In the next step, go to the User-Added option and search for the QuickBooks files in the given list.
- If you find any QuickBooks files in the list, set the status to Allowed of that very QuickBooks file.
- If you don’t find any QuickBooks files in the list under the User-Added menu, go back and search for PUP.
- If you see any QuickBooks files blocked under PUP, again set the Allowed status for the same.
Now check if the QuickBooks error code 6094 is still occurring or not. If yes, try another troubleshooting method and solve the error.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Fix Your QuickBooks Desktop Software
There can be a possibility that your QuickBooks Desktop software has been corrupted, and consequently, it can’t access the company data file. In such a case, you must rectify the QuickBooks company file error code 6094 by repairing your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- First, you have to check whether you have installed QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC. If not, first download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After installing the QB tool hub, double-click the shortcut icon of the Tool Hub and continue to open it.
- Now, check for the Program Problems option and continue to click the Quick Fix My Program tool. This tool will fix all your general application program errors.
- In the next step, go to the Installation Issues option in QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to manage the triggering problems with the software installation that might cause error code 6094 in your QuickBooks software.
Troubleshooting Method 4 – Update Your QuickBooks Desktop Software to the Latest Releases
Sometimes, the outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop may miss the essential aspects and cause users to face errors such as QuickBooks error 6094 while accessing the company file. That’s why you must opt to update the software and avoid such glitches.
- Go to the Help menu of the QuickBooks Desktop and select the option of Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the next step, click the Update Now option followed by clicking the Get Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Check for the available updates, and if you see any available QuickBooks updates, continue to download and install them.
- Make sure you reboot your device after completing the installation of the Update.
Troubleshooting Method 5 – Fix the QB Error by Updating your Current Windows Edition
Likewise, QuickBooks software update is essential; updating your Windows is also crucial to stay safe from potential QB errors. Follow the instructions written below and update your Windows:
- Go to the Start menu of your Windows and write Updates in the Search bar to check for the available Windows updates.
- If you see any Windows updates are available, continue to start with the Windows updates installed.
- Once the Windows update is done, make sure to reboot your device.
The Final Thoughts..!
Hopefully, this comprehensive blog on QuickBooks error 6094 has helped you troubleshoot this issue. If you are still facing the error and can’t overcome it on your own, reach out to our QuickBooks Support phone number for their professional guidance and assistance.