Unable to login TurboTax account? Read this post until the end to learn the possible reasons and resolution of TurboTax login issues.
TurboTax is one of the most accredited tax preparation software that helps taxpayers record their federal and state taxes with the utmost ease. Its incredible tax preparation framework makes it one of the most preferred applications among the taxpayers. Its user-friendly interface helps those users who don’t know much about the tax filing system. However, when logging into your TurboTax account, you may experience trouble sometimes. What to do in such a case? Fret not! Read this full post to dig the possible reasons along with their relevant and effective solutions.
Possible Reasons Behind TurboTax Login Not Working Problem
TurboTax login issues can be annoying as they lock you out of your account, and you may not be able to perform any task from within the program. Below are some of the main reasons that evoke the login issues in TurboTax:
- TurboTax forgot password is one of the main reasons behind the error.
- Erroneous configuration in the system can also evoke login issues.
- The password you are entering is expired.
How To Fix Can’t Sign Into TurboTax Error?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error let’s proceed further toward the error resolution. Below are some of the best solutions that can help you sign in to your TurboTax account so that you can get back to your account:
Solution 1: Check If Reinstalling The TurboTax Software Helps
In the first solution, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program and check if it resolves the login issues. Below are the steps:
Steps To Uninstall
- In the first place, you need to terminate the TurboTax program if it is open.
- Next, click the Windows icon on your computer and go to the Control Panel.
- In Windows 8, you can access the Control Panel by pressing the Windows + X keys together.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall a Program. If you are unable to locate this feature, select Programs and Features.
- Here, you can select the TurboTax version that you want to remove.
- Select it and hit Remove, Change, or Uninstall option.
- In the end, click Uninstall TurboTax option from within the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen.
Steps To Reinstall
- On your computer, click the Windows icon and then select Control Panel.
- Next, select Uninstall a Program.
- When a list of the installed program appears on your screen, select TurboTax and then select Remove, Change, or Uninstall option.
- Here, you need to perform the instructions given on the screen cautiously to uninstall the software.
- Moving ahead, restart your computer and install the program using CD or download.
- Finally, update the program to finish the task.
Try to log into TurboTax and check if the error is fixed or not. If the TurboTax login track my refund issue persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clear Cookies and Cache on your Browser
Internet browsers, such as Chrome, save some data of a website you visit in the form of cookies and cache. It helps the browser to load the website faster when opening the website next time. However, piling up the cookies and cache can evoke multi-faceted issues with your browser’s performance. In such a case, clearing them can resolve the TurboTax login error. Follow the below-given steps for the Chrome browser:
- First thing first, open your Chrome browser.
- Next, click on More >> More tools >> Clear browsing data.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the time range wherein, select “All Time,” and it will delete everything.
- Before you proceed further, make sure that checkboxes for Cookies, Cache, and other side data are marked.
- In order to confirm, you need to click on the Clear button.
Solution 3: Perform Your Account Recovery Process
Before you proceed any further with the account recovery process, make sure that you have a strong and stable Internet connection. Below is how you will recover your account:
- Turn your computer on and then open the TurboTax application.
- Now on the Account Recovery page, you will be prompted to recover your password using three procedures.
- Provide your email, phone number, and a security question with an answer.
- After providing this information, follow the instructions given on your screen.
- If you want to recover your account password using the email address, you will get a link and a code in your inbox for password recovery.
- Alternatively, if you want to use your phone number, password recovery will be made through the same process of two-factor authentication.
These steps can help you with the TurboTax forgot password issue.
To Change The TurboTax Password
It is wise to keep changing your old password as it keeps the hovering security threats at bay. To change your old password, follow the below-given steps:
- Log into your account using your old login credentials, and then select the Intuit account.
- Now located underneath the Sign-in and Security menu, click edit next to User ID or Password.
- You may now enter your new password and click Save to confirm it.
How To Change TurboTax Account Username?
Now that you know how to change your account password, below are the steps to change your username:
- In the first place, log in to your TurboTax online account.
- Next, click on Intuit Account and open the Account Settings option.
- Moving ahead, click either on Profile or Security.
- Click on the Profile tab, wherein you need to select the Profile tab.
- Follow the instructions given on your screen carefully to change the TurboTax login username.
- Hit the Security tab and select the Edit option.
- In the end, enter a new username or password and click Save to finish.
You may also read: How You Can Fix TurboTax Password Recovery Issue?
To Put It All Together!
This post elaborates on some helpful solutions that can help eradicate the login issues in the program, such as TurboTax card login issues. If you are still stuck with the same issue, (Domain name) can guide your way through the error resolution.