TurboTax is software that is used by most people who are into business. It is an efficient software as it fulfills all the basic needs required to prepare a tax structure analytically. There are several different versions of TurboTax that is available, and each one of them has its own advantage and drawback.
Once you find out which would be the ideal TurboTax for your business, you will come across a sea of benefits of using this software. One of the common issues that come up with this software is the TurboTax update error on Mac devices. Some of the issues that you would face would be easy to solve, whereas some could be complicated. Even though things could get complicated, there is nothing that cannot be solved using the assistance of TurboTax customer service.
Why is TurboTax not opening on Mac? Possible Reasons and Workarounds
There are many ways to solve the issue of TurboTax software not functioning on your Mac device. To solve any problem that you would come across, it is necessary that you understand the reason behind encountering the problem.
There are several ways to tackle a specific issue; it becomes essential to determine which method would act as the most effective way out. Some steps that you can take up to resolve this issue are given below:
- The first thing to do is, check whether you are using the TurboTax software by means of the application folder. It is essential that you use the program from the application folder.
- It is also seen that wireless connections also tend to create problems in the functioning of the software. Always ensure that the internet connection that you are using is dependable, strong, and stable. If you do not have a dependable internet connection, you will come across such issues as creating problems during the process of updating.
- Then, check whether you have cleared your trash folder. It is seen that doing so has helped in solving this issue several times, as deleting temporary files from the system is helpful.
- Check the TurboTax Menu. In the menu, press and hold the option key. This would change the option of ‘Check for updates’ to ‘download latest updates.’ After this change occurs, download and install the TurboTax update forcefully.
- If the above-said steps don’t solve your issue, try and restart your system and router. Once the restart is complete, redo the update process.
How To Keep TurboTax 2020 Won’t Open on Mac Issue At Bay?
It is always good to consider the preventing steps before an error actually takes place. In case of the TurboTax 2021 not opening on Mac issue, considering the below-given preventing steps can keep the error at bay:
1: Install The Most Recent Version of the Programs
When installing the TurboTax application, make sure that it is the latest updated version of the program. It ensures that the app will not malfunction and that all the bugs and glitches are resolved.
2: Configure Permission to Open Identified Developers App
After installing the program on Mac, you may see an error message box wherein the error message reads – “Turbotax 2021 can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malefic applications.” This error message depicts that your MacBook is unable to check the applications that can cause severe damage to your device. To resolve this, follow the below-given steps:
- When the error message crops up on the screen, hit the “show in finder” option located on the error box.
- Once you click, it will open up. Here, you need to right-click on the Turbotax product and click on the open button.
- Thereafter, you will again see a similar message that says Turbotax can’t be opened because Apple is unable to check it for malicious software.
- In the end, open Turbotax on your Mac from the error box.
After allowing the permission to open identified developer’s application, check if the TurboTax won’t open Windows 10 error is resolved or not.
3: Make Sure That The Standard System Requirement Is Fulfilled
Ensuring that the system requirement on your Mac device for TurboTax is fulfilled, you can keep TurboTax 2021 won’t open on Mac at bay. Check below:
The below-listed operating systems work best with the TurboTax application:
- TurboTax 2021: macOS Catalina 10.15 or later.
- TurboTax 2020: macOS Mojave 10.14 or later.
- TurboTax 2019: macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.
- TurboTax 2018: macOS X v.10.12 or later (64-bit required).
The program supports the “Multi-core Intel processor with 64-bit support” and above processors to ensure smooth functionality.
Hard Drive Space
For the hard driver, consider:
- 2019 – 2021 version of the TurboTax: 1 GB.
- For the 2018 version of the program: 650 MB.
2 GB or more RAM ensures the smooth operation of the program.
CD/DVD drive is required when installing the software using the CD.
On A Final Note!
Once you have tried all the above-given methods and still encounter the TurboTax cannot open tax return issue, it is pretty obvious that you would require technical assistance to overcome the malfunction. In such a situation, Go Taxation can offer you the ideal solution with a TurboTax support number. This would provide you with expert advice on how to overcome the issue. They would understand the issue in detail and find the most appropriate solution to help you out of the malfunction. This service can be availed on a 24×7 hour basis and is also completely free of any expense.
TurboTax for Mac FAQs
1. How do I open TurboTax on my Mac?
In the first place, you need to install the TurboTax program on your Mac. You may utilize the installation CD for the installation purpose. Alternatively, double-click on the TurboTax download’s .dmg file, and it will mount a virtual drive on your Desktop. The Drive will open automatically. Here, you need to follow the on-screen instructions with full attention and enter your license code when you are asked to do so. Once the TurboTax is installed on your Mac OS, go to the Applications folder and double-click on TurboTax. You need to make sure that you are opening the TurboTax program from the Applications folder and not from the mounted virtual Drive or CD.
2. Can I use TurboTax 2020 on a Mac?
You may utilize the Online version of the program. The CD or Download purchases of the Desktop can not be applied to the Online version. Also, it will not be used for online purchases. If you are a Desktop user, you may receive a refund for the programs at issue.
3. Why does TurboTax not install on my Mac computer?
In order for TurboTax to work properly on your MacBook, make sure that the system meets all the technical requirements. You must also have administrator rights. For more information, you need to go through the solutions provided in the post.
4. Is TurboTax compatible with MacBook?
Yes, the TurboTax application works perfectly on MacBook. You must ensure that all the requirements met that are requisite for the TurboTax installation on the system.
5. Why is TurboTax not opening on my system?
If TurboTax is not opening on your system and you get the error message saying “TurboTax cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software”, then it means that the MacBook cannot check the application for any malicious software. Should you want to fix this issue, refer to solution number 2 in this blog.
6. For TurboTax 2020, what version of the Mac operating system do you need?
TurboTax 2020 works better on the Mojave 10.14 Mac OS and its later versions.
You may also read: How to Fix TurboTax Error code 1921?