TurboTax Error code 1921 is one of the serious error which can give users some really hard time when it arises. This error can arise during the installation of the software or when TurboTax program is running and during the starting up and shutting down of the Windows or during the installation of the operating system.
In order to get this problem fixed users need to dial TurboTax contact number which stays accessible 24hours a day round the clock to help the clients.
Symptoms of TurboTax error code 1921 are:
- An active program of Windows will crash
- Pc will frequently crash after running the program
- A window will respond slowly to the input of mouse and keyboard
- Your system will freeze for a few seconds
Causes of TurboTax Error code 1921
Why actually Error 1921 error occurs? Or what are the real cause which let this error to occur are listed below in this blog:
- Download of the corrupted TurboTax setup file
- Installation of TurboTax is incomplete
- Corruption of Windows registry files
- Due to viruses and malware infection
- When TurboTax related file is mistakenly deleted
Troubleshooting “Steps to Fix Error code 1921 in TurboTax”
After knowing the possible causes which can be responsible for Error 1921 in TurboTax users need to start with the steps which will help you in fixing in the error:
- Scan your system for the Malware
Malware and Viruses are known to corrupt, damage and delete the runtime error related files that’s why it is best for you to scan your complete system with good antivirus software. As they not only will diagnose the malware but also will remove it.
- Use the Disk Cleanup for cleaning the system Junk
Your computer accumulates lots of junk while using the internet or another thing. And if this junk is not removed timely then it will make your system ill. So the best way to do it is by cleaning the computer using disk cleanup.
- Open the command prompt of your system
- Enter ‘cleanmgr’ and then hit Enter
- Then Disk Cleanup process will calculate how much occupied disk space users can reclaim
- Now you need to click on a series of Checkboxes of Temporary files you want to remove from your system
- Once you have ticked, the process of cleaning will begin
- And once it is completed you can be free from junk files
These are two of the solutions steps to fix TurboTax Error code 1921 of TurboTax. If you want to know about other steps then you can call TurboTax customer service number. This number stays available at all hours and the experts are having good experience and expertise in solving the errors related to TurboTax. The professionals will first try to know about the problem and then after finding the actual cause of the problem they will resolve it by using the best technique.
Related Post: TurboTax Error 1603
Frequently Asked Questions
TurboTax error 1921 is a common error code in the program that can block you from proceeding further with an on-going task. In such a case, you need to resolve it immediately. If you are stuck at a troubleshooting step and clueless about what to do next, just get in touch with a professional technician to get the error resolved. Experts will guide you with the best solutions so that you can save your time and efforts in the error resolution. Explaining the issue in detail help the professionals help you more efficiently.
Yes! The TurboTax error 1921 can take place due to an outdated version of Windows you are using. Programs are devised to run on the latest version of the Windows. However, if the Windows is outdated, you may not be able to harvest all features of the program smoothly. Updating Windows can be the best solution to resolve the error in such a scenario. You need to use admin user to get the task accomplished. Once Windows is updated, check if the TurboTax error code 1921 is resolved or not.
When the error occurs, you will see an error message on your screen immediately. The error message reads –
“Error 1921: Service ‘Intuit Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.”
The error message depicts that an error in TurboTax has arrived due to insufficient access permissions. However, the error can take place due to several other reasons, such as a damaged Windows component. Furthermore, the processes that are running in the background can hamper the performance of your system and can bring forth TurboTax error code 1921.
To determine and close the programs that are causing the error, follow the below-given steps:
- Press CTRL+Alt+Del keys together and it will open the Task Manager.
- Now, you need to go to the processes tab to proceed further in this procedure.
- Next, highlight each program and then hit stop programs option.
- Moving ahead, click on “end processes” button.
- Check for the error message if it appears every now and then.
- Close the programs when they are identified.
After performing these steps, check if the TurboTax error 1921 is resolved or not.
TurboTax is a popular program that has millions of the users across the globe. However, when using the program, they report various issues. TurboTax error 1921 is also an annoying error in the list that users report differently. Some of the common instances of TurboTax error 1921 are:
- Intuit update service error 1921.
- TurboTax error code 1921.
- Error 1921 TurboTax.
However, all these errors depict the problem and you need to fix them using the relevant solutions. Basically, you need to troubleshoot all the possible factors that can be a strong reason behind the error.