Many times, users might come across QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107 due to the damaged file in the QuickBooks application. Sometimes, it might also be caused while utilizing an obsolete version of the payroll tax table. On the occurrence of this error, the following error message pops up on the screen stating:
“An internal file in QuickBooks has become unreadable [PS107]”.
As a consequence of this error, it affects the process of downloading the latest QuickBooks payroll. Thus, it is crucial to overcome this error asap with the correct measures explained further in this blog.
Didn’t have any clue on how to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107? Call us at @+1844-508-2335 and get all answers to your queries within the least time applicable.
What are the reasons that instigate QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107?
Here, we have described some of the root causes that are responsible for the occurrence of Error PS107 in QuickBooks.
- You haven’t installed the QuickBooks Desktop properly on your device.
- Sometimes, it might evoke if you haven’t updated the QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Accessing the obsolete version of QuickBooks is one reason for this error.
- Moreover, it might trigger when your system is attached to a low or unstable interrupted internet connection.
Simplified Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Error PS107
In this blog’s section, we have described some instant ways to overcome QuickBooks Error Code PS107.
First Solution: Download the Latest Version of QuickBooks Desktop
Using the obsolete version of QuickBooks might interrupt the users from getting the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. So, to fix the issue, check that you are operating the most upgraded version of the QuickBooks.
- Exit from your company file and launch the QuickBooks application on your device.
- After this, press the Windows key, look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon, and right-click on it.
- Now, choose the highlighted Run as Administrator option.
- From the No Company Open window, select the Help menu followed by Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Afterwards, hit the Options tab, opt for Mark All, and click the Save button.
- Moving further, head towards the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Next, choose the highlighted Get Updates option and close the QuickBooks application once the update is finished.
- Click on the Yes option to install the latest updates of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Second Solution: Get the Latest Version of the Tax Table Download
At times, users might encounter QuickBooks Error PS07 while using an older tax table version. So, upgrading your tax table whenever you must pay your employees is recommended to avoid further discrepancies. Below we have listed some of the simple steps to update your tax tables.
- Initially, choose the highlighted Employees tab and tap on the Get Payroll Updates.
- Afterwards, you must mark the checkbox “Download Entire Update.”
- At last, hit the highlighted Download Latest Update option.
Third Solution:- Clean Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
Sometimes, the background running processes might lead to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107. Clean installing the QuickBooks by selective startup mode will ensure that no background processes will intervene with the QuickBooks application.
Follow the steps described below to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, launch the Run command window by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- In the Run window, insert “MSConfig” within the required text field and opt for the OK button.
- From the System Configuration window, navigate to the Selective Startup and Load System Services in the General tab.
- Now, mark the checkbox beside “Hide All Microsoft Services” from the Services tab.
- Furthermore, opt for the Disable All button and see that the “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox is unmarked.
- Moreover, you must verify that the Windows Installer checkbox is marked and hit the OK button.
- Afterwards, tap on the Restart option from the System Configuration window.
- After that, clean install QuickBooks Desktop, and launch the Run window once again.
- Insert “MSConfig” within the search column and hit OK > Normal Startup > OK.
- Finally, you must tap on the Restart option from the System Configuration window.
Fourth Solution: Close QuickBooks and then Relaunch it.
There are multiple things that are set as default when you relaunch your application and this is the best way to resolve QuickBooks Error Code PS107. Go through the instructions below to shut down your application and start it again.
- In the initial stage, hit the Alt + Ctrl + Del keys altogether and hit the Start Task Manager option.
- Afterwards, move to the Processes tab within the Task Manager window.
- Now, you must highlight all of the applications that start with QuickBooks.
- Finally, choose the End Task/End Process option to complete the entire process.
Fifth Solution: Examine your Payroll Service Subscription
An inactive QuickBooks Payroll subscription is also one of the reasons that might trigger QuickBooks Error Code PS107. So, checking that you are using the updated payroll subscription is necessary. Go through the stepwise instructions given below to check your payroll service subscription.
- Before proceeding further, exit from all your company files and relaunch your system.
- After this, launch QuickBooks, select the Employees tab > My Payroll Service > Manage Service key.
- Ensure that the Service Name and Status mentioned is correct and will display the status as Active.
- Furthermore, tap on the Edit option and check the service key number. If you find the service key number inappropriate, add the correct one.
- You are supposed to tap on the Next button and unmark the Open Payroll Setup box, followed by the Finish option.
So, here we end this entire post and hope you might find it beneficial in resolving QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107. However, if you still need help fixing the error, consult our experts through the live chat facility for instant help.