QuickBooks company file plays a crucial role as it contains all the essential company records. Thinking a day without getting access to the data file is not less than a nightmare. But at times, users might witness QuickBooks Error 6123 while opening, upgrading or restoring the data file users might encounter QuickBooks Error 6123.
Every time the error comes up, it started flashing the following error message on your computer screen indicating:
As a result, it might hamper your ongoing business operations and put the entire work to a halt. Therefore, it is essential to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible by following the correct resolution methods. This post covers all the root causes that evoke the error and the solutions to get the issue fixed.
“Struggling while accessing your company file due to QuickBooks Error 6123? Get direct assistance from our QB experts by dialing @ (844) 508-2335.”
Reasons Why I Come Across QuickBooks Error Code 6123
Understanding the actual cause behind the QuickBooks Error 6123 will help you to deal with the issue instantly. Here, we have described some of the factors that might lead to the error. Check them out.
- Damage in the QuickBooks company file might result in QuickBooks Error 6123.
- It might occur when you are using the QuickBooks version that isn’t available anymore.
- Sometimes, it might evoke due to the multiple versions of the QuickBooks database service.
- There might be the possibility that you have renamed the system carrying your company file.
- In certain instances, it might take place due to the damaged Windows operating system.
Effective Resolution Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123
Before performing the fixation methods discussed below, ensure that you have turned off your antivirus and security programs. Additionally, there might be three conditions that might contribute to the QuickBooks Error Code 6123.
Instance 1: When you get QuickBooks Error 6123 while opening or restoring the company file
You must ensure that you access your company file from QuickBooks instead of Windows Explorer. However, if you try to access your company file using Windows Explorer you might end up with QuickBooks Error 6123. Therefore, to resolve the issue, adhere to the following steps listed below.
Solution 1: Repair the Damaged program using Quick Fix My Program
Before accessing the Quick Fix My Program you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. For that, all you have to do is to apply the steps listed below thoroughly.
- First of all, you have to get the most recently launched version of QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e, (1.5.0).
- After downloading the Tool Hub, you have to store the file to the location from where it is easily accessible.
- Now, navigate to the downloaded folder and search for the setup file i.e, QuickBooksToolHub.exe. Then, double-click on the file to open it on your device.
- Implement the steps as displayed on your computer screen to install the QuickBooks software. Then, give consent to the terms and conditions specified in the incense Agreement.
- Once you have successfully installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub, double-click on its respective icon to open it.
- After this, choose the Program Problems tab from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Following this, hit on the Quick Fix my Program tab and allow the tool to run. For instance, if you have installed QuickBooks on multiple versions then it may take a bit longer to run the tool.
- Once the tool repairs the program, open QuickBooks Desktop and verify if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to repair file damage
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool plays a crucial role as it enables the users to repair the damage in the file. Before using this tool, you must have to get QuickBooks Tool hub on your system by following the steps listed below:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device and then opt for the Company File Issues tab.
- After this, choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool and then move to the next step.
- Once the File Doctor opens up, click on the drop-down menu to pick the company file. If you can’t see your data file, tap on Browse option to look for your company file. You will see your file naming “[your company name].qbw”.
- Subsequently, tap on the Check your file and then hit the Continue option. With this, the QuickBooks will begin repairing your data file.
- Once you have successfully repaired the file, choose your company from the list of options available. Further, click on the Open QuickBooks options.
- Then, if you are able to access your company file without encountering any issues, it reflects that everything is fixed. You have to ensure to generate the backup of the company file once you are able to access it.
Instance 2: When you receive the QuickBooks Error Code 6123 while restoring your company file (.qbw)
Solution: Restore the QB Company File from Local Drive
The users are required to transfer the backup file to the local hard drive. Also, you mustn’t open the company file from an online storage folder. Here are the stepwise instructions to recover the company file from the backup.
- Begin the process by opening the QuickBooks application on your device if it is not already open.
- Navigate to the File menu and then opt for the Open or Restore Company option.
- Following this, choose the Restore a backup copy > Next > Local Backup > Next.
- Then, you have to look into your computer for the backup company file. You will get the backup company as: “[Your Company name].qbb”.
- Next, you have to pick the folder to make a decision where to restore your company file. For that, you have to choose the Open option.
Finally, hit the Save option. For instance, if you receive any data regarding overwriting data. In that case, choose the option that suits best as per your requirement.
Instance 3: When you confront QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 while restoring a backup (.qbb) on a new system
Solution: Generate a portable company file (.qbm) for restoring the data file
- Initially, you have to launch the QBDT on the same computer in which you have generated the backup of the file.
- After this, you are supposed to open your original company file.
- Now, you have to generate a portable company file by performing the steps listed below:
- Firstly, access the QuickBooks application and then sign in using the Admin credentials.
- Then, move to the File menu and then hit the Create Copy option.
- Following this, choose the Portable Company file and then Next.
- Assign a different name to your portable company file so that you can distinct it from the older one.
- Next, you are supposed to get your portable company file saved on the Windows Desktop where it is easy to find.
- Click on the Save button and then hit the Ok button to proceed further.
- After performing the steps above, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- In the end, restore your data file using the portable copy in place of the backup company file.
This post covers all the facts related to QuickBooks Error 6123. We assure that now you can easily gain access to your QuickBooks company file and use the company file records. However, if you get stuck at any of the above-listed steps, we suggest you connect with our experts. The simplest ways to connect with our QuickBooks professionals is through email or live chat.