Are you worried about getting your smooth payroll workflow troubled due to the QuickBooks error 15270? We got you! Due to this error, you must be receiving an error message stating, “[Error 15270] The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” Don’t worry! This blog will help you with the most-effective and easiest troubleshooting strategies to remove this error. We understand how problematic it is to face interruptions during the payroll update procedure. So, continue reading and immediately get rid of this payroll error.
If you’re looking for an expert to help you out with this payroll error code 15270 in the QuickBooks application, contact us! Our professionals are available 24*7 for your assistance.
Possible Factors Triggering QuickBooks Error 15270
To get better insight into the QuickBooks error 15270, it’s good to know the reasons behind the error. Well, there are multiple reasons that trigger your QuickBooks payroll update procedure. If you understand these errors properly, you will be closer to rectifying their errors. Have a look:
- If your QuickBooks payroll subscriptions are inactive or expired, it may cause you to face payroll errors, including error code 15270.
- The poor internet connection or fluctuations can also disturb the payroll update process.
- Maybe your Windows Operating System is incompatible with or supportive of the latest payroll updates.
- Apart from the QuickBooks payroll update procedure, if various other QuickBooks processes are running in the background, your update may get hampered by the QB error 15270.
- There might be a possibility of facing QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 due to the Windows Firewall restrictions.
- Make sure your default browser is Internet Explorer, or else it may create an issue during your payroll update procedure.
- If you have set an incorrect automatic update configuration, this mistake will surely invite the QuickBooks payroll update error 15270.
- Your QuickBooks payroll update process may get triggered due to interruptions from UAC settings.
- Any sort of damage or corruption in your files essential to run your QuickBooks application is also responsible for QuickBooks payroll update errors, including error code 15270.
- Corrupted Windows programs may also bring the QuickBooks error code 15270 and interrupt your smooth-going payroll update procedure.
How can I Notice QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?
If you need to confirm the existence of QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 in your application, have a look at the following prominent signs and symptoms.
- You can sense the error code 15270 in your QuickBooks application if the payroll update procedure stops out of the blue and unexpectedly.
- The crash of your active Windows without any reason is also a sign of the payroll update error code 15270 in your QuickBooks application.
- If you’re unable to run your QuickBooks application properly, the reason is the QuickBooks payroll update issue with error 15270.
- Your QuickBooks application’s poor or sluggish performance is another sign of QuickBooks error 15270.
- If you notice your active screen is crashing due to the simultaneous running of similar programs, it’s because of the QuickBooks payroll update error.
Now that you are aware of the reasons and signs for this annoying payroll error let’s start troubleshooting the error.
Wait! Consider the Following Points before Fixing QB Error 15270
Before starting the troubleshooting strategy to fix QB error 15270, you must consider the following points. These points will save your application from any loss or damage that may happen during the troubleshooting process.
- While opening your QuickBooks application, you have to perform all the required admin changes.
- Always try to execute payroll update processes on the servers that consume less time.
- Do not forget to restart your system before you begin with the QuickBooks payroll update procedure.
- Run the update payroll procedure after updating your QuickBooks application to the latest version.
- Try to follow all the instructions given on your screen and then tap the Finish button to conclude the update process smoothly and hassle-freely.
Read Also- QuickBooks Error H202
Troubleshooting Ways to Remove QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
We suggest you follow every troubleshooting method carefully without skipping any step of it. Pay attention to the methods and get back to your seamless payroll update procedure by rectifying the QuickBooks payroll update error 15270.
Troubleshooting Way 1 – Fix Issues with User Account Control Settings
If your User Account Control Settings are turned ON, there are chances of facing payroll update issues with error code 15270. Follow the steps according to your Windows operating system.
For Windows 7 and 8 Operating Systems
- For this, you are required first to click the Windows Start button, and from the main menu, you need to select the Control Panel button.
- In the next step, you need to select the View option from the Control Panel drop-down menu.
- Select the large icons as a view and click the User Accounts button. Now, left-click the option for changing User Account Settings and continue.
- Now click the Never Notify option followed by tapping the OK button to turn OFF the User Account Settings.
For Windows Vista Operating System
- To begin with this, you need to single-click the Start menu, and there you will see an option for Control Panel.
- Click the Control Panel option and double-click the User Accounts option. Now, continue to click the User Account Control settings option and choose to opt for ON and OFF alternatives.
- After this, clear the “Use User Account Control” (UAC) settings to protect your Desktop and QuickBooks application.
- Click the OK button and restart your Computer System and then try to continue with your payroll update process.
If the QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 is still interrupting the payroll update procedure, execute the next troubleshooting method.
Troubleshooting Way 2 – Restart your Computer and Manually Update your QuickBooks Payroll
While facing the update payroll error 15270 in the QuickBooks application, it’s also recommended first to restart your computer, followed by executing a manual attempt to update your payrolls.
- Start this procedure by first restarting your computer system along with the QuickBooks application. Now head towards the QuickBooks Update Service option.
- Here, you will see the Install Later option and continue to select the Help icon. After this, in the Help menu, you will see an option to Update QuickBooks.
- Select this option, followed by clicking the Update Now button. Now, tap the Reset Update button and continue to tap the OK button.
- Once your update process is over and finished successfully, you will see a text as Update Complete.
- After confirming the Update completion, restart your QuickBooks application. On restarting, you will again see a notification of QuickBooks Update Service, so click the Install Now button.
- Now, you need to search and select the Employees tab and continue to click the Get Payroll Updates. After this, install payroll updates. Followed by this, you will get an option to Download the entire payroll update. Click this option and continue.
- End this procedure after choosing the Update option.
Troubleshooting Way 3 – Run the “Reboot.bat” file and rectify the payroll update issue.
By running the Reboot.bat file, the error won’t disturb your QuickBooks payroll update procedure anymore. Execute this thorough method and continue.
- First of all, turn OFF your QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the Programs Files menu. From this, click the Reboot folder and access the Reboot.bat file.
- In the second step, right-click the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties option.
- Continue to the step and select the option of Open File Location. After this, right-click the Reboot.bat file and select the Run as administrator alternative.
- Now, by this process, you will see a new Window with file names on your screen. However, after the completion of the update process, this window will automatically close.
Troubleshooting Way 4 – Choose Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
Using Internet Explorer as a default browser, you will have fewer chances to face QuickBooks errors. How? Intuit actually recommends this browser to configure QuickBooks and its related updates. Follow these instructions for the same:
For Windows 10, 8, and 11 Operating Systems
First of all, go to the Windows Search bar and enter App Defaults. After getting the results for App Defaults, you need to find the Web Browser. Once you find it, set Internet Explorer as your Default Internet browser.
For Windows 7 Operating System
1. For this operating system, you are required to select and open your Internet Options menu.
2. In the second step, you are required to choose the Programs tab. Now, navigate to the Default Web Browser option.
3. Under this option, you will see a Make Internet Explorer the Default Browser option. Click it, and you’re done!
Troubleshooting Way 5 – Check your Payroll Subscription Status
As discussed before, the inactive payroll subscription won’t allow you to download the latest payroll updates seamlessly. That’s why you must execute the steps below and then download the payroll updates.
If you are a Basic, Standard, or Enhanced QuickBooks payroll application user:
- You have first to click the Employees option. Under the Employees drop-down menu, click My Payroll Service.
- Now, you will further see a drop-down menu; select the Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences option.
- Once you have selected this option, now you need to log in to the Intuit Account. Use the correct credentials while logging into the account and confirm the active status of your payroll subscription on the QuickBooks payroll account maintenance page.
If you are an Assisted QuickBooks payroll application user:
- Click the Employees tab and continue to select the My Payroll Service option.
- Now, click the Account Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences.
- Here, you will see a new window of QuickBooks payroll account maintenance. Close this screen and check the payroll service activation status.
Updating payroll regularly with the latest releases is better than facing any issues regarding your payroll process. However, if errors occur, such as the one we have discussed in this blog, you need to rectify them as soon as possible. If you find any difficulty while doing so, call on QuickBooks Support Number, and contact our QuickBooks Professionals. These professionals are available around a clock to help all the QuickBooks users, in rectifying their Queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error code 15270 is a typical error related to your payroll services. Users encounter this issue while updating their QuickBooks software or payroll services. One of the major causes of this troublesome error is the conflict between QuickBooks and the user’s antivirus or firewall software. Another reason can be incomplete installation or poor software set-up with corrupted QuickBooks installation files.
You can avoid facing QuickBooks Error 15270 from occurring again in the future by:
- Ensuring that your QuickBooks Desktop software and payroll services are always updated with the latest releases.
- Also, make sure that your antivirus or firewall software is compatible enough with your QuickBooks software, and do not turn ON any settings that can hamper your QuickBooks updates.
- Remember to back up your QuickBooks data regularly. It will effectively help you avoid losing crucial information in case of update errors or other payroll issues.
You can execute different methods to rectify the QuickBooks Error 15270 immediately:
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop software and payroll service to the latest version.
- Turn off your antivirus or firewall temporarily while updating QuickBooks software or payroll services.
- Another method is to sign in and run your QuickBooks application with admin credentials.
- Conduct the clean reinstallation of your QuickBooks Desktop.