TurboTax is a wonderful tax-preparation software that makes the tax filing process much more easier. To utilize this software, it is essential to download and install TurboTax on Windows. Before installing the product, it is essential to know the system specification required to run the software smoothly on your device. In this illustrative post we have covered every small detail that is required to install the tax filing software installed properly on Windows.
Are you looking for detailed information on how to install TurboTax on Windows? Call us at @ +1-844-508-2335 and get all your issues resolved within the least time possible.
Basic System Requirements For Installing TurboTax on Windows PC’s
It is essential that your device must fulfill the minimum system requirements required to install the TurboTax software. Doing so will enable the application to run seamlessly on your Windows device. Read the pointers below to get the complete details regarding the installation of TurboTax software.
Read Also- Installturbotax com
1. Operating System:-
- For the users of the 2022 edition must have Windows 10 or the enhanced operating system. Whereas, for the 2021 edition of Windows 8.1 or later, the 2020 edition required Windows 8 or later.
- On the other hand, the 2019 edition must have Windows 10, and Windows 8.0/8.1.
- Moreover, the users can also install TurboTax 2019 edition on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or Later). We advised the users to upgrade their operating devices before installing the software.
Ensure that your system has a Pentium 5 or Athlon processor.
3. Hard Drive Space:-
- For the TurboTax 2022 Edition, make sure your Windows device must have 1 GB of hard drive space. Moreover, you also require up to 4.5 GB of space for the installation of Microsoft .NET4.8 if it’s not installed already.
- On the other hand, for the TurboTax Edition 2021-2021, you require 1GB of hard drive space. In addition to this, you require up to 4.5 GB for the installation of Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 if it’s not installed already.
- Whereas the 2019 edition of the TurboTax users must require 2 GB of storage space. Apart from this, the users also require Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 client if it’s not installed already.
To run the TurboTax software smoothly on your Windows PC’s check that your system must have 2GB of storage space.
5. CD/DVD Drive:-
The users must require the CD/DVD Drive if the users wish to install the TurboTax software through the installation CD drive.
6. Internet Connection Required:-
- 2020-2022 :-
1 MBPS modem is mandatory for product activation, software updates, and for adding optional online features.
The speed that is advised for the proper installation of the TurboTax software is 1 MBPS. moreover, a smooth and uninterrupted internet connection is required for product activation and updates.
7. Screen Resolution:-
Also, verify that the monitor resolution must be 1024 X 768.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Install TurboTax Via CD-Drive
Below, we have discussed the instructions for installing the TurboTax via CD drive.
- In the beginning, you have to insert the TurboTax CD within the CD Drive of your device.
- Thereon, hold down the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run Command window on your screen.
- After this, hit the Browse option and look for the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive.
- You must double-click on the file named “setup.exe” to initiate with the installation process.
- Consequently, you will get a screen with the message indicating, “Your product is installed; now let’s activate it”. Herein, you must add the License Code within the required text field.
- At last, hit the Continue option to accomplish the installation process.
Detailed Process to Install TurboTax Using the License Code
There is yet another method of installing the TurboTax software through the license code. For this, you require a License Code. The License Code is a code that mainly comprises of 16 characters which is a combination of both letters and numbers.
You can acquire the License code either on the envelope or packaging slip of the TurboTax product. Otherwise, you can get it from the Purchase Confirmation email or in your Order History.
Go through the process described below to gain the proper guidance regarding installing the TurboTax software.
- Firstly, you must reach the website InstallTurboTax.com from your preferred web browser.
- After this, you must sign in to your TurboTax account. If you won’t have an account earlier, create one and proceed further.
- Thereon, you must include the License Code you received while purchasing the product within the required text field accurately.
- Once you have added the License Code, cross-check it to avoid any further issues.
- Finally, do as per the instructions given on the screen to install and activate the TurboTax software successfully.
We assure you that this post has provided you with all the essential information required to install TurboTax on Windows. However, if you are still having any query in your mind, feel free to consult with our professionals through the live chat facility. You can also send a mail to the experts and get proper solutions as per your query within the least time possible.
Read Also- How to Install TurboTax On Mac