You may think the word ‘tax’ is a single three-letter easy word, but only a few people know how scary this three-letter word can be as it involves lots of tedious paperwork and complex calculation. You need to complete many forms and loss of documents needs to be prepared while filing the state and federal tax returns. However, there is one unique tax preparation software that can reduce your workload in filing the tax return, and that is none other than TurboTax. This software was developed by Intuit and is one of the most amazing income tax preparing software. This software comes in different version like TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Basic, and you can download the software which best suits your requirement. If you don’t know which version is best for you, then you can contact the TurboTax helpline number and consult with experts to learn more about the different features of TurboTax.
You will be amazed to know that you can use this software in Windows as well as Mac operating system. You can download and install TurboTax on Mac easily by following the steps given in this blog.
Steps to Install TurboTax on Mac
You can install the TurboTax software by using a CD or by downloading the setup file from the TurboTax website. For locating the downloaded setup file, you need to search the filename of the setup file. For example, while searching for the TurboTax Basic download, you have to enter ‘m_turbotax’. Once you have purchased the TurboTax software, then you can go through the steps given below for downloading and installing the software on your Mac OS:
- Step 1: You need to insert the TurboTax CD in the CD/DVD drive of your Mac system
- Step 2: If you have downloaded the TurboTax setup file then just double-click on the ‘.dmg’ file
- Step 3: Then a virtual drive will mount on your desktop, and then it will open on its own
- Step 4: After that, you need to follow the instructions that are given in the pop-window to proceed forward
- Step 5: Then you need to slowly drag the red TurboTax icon in the Applications folder of your system
- Step 6: You should be careful so that you do not drag the icon beyond the pop-up window of the existing Applications folder.
Once the steps given above are completed, then you need to double-click on the TurboTax in the ‘Applications’ whenever you want to open the program, and then you can work on your tax returns. You should always remember to run the TurboTax program from the ‘Applications’ folder only. You should never run the software from the mounted virtual drive or the CD because then it can lead to errors in the TurboTax. If you find any trouble while installing the software by following the steps mentioned in this blog, then you can reach out to TurboTax technical support to speak with certified experts. The customer care team is available 24 hours a day to resolve any error you may encounter while accessing TurboTax on your Mac device.
1. How to Fix 1098-T Error in TurboTax?
2. How TurboTax Absolute Zero Benefits on Filing Tax Returns?