TurboTax error 102345 can crop up when opening the program in Windows. The error code depicts that the user has opened a non-tax file. A misconfigured system file can be one of the most apparent reasons behind this error. These erroneous system files can create registry errors in your operating system.
However, there are multiple factors that can give rise to TurboTax error code 102345 when running the program. To get rid of the error, you need to look for the possible causes and eradicate them one after the another. Navigate through this full post to get your error-related queries answered.
What Promotes Error 102345 in TurboTax?
TurboTax is an excellent accounting software that can streamline your tax filing tasks. However, there are multi-faceted issues that can take place when using the program. The TurboTax error 102345 is also one such issue in the program that can prevent you from running this tool. Check the below-given list:
- When a user opens a non-tax file on TurboTax, the error code can come into the picture.
- If you are opening a tax file from a previous version of the program, an error can take place.
- Presence of corrupted files in the TurboTax.
- Malicious viruses, malware, or adware threats also promote error 102345 when running the program.
- A newly installed program over the old one.
- An erroneous registry is also one of the apparent reasons that can lead to this annoying error code.
- Make sure that the program is updated to the latest release, or be ready to face the error.
The persistence of any of these conditions can cause an error; therefore, you need to fix the issue by suppressing them.
Symptoms of TurboTax Error 102345
Knowing the possible reasons behind the error can certainly make troubleshooting easier for you. However, you need to ensure the particular error code by observing its possible symptoms. Check the below-given list:
- You will get the error message on your screen with code 102345 while opening the tax file on Windows.
- You may also get this error by opening a non-tax file in TurboTax.
- When the error occurs, you may not be able to access your tax file from within the application.
- It also implies that you might be using an outdated version of the TurboTax application.
- The anomalous behaviour of the program can also be experience.
On experiencing these signs, you need to understand that it is high time to look for troubleshooting solutions for the error.
How To Fix Error Code 102345 – TurboTax?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error 102345 let’s dig further and check some of the most relevant solutions for it. In the first place, you need to make sure that the program is updated to the latest maintenance release. Follow the below-explained solutions with the utmost attention:
Solution* 1: Check If An Update Is Available
First things first, you need to make sure that the program you are trying to open has the latest maintenance release installed on it. Below are the steps:
- Launch the TurboTax application on your device to start the update check.
- Now, log into your TurboTax account required to proceed further.
- Here, you need to select the Help tab and use the menu option.
- Moving ahead, navigate through the online menu.
- In this menu, you have to choose the check for updates option.
- Click OK to confirm and move to the next step.
- In the end, finish the update procedure and click OK to relaunch the program.
If you are getting the TurboTax error 102345 even after updating the program, follow the next solution.
Solution* 2: Utilize RegCure Pro For The Error Resolution
To put the tool to use, follow the below-given steps:
- Pay a visit to the official website using your default browser.
- Next, choose your operating system from the list of the latest downloaded files.
- Thereafter, run the executable file and perform the on-screen instructions.
- Here, you need to complete the RegCuro Pro installation before you proceed any further.
- Once done, launch the application on your device.
- Moving ahead, go to the scan menu and then hit the Scan button.
- Now, wait until the scan gets completed.
- After that, click on the fix errors button.
- In the end, restart your device to conclude the procedure.
Now check if the error code 102345 is resolved or not. If there is no help with this solution, try the next one.
Solution* 3: Optimize Your Machine Using Plumbytes
To run Plumbytes, you need to install it on your device in the first place. To complete the whole procedure, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Download the Plumbytes on your device and run the downloadable file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once installed, launch the program on your device to put it to use.
- Moving ahead, click the Run A Scan option and wait for the scan process to finish.
- Thereafter, choose the Select All option, and it will select all your issues.
- After your selection, click on Remove Now option to solve the error.
- Now restart your device after completing the procedure.
Now check the status of TurboTax error 102345.
Alternative Solutions To Eliminate Error Code 102345 in TurboTax
If the primary solutions explained above fail to resolve the error, here are some alternative solutions you may implement for the error resolution.
Reinstall TurboTax Application After Uninstalling
- First things first, open the Windows taskbar on your computer to start the procedure.
- Next, type Uninstall in the area given for search.
- After that, select add or remove the option to proceed further.
- Once done, select the apps and features option from within the current window.
- Your previous action will open a list of applications and programs.
- Here, move down to find out the TurboTax option from the list of installed programs.
- Once located, right-click on the TurboTax option and select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- Confirm your selection and follow the required steps.
- Once uninstalled, restart your device and remove the cached files and folders from your machine.
- In the first place, you need to launch the web browser on your device.
- Now using the browser, make a visit to the TurboTax official website.
- After that, go to the downloads page.
- Here, you need to download the file and run the installation.
- Open the installer window on your screen and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now click the Next button and tap the install option on the “ready to install” window.
- Once the installation process is completed, select the launch TurboTax option.
- In the end, enter the license information in the specified text area.
After completing the reinstallation procedure, open the TurboTax application.
To Sum It Up!
This post elaborates on the possible reasons and troubleshooting solutions for TurboTax error 102345. Now that you are here, it implies that you resolved the error successfully. However, if you are unable to resolve the error due to some technical unease or other possible reasons, get in touch with our TurboTax experts. Describe your issues in detail, and they will offer you the best solution.