QuickBooks error QBWC1085 is an error that is related to an important utility known as QuickBooks Web Connector. This utility enables data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and the online version of the program hosted on the web. Wen Connector is an efficient tool by Microsoft that can be integrated with any QuickBooks Desktop application which utilizes QuickBooks SKD or QB POS SDK.
You can download QuickBooks Web Connector for free from Intuit’s official website and use it for connecting QuickBooks Desktop solutions with online services. However, when using QuickBooks Web Connector, you may experience various issues. One such issue is QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 we will discuss and troubleshoot in this post.
About QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Before we hop into the troubleshooting solution, let’s under the error code QBWC1085 in the first place. The direct impact of error can be seen on Desktop version of QuickBooks Enterprise solution.
The error can prevent QuickBooks from exchanging data from any third-party web-based application. A damaged log file QWCLOG.TXT can be one of the main reasons behind the arrival of this error. When the error occurs, you will get to see an error message for the same on your screen, which states:
“QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write on the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing on the log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name.”
When you see this error message on your screen, it is high time to start the troubleshooting procedures. However, it is crucial to understand its possible reasons in the first place.
What Reasons Can Evoke QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Some of the main reasons that can give rise to QuickBooks error message QBWC1085 are described in the below-given list:
- The inability of the program to write to the web connector log file.
- When the QuickBooks Web Connector-related TXT file becomes damaged or inaccessible.
- You can make it work even with damaged components. You need to disable them during the startup.
- When the web connector is trying to get information from a third-party web-based program.
- You may see various other instances of the error 1005 to 1085 due to irregularities related to the log file.
Symptoms of Error Code QBWC1085 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks error QBWC1085 can be identified by various symptoms that it shows on the screen:
- An error message appears on your screen, notifying you about the persisting issue.
- Web Connector fails to perform an intended task.
- Sluggish performance of the Windows.
- A damaged QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- Improperly working QuickBooks Web Connector components.
On noticing these symptoms, start working on the troubleshooting solutions without wasting your time.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message QBWC1085?
Now that we know the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error QBWC1085, we can implement the right solutions to troubleshoot the problem. Below are some of the relevant solutions explained in simple language for you. Let’s start with the following:
Solution 1: Delete QuickBooks Web Connector
If you don’t run any third-party web-based application with QuickBooks, then you can simply disable/delete Web Connector by navigating through the list of automatic startup programs. It can help you avoid the QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First things first, log into your Windows admin account.
- Thereafter, open Windows File Manager and go to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows \Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup.
- Moving ahead, you need to find and delete QuickBooks Web Connector from within the folder.
- Restart Windows and now check if the QuickBooks online applications are working or not.
If the QuickBooks error QBWC1085 still persists, you need to perform the next solution.
Solution 2: Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Locate Web Connector from under the automatic startup programs list and make sure that it is running in the background. To enable the Web Connector, you need to perform the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard and type MSConfig when the Run window opens.
- Moving ahead, click OK and then click on the Startup tab.
- Thereafter, locate and mark the checkbox for the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Now hit Apply button and then OK.
- In the end, restart Windows and try to troubleshoot the damaged TXT file.
Solution 3: Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
As we have discussed, a corrupted QuickBooks Web Connector file (QBWCLOG.TXT) can give rise to QuickBooks error QBWC1085. In such a case, you need to rename the file to eradicate the existing issue. Below are the steps:
- First of all, go to the QuickBooks Web Connector icon from the taskbar and right-click on it. After that, select Exit.
- Next, launch Windows File Manager and go to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Moving ahead, right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select Rename option from the drop-down menu.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name so that it looks like QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it.
- After renaming, restart the Web Connector application and move ahead.
- Perform computer rebooting and open QuickBooks again.
- Here, you may try using an online application integrated with QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Connect The Company File To A Third-Party Program
Connect the company file to a third-party program by performing the below-given steps:
- First, open the Run window (Windows + R) and once the run box opens, type in MSConfig and click the OK button.
- Thereafter, click on the startup tab.
- Checkmark the box for QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Click Apply option and hit the OK tab.
- In the end, conclude the process by resetting the system.
Performing these solutions can help you get rid of the QuickBooks error QBWC1085. Get help from QuickBooks experienced professionals in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code QBWC1085 and manage your business accounting with the utmost peace of mind.