TurboTax is a flawless tax-preparation software that provides easy tax calculation and smooth tax-filing features. However, to access the TurboTax on your system, it is essential to create an account. For that, you must add all the personal details like email address, phone number, password, and social security number.
At times, users feel the need to change phone number on TurboTax accounts due to several reasons. It might be possible that you have purchased a new number, and your old number is not in use anymore. In that case, updating the new one is mandatory so that you can receive useful notifications on that number.
This comprehensive post contains all the essential information required to change the phone number on TurboTax.
“Unable to change phone number on TurboTax and require instant help? Place a call at @+1-844-508-2335 and get all answers to your queries within no time.”
Steps to be Performed to Change Phone Number on TurboTax
Are you looking for detailed steps to change the contact number of TurboTax accounts? If yes, then have a glimpse of the instructions listed below thoroughly.
- The first and foremost step is to log in to your TurboTax Online account using the correct login credentials.
- Now, you have to tap on the Intuit Account present at the lower left corner of the screen.
- Soon after this, hover your cursor over the Edit option at the right of the phone line. Then, further move to the “Change next to your phone number” option.
- Next, you are supposed to add the new phone number in the required text field. You must be very attentive while entering the wrong password. This is so because an incorrect phone number won’t allow you to get access to your TurboTax account. Thus, it might interrupt you from gaining access to your TurboTax account.
- Afterwards, you have to add the new password correctly.
- Once you have added all the details, you must cross-check all the details for further discrepancies. You can only make the required changes if you find any issues.
- On a final note, tap on the Save button to save the mandatory changes made to your TurboTax account.
With this, now your TurboTax account phone number has been changed successfully. Thus, you can now easily get a code on your number to recover your TurboTax account easily.
Steps to be performed when you can’t verify your number on TurboTax
In certain instances, the users might face difficulty sending or receiving SMS verification codes on the registered mobile number in TurboTax. For that, you have to apply the following instructions listed below.
Step 1: Verify Your Phone Number:-
While entering the phone number in your TurboTax accounts, you must check that you have entered the contact number correctly. Also, you have to check that you have selected the right country code.
Step 2: Look For a Good Wi-Fi Or Mobile Data Connection:-
- To cross-check the internet settings, you must go to the Settings option.
- After this, you must verify whether the Wi-Fi or Mobile data is switched on. Apart from this, you must ensure that the Airplane mode must be off.
- Change your location if you are still waiting to receive the proper internet connection. Ensure you have shifted to the location where you are getting the high-speed internet connection network.
- To test your internet network connection, you must try opening Google Chrome on your device. You must access a website and see whether it is loading or not.
Step 3: Verify whether you are receiving the SMS texts
Move to the Settings menu to check that you are getting the SMS on your registered mobile number. Then, proceed further by implementing the steps listed below.
- Make sure that your mobile phone is receiving the proper network.
- Also, you must verify that you have not enabled the Airplane mode.
Step 4: Request For a New Verification Code
After performing the above steps, you can look for the verification code and then ask for the code again.
- For instance, opt for the Resend SMS option if you don’t receive a text message.
- On the other hand, if you have only a mobile connection and cannot receive the SMS. In that case, you can request a call by clicking on the Call Me option.
Step 5: Try to Fix the Application
The users can fix the application through multiple devices like Android, Mac, and Windows devices. Follow the instructions described below thoroughly.
For Android Users
- Firstly, access the Settings of your Andriod’s device.
- After this, select Apps >> Duo>> Force Stop and then open Duo again.
- Now, uninstall the Duo application and then download it once again.
- Next, relaunch your device and then access the Duo application on your device.
Windows PC Users
- Firstly, choose the Time option present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Afterwards, go to Settings and pick the Google Play Store option.
- Following this, click on Manage Android Preferences > Apps.
- Now, you must pick the Duo option from the list of applications available.
- Then, hover your cursor over the Force Stop option and access the Duo application again.
- Try to uninstall and then install the Duo application on your Windows device.
- In the end, switch off your device and then turn it on. Later on, open the Duo application.
For iPhone and iPad Users
- Initially, you should double-tap on the Home button from your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, swipe up on Duo and open the application on your device.
- Furthermore, uninstall and install the Duo application on your system.
- Later on, disable your device and then again turn it on. After this, you must open the Duo application on your Mac devices.
Drawing To a Conclusion!!
We assure you that the details mentioned above will provide you a better insight into how to change phone numbers on TurboTax accounts. You can reach out to our experts via live chat if you have any doubts or trouble changing the contact number. Once the query reaches our TurboTax experts, they will make all their efforts to provide you with all the necessary assistance.