TurboTax is an American Tax Preparation Software to file taxes online. TurboTax allows taxpayers to file pre-filled returns for free.
Steps to “Enter 1099-R in TurboTax”:
1099-R is a form you need to fill if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. You can follow these steps to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:
- Open your tax return on TurboTax
- Look for the 1099-R form and select the Jump to a link
- Click Yes on the “Your 1099-R” screen and proceed
- In case you reach the entries screen click ‘Add another 1099-R’.
- Select the method you want to follow to enter your 1099-R and follow the given instructions.
If you have any trouble filling your 1099-R form you can call the TurboTax customer service number and speak to one of the tax experts to resolve the error.
Steps to “Delete 1099-R in TurboTax”:
If you notice an error in your 1099-R form while using TurboTax then the best way to delete it is through the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen. You can follow the steps given below to delete the form:
- Login into TurboTax and open your tax return.
- Search for the 1099-R form and select the “Jump to” link to go to the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen.
- Go to the unwanted 1099-R form and select delete.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm your action and exit TurboTax.
If your 1099-R is not deleted even after following the steps given here you should call the TurboTax representative for more information.